Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business partner or investor

Options
  • 11-11-2020 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have an ecommerce store that will complete its first 12 months trading in December.
    I will have turned over €60,000 by then at the current rate but I was working full time and just working at it in the evenings as a side business.
    I have done very little paid advertising, just experimenting, and all my sales were in Ireland organically through instagram and google (reached #3 spot on page 1 for my main keyword on google.ie)

We offer free worldwide delivery and I think there is huge potential to scale globally but I have no experience with ecommerce or marketing at all apart from what i have learned over the last year.

I have an Irish competitor who has a background in digital marketing and SEO and is doing really well globally with huge traffic from the US and other countries. He gets most of his traffic organically through affiliate and content marketing and only does a small amount (proportionally) of paid advertising.

I have a basic knowledge of google and facebook ads and i can create semi decent content but I am not good at finding quality affiliate or at content promotion to get it picked up to drive quality traffic to my site.

I have okay margins but i have found that if i hire someone for google ads or an affiliate program manager then any profits just go towards paying them with little left over.

So i am thinking do i hire these people and learn from them until i can take over each part and run it myself (will probably take a long time) or look for a business partner that has experience scaling an ecommerce store or get an investor on board who would have a team with these skills that i could leverage?

Any advise would be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 monty12

Mods, would it be possible to move this to the internet marketing sections or another forum if you think it will be more suited? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Send me a pm with the below info and I might be able to help:

Dropshipped or stored in Ireland
    Weight
    Dimensions
    Cost price
    RRP ex vat
    Applicable vat rate
    Target Market

I don't need to know the product :)

Advertisement