If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED advice / Denon AV receiver / Speaker cable

Options
  • 11-11-2020 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi,
      Building up my first system- i have already bought Q acoustics 3050 for front L&R and the 3090ci for the center,3010 for the rear L&R (plus wall brackets!) and the 7000i for atmos from you recently. Im looking for a bit of advice on what speaker cable you would recommend for the above. the floorstanders (and center!) will be beside the tv so the won't be a problem but for the other speakers am looking to put the cable behind the skirting board, what cable would be suitable for this- ie not too big but flexible?

Im also looking into upgrading the tv as the current one is on its last legs (3 backlight lenses have fallen off and there is purple from the bottom and top of the screen!), the models im looking at are the 65" LG OLED's and its between the BX and the CX. Ill be using it mainly for movies (streaming and 4k blu ray) and some gaming on ps4 and ps5 sometime early next year so id like to have the option of 4k 120Hz. Is there much of a real life difference between these sets?, i think the BX has the A7 processor and the CX runs on the A9 and the CX is said to be a little brighter- are these differences noticeable ?

Also im will be looking to get a AV receiver and looking at the Denon 2600 / 2700, would the issue with the HDMI 2.1 panasonic chips not working correctly on 4k 120 in the new line of Denon receivers be rectified with my unit in the future if i got the 2700 now and just used eARC from the lg in the meantime? or would i be better off with the 2600 and losing the 4k120, although the 2600 looks to have jumped a bit in price since i looked a few weeks ago! plus if i use eARC with the CX/BX oled will it pass DTX to the receiver and if not what would be the effect of this?
    p.s can you pm me the best prices you can do on the above as i've spent a small fortune there already ;)
       Sorry for all the questions, im new to all this - just trying to get me head around it !!
            Michael 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Moreilly wrote: »
    Hi,
      Building up my first system- i have already bought Q acoustics 3050 for front L&R and the 3090ci for the center,3010 for the rear L&R (plus wall brackets!) and the 7000i for atmos from you recently. Im looking for a bit of advice on what speaker cable you would recommend for the above. the floorstanders (and center!) will be beside the tv so the won't be a problem but for the other speakers am looking to put the cable behind the skirting board, what cable would be suitable for this- ie not too big but flexible?

Im also looking into upgrading the tv as the current one is on its last legs (3 backlight lenses have fallen off and there is purple from the bottom and top of the screen!), the models im looking at are the 65" LG OLED's and its between the BX and the CX. Ill be using it mainly for movies (streaming and 4k blu ray) and some gaming on ps4 and ps5 sometime early next year so id like to have the option of 4k 120Hz. Is there much of a real life difference between these sets?, i think the BX has the A7 processor and the CX runs on the A9 and the CX is said to be a little brighter- are these differences noticeable ?

Also im will be looking to get a AV receiver and looking at the Denon 2600 / 2700, would the issue with the HDMI 2.1 panasonic chips not working correctly on 4k 120 in the new line of Denon receivers be rectified with my unit in the future if i got the 2700 now and just used eARC from the lg in the meantime? or would i be better off with the 2600 and losing the 4k120, although the 2600 looks to have jumped a bit in price since i looked a few weeks ago! plus if i use eARC with the CX/BX oled will it pass DTX to the receiver and if not what would be the effect of this?
    p.s can you pm me the best prices you can do on the above as i've spent a small fortune there already ;)
       Sorry for all the questions, im new to all this - just trying to get me head around it !!
            Michael 
    Hi Moreilly.

Thanks for coming back to us.

For speaker cable I would recommend the Ultra Micro. Its a sliver based cable and is easy to run due to its size.
    Priced at £3.19 per meter
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-910743-cambridge-audio-ultra-micro-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

I use this at home myself.
    If you let me know how many meters you require I can work you a price :)

The 65BX and CX are both fantastic televisions and you can notice a bit of a difference between the two when it comes to their image.
    You are correct that the BX using the A7 processor adnd the CX range the A9 processor.
    Both can process 4K/120Hz
    They have also both just been reduced yesterday as part of our Black Friday deals.
    The 65BX priced at £1599
    The 65CX priced at £1799

The receiver is the tricky part at the moment as there has been an issue with the Chip sets used by pretty much all the manufacturers that is causing issues with 4K/120Hz for gaming and it currently does not work.
    The Manufacturers have release a statement on this and are trying to see if it can be fixed but there has been no further update on this.

I can't answering it will work in the future on the 2020 range of AV Receivers.

You can of course connect to the TV for the 4K/120Hz and then eARC from the TV to the amp for audio.
    In terms of eARC doing DTS-x there seems to be a lot of discussions on this online, that it doesn't.
    I'll see if I can get an answer from LG on this one.

I hope this helps a little.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Hi,

Michael 
    Hi Moreilly.

For speaker cable I would recommend the Ultra Micro. Its a sliver based cable and is easy to run due to its size.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-910743-cambridge-audio-ultra-micro-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

The 65BX and CX are both fantastic televisions and you can notice a bit of a difference between the two when it comes to their image.
    You are correct that the BX using the A7 processor adnd the CX range the A9 processor.
    They have also both just been reduced yesterday as part of our Black Friday deals.
    The 65BX priced at £1599
    The 65CX priced at £1799

The receiver is the tricky part at the moment as there has been an issue with the Chip sets used by pretty much all the manufacturers that is causing issues with 4K/120Hz for gaming and it currently does not work.
    The Manufacturers have release a statement on this and are trying to see if it can be fixed but there has been no further update on this.

You can of course connect to the TV for the 4K/120Hz and then eARC from the TV to the amp for audio.
    In terms of eARC doing DTS-x there seems to be a lot of discussions on this online, that it doesn't.

Kenny.
    Hi,
     Thanks for your reply -what sort of deal could you give me for the 65" bx oled plus the denon 2700 av amp?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

Michael 
    Hi Moreilly.

The 65BX priced at £1599
    The 65CX priced at £1799

Kenny.
    Hi,
     Thanks for your reply -what sort of deal could you give me for the 65" bx oled plus the denon 2700 av amp?
    Hi Moereilly.

Thanks for coming back to me.

Best I could offer both the 65BX and the 2700 for would be £2174 delivered and both the amp and TV come with our VIP 6 yer guarantee.

Both in stock but the 2700 stock is running out fast (There are more on their way).

Again our 14 day price promise is in place so if the price should drop with 14 days of purchase you can let us know and will refund back any valid price drop.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Hi,
     I think i will go for both the 65" BX and the Denon 2700, just looking at the price though - the website price in euros i think works out cheaper €1789 for tv and €629 for the amp, can anything be shaved off this price?. whats the best way of getting this order through?
        Many thanks
          Michael

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,
     I think i will go for both the 65" BX and the Denon 2700, just looking at the price though - the website price in euros i think works out cheaper €1789 for tv and €629 for the amp, can anything be shaved off this price?. whats the best way of getting this order through?
        Many thanks
          Michael
    Hey Moreilly.

We can go with the Euro pricing no problem if it works out cheaper.
    I could drop the Euro any further as it is already cheaper than the sterling pricing I had originally work off of.

Delivery and the 6 year guarantees are also included in the Euro pricing.

If you are happy yo proceed then you can drop me your contact number in a PM and we can give you a buzz to finalise the order.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.