Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package Marked Delivered But Never Got It - They Tell Me To Contact Seller

Options
  • 11-11-2020 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm really hoping you can give me some advice.

I purchased an item From eBay UK on 27 Oct. It hadn't arrived by Nov 3rd so I looked at the tracking no. to see where it was. This stated that it had been shipped and was delivered the evening before and signed for. I was in the house at the time and nobody called the doorbell.

I contacted the courier and they responded saying it had been delivered, and told me to check the porch, sidegate with neighbour etc. I did this and there's no sign of it. I tell them this, they say they will talk to courier. No response, I contact them, they say they're contacting the depot. No response, I contact them today, they say

"Unfortunately I have been unsuccessful in receiving an update. I would advise contacting your supplier to refund or resend this shipment.

They will then revert back to us for a claim."

What should I do? Isn't this their fault, and nothing to do with the seller?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,847 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The seller is the person with the contract with the courier and it's up to them to chase it up. They can either resend the item or refund you, then claim from the courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Your contract is with the seller, so that is who you contact with regards any issues with your purchase. The seller is responsible for getting the product to you.
    The seller has a contract wit the delivery company. Any issues with the actual delivery need to be resolved between the seller and the delivery company.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

They answered your question with "They will then revert back to us for a claim." You contact the seller, they sort you out and then they chase the courier to make a claim back for losing your purchase.

Advertisement