Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accused of "trolling" & trying to "wind up" users in the Politics forum

Options
  • 11-11-2020 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭

I am appealing an infraction I received on the Politics Forum thread. I've spoken with the mod (Chips Lovell) and they are not willing to reverse it.

I have been moderated in this very same way before by this particular moderator, where they have unfairly labelled by posts as being something which they are not (they have also threadbanned me from the Trump thread maintaining that an opinion I expressed was a "conspiracy theory"). There was also this forum ban last year for another absurd reason.

As far as this latest infraction is concerned:

Last night a user posted a tweet about the USPS whistleblower which claimed that he had "recanted" his statement to the FBI. I replied to their post pointing out that (according to James O'Keefe) the Whistleblower said he has not recanted his story at all. A different user then replied to my post suggesting that what I had said was "forbidden" and was an "attempt to incite written violence" on the forum, to which I then replied with the following (now infracted) post:
    TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Pete, I really don't get your reticence to question ANYTHING out of James O Keefe as his bona fides have been trounced repeatedly by so many of your fellow posters on here. At this stage, repeating his bull**** in here is akin to serving bacon sambos in a mosque.
    If what O'Keefe / Project Veritas said was "BS" then they'd have been sued and lost cases by now, but yet they have never lost one.
    https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1326332965555724291
    You know it's pork; you know its forbidden, and yet you continue to try to force it down our throats..
    "Forbidden"? Just because the majority don't like something does not, and should not, mean it is forbidden.
    At the least it's totally disrespectful to most of us for you to continue to push this crap! At worst, its a thinly veiled attempt to incite written violence!
    An "attempt to incite written violence"?? lol
    C'mon Man! Think about the **** you're serving! Nobody's consuming it! And it just pollutes everything you say as coming from a mosque-based pork seller!
    Richard is a whistleblower. He stands by his allegation re backdating of ballots in the 2020 Presidential Election. The WaPo claimed he recanted his allegation and admitted fabricating it - he denies that. How that is not a story in your eyes worthy of posting on this thread I don't know but either way, I, obviously, disagree.

Here is the PM I received from the moderator this morning:
    Dear Outlaw Pete,

You have been infracted for Trolling.

You've been given a fair hearing here, but at this stage I'm more than convinced that your attempting to wind up other users (and the mods). And that's trolling. Consider this a final warning. If you keep it up, we'll ban you from the forum completely

Quite clearly I was not "trolling" or on a "wind up" and was just responding to a user who had suggested my reply was "bs" / "forbidden" given I was quoting James O'Keefe, the very person who found the Whistleblower and conducted the interview with him where he maintains he did not recant his allegations as the Washington Post had maintained. I was not even the user who first posted about the whistleblower last night.

On the thread the moderator posted here suggesting my post was "misinformation" - but that is not true and I clearly pointed out in my posts that, should Richard be lying, then I hope he does time. Where exactly is the misinformation?

Would appreciate it if a Cmod would look at this for me.

If the PM exchange with the mod is needed, I'll post it also.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi Outlaw Pete, I'll look into this for you.

Yes I will need the exchange you had with the moderator please. I'll have a good look through it all but it might be a few hours before I get back to you so bear with me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just deleted an unwanted post. Only the OP and relevant Cmods are permitted to post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Hi Outlaw Pete, I'll look into this for you.

Yes I will need the exchange you had with the moderator please.

Thanks, Dizzy - here you go:
    You've been given a fair hearing here, but at this stage I'm more than convinced that your attempting to wind up other users (and the mods). And that's trolling. Consider this a final warning. If you keep it up, we'll ban you from the forum completely

I am not trying to "wind" anyone up am not "trolling"

This is not the first time you have mis-categorized my posts like this.

I have now had to delete a reply to a user as I am unsure of just how you'll label it.

I am requesting this infraction be removed.

If you will not, I am starting a DRF thread as I have had enough of the Politcs Forum mods jumping down my neck for nothing, banning me for posting a Tweet, threadbanning me for what is labelled "conspiracy theories" - the Politics forum is there for all users with differing views, not just liberal left ones.

That forum reads like a chat room right now, so rare is it for someone to disagree with the left's consensus. It's gone on far too long. It's akin to a Private Forum.

Pete.
    Sorry Pete,
    I don't believe you. You were posting stuff on the election thread from James O'Keefe and Project Veritas, despite the fact that O'Keefe has a long track record as a fabricator, something which has been pointed out repeatedly. I've no doubt that you're aware of this.

I've engaged with you in good faith with him for a long time now, but I no longer think that you genuinely believe a lot of the stuff you're posting and are instead just here to troll.

Regards

Chips

That's the problem, Chips - you think 'Views that don't agree with the liberal left opinion on a political issue = trolling'. It's incredulous and as I pointed out to you, this is not the first time you've done this, or a Politics Forum mod has done this either, to a non-liberal user, happens all the time, been going on for years, which is why the forum is 95%+ liberal users and as soon as another viewpoint is expressed, uproar ensues, posts are reported and users like me are infracted/threadbanned.

So I'm appealing this. I let your last threadban slide, despite it also being a very good example of how non-liberal views aren't tolerated on the Politics forum, but I'm not letting this go, not this time. Only so long you can treat users this way without eventually someone calling foul on it. Perhaps it'll do no good, I'll soon see I guess.

Thanks for the reply,

Pete

I'll have a good look through it all but it might be a few hours before I get back to you so bear with me.

Grand, won't be online again until Saturday afternoon anyway, so no rush my end.

Pete

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thank you. It matches the record provided by the moderator. I've read through it, and also your posts in the relevant thread.

I've seen the moderator's note in the first post in the thread, and also the moderator's warning on thread quoting part of the forum charter which forbids posters persisting with posting misinformation. James O'Keeffe and Project Veritas are widely known to fabricate 'evidence of corruption'. A debate about the veracity of these latest claims has no place in a thread about the election results, it belongs in a thread of its own and not necessarily in the Politics forum. Your persistence in insisting he's telling the truth in a thread about election results derails the thread, winds others up and really does come across as trolling.

I have to tell you that in this case I believe your infraction was justified and should remain in place. If you're unhappy with my decision you can of course have an administrator look into it.

Advertisement