Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovery 3x05 'Die Trying' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Rawr

breezy1985 wrote: »
    A was most likely not going to be called Enterprise except for the other one blowing up. The real A would have been the new line of Excelsior class ships

It's a bit ambiguous in cannon, but I had the AMT Enterprise-A model back in the day and it included a short backstory detailing the ship was already commissioned as the USS Yorktown by the time Enterprise had been destroyed.

That kind of made sense in my head since by the time we get to ST-IV the whole class was starting to get dated, and being replaced by Reliant variants and the upcoming Excelsior Class. It would seem odd to build a Constitution Refit from scratch for Enterprise A, when newer classes were around the corner. My guess is that Yorktown was a classic Constitution class due for decommisioning, but got a new lease of life as a refit vessel, and then got re-registered as Enterprise when the original was destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Rawr wrote: »
    It's a bit ambiguous in cannon, but I had the AMT Enterprise-A model back in the day and it included a short backstory detailing the ship was already commissioned as the USS Yorktown by the time Enterprise had been destroyed.

That kind of made sense in my head since by the time we get to ST-IV the whole class was starting to get dated, and being replaced by Reliant variants and the upcoming Excelsior Class. It would seem odd to build a Constitution Refit from scratch for Enterprise A, when newer classes were around the corner. My guess is that Yorktown was a classic Constitution class due for decommisioning, but got a new lease of life as a refit vessel, and then got re-registered as Enterprise when the original was destroyed.

That would make sense actually, as the enterprise B in the films was a different class, going back to Enterprise D which was Galaxy Glass and Enterprise E which was sovereign class.

That would make sense actually, as the enterprise B in the films was a different class, going back to Enterprise D which was Galaxy Glass and Enterprise E which was sovereign class.

C being Ambassador

• Registered Users Posts: 26,346 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

And we know that Galaxy class was a long term important project so it seems like starfleet were not gonna just bang "Enterprise" on to any old ship by that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

C being Ambassador

Always loved that look. Was like the Constitution class and Galaxy class had a baby.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Stark wrote: »
    Their holodeck technology isn't up to the TNG standard for that. Though TOS got around that issue by having period costume planets :D

Speaking of which, watching "Enterprise" at the moment and there's an episode focused around a planet full of Wild Westeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

The red angel was a let down so I won't be surprised if the music is a massive let down too. The theories going around online were fantastic - the reality was just infuriating.

Also - what is it with discovery and picard not letting us get a proper look at the ships? It wrecks my head !

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

FGR wrote: »
    Also - what is it with discovery and picard not letting us get a proper look at the ships? It wrecks my head !

Their target audience doesnt care about mundane sci-fi things like the ship, they want more whispering, raw emotion.

Advertisement