Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2020: ROUND 14 Turkish GP

Comments

Lewis should really pit now to cover LeClerc

No need yet. Also a little chance that whatever new tyres he puts on won't work as we've seen with a bunch of other cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

flazio wrote: »
    Bottas has never been a Championship contender from the moment Rosberg retired. Even those times he tells his critics where to go.

So true. I hope the critics/journalists remind him of this. I really do. He’s been absolutely brutal and only picking up the scraps that Hamilton on the rare occasion leaves behind.

That said he’s doing exactly what Mercedes want and need. A nodding dog to their golden boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Does not look like it is ready for sicks at all.

If max puts them on he is going to spin again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

TheDoctor wrote: »
    LeClerc has a shot at winning this.

Much younger tyres

I very much doubt that but I would love to be proven wrong.

I’m not a Hamilton fan by any stretch but he has driven exceptionally well toady. I would have loved to see someone else winning today but I think Hamilton has it and deserves it on this occasion.

Tzardine wrote: »
    Does not look like it is ready for sicks at all.

If max puts them on he is going to spin again.

They're doing 1.39 ATM, the fastest in FP1 on slicks was 1.35, I don't see the benefit being big enough to be the guinea pig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Another missed opportunity for Williams today. Russell was as high as 11th at one stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

2011 wrote: »
    I very much doubt that but I would love to be proven wrong.

I’m not a Hamilton fan by any stretch but he has driven exceptionally well toady. I would have loved to see someone else winning today but I think Hamilton has it and deserves it on this occasion.

There's a reason he is now a 7 time world champion, he gets so much hate but he has some incredible talent to back it up

So true. I hope the critics/journalists remind him of this. I really do. He’s been absolutely brutal and only picking up the scraps that Hamilton on the rare occasion leaves behind.

That said he’s doing exactly what Mercedes want and need. A nodding dog to their golden boy.

Have to feel a bit sorry for his side of the garage, going from a driver who won them their first race as Mercedes, was willing to fight back and run Hamilton out of road and finally won on the third attempt. Then that loser comes in with his head down.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    There's a reason he is now a 7 time world champion, he gets so much hate but he has some incredible talent to back it up

......and a stupidly fasted well tuned car.

But yeah all talent yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hamilton has a lap or 2 before his free pit over Leclerc is gone

Excellent performance from Sainz today

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Will Hamilton stay out I wonder.

The thing is if he was a 4 or 5 times champion he'd probably be more popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Hamilton win then
    Nice to see Perez on the podium again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hamilton can't be going to the end. He deserves a tyre failure if he is looking to go to the end. Tyres shouldn't lasting that long.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Verstappen spun again

......and a stupidly fasted well tuned car.

But yeah all talent yep.

Yet Bottas has the same car but he is 110 points behind him in the championship?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

astrofluff wrote: »
    Hamilton can't be going to the end. He deserves a tyre failure if he is looking to go to the end. Tyres shouldn't lasting that long.

He just asked is there a danger they will explode, so looks like he's staying out.

Yet Bottas has the same car but he is 110 points behind him in the championship?

Take it to the Lewis thread tbh. Bottas is a loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

astrofluff wrote: »

If it was proper inter conditions they would be shot.

They are like inter inters now, kind of a slick to them.

If it rains at all they are goosed.

• Advertisement

The thing is if he was a 4 or 5 times champion he'd probably be more popular.

It’s not his accolades that makes him hates. It’s his general demeanour. He’s incredibly unlikeable.

Back on topic heavy rain coming in for the last lap. Ffs F1 must have some sort of weather dial to push it until racing is finished.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Let’s be honest beating Bottas when driving the same car is not that impressive an achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Why are different drivers getting different performances out of the same tyres?

But if you were Mercedes-Benz, why would you go looking for a driver better than Hamilton? What would Mercedes-Benz gain from that?

The cars look great from the onboard shots with all the dirt on them, especially the McLaren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

Cause each car handles tyres different. Some more gentle some more rough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭McFly85

Incredible drive from Lewis, and fully deserved. But I am now actively looking forward to his retirement from f1. He’s too good of a driver in too good of a car to make anything interesting. Almost all of the races this year would have been more enjoyable and intriguing without him.

I know it’s bad to want a brilliant driver gone, but F1 won’t be balanced any time soon and as much as the midfield battles are interesting it’s not nearly as fun as watching the front of the race. It’s like if the Man City owners bought a LOI club and filled it with superstars. Yes, you could watch people phenomenal at the peak of their craft but it kills the actual sport of it all.

It’s not his accolades that makes him hates. It’s his general demeanour. He’s incredibly unlikeable.
    Aye but if he'd had to fit for more of his titles it would convert some people at least.
    Because the cars are finely tuned in quite unpredictable ways. Vettel was flying at times earlier, some cars were good with new inters while Stroll put them on and they straight-up didn't work. Some cars overheat the inters unless they're kept damp, others ran them cool and allowed them to run them down to semi-slick.

Anyone want to join me in a rain dance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

They are like inter inters now, kind of a slick to them.

They're like slicktermediates - the treadless inters they use in prototype racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Lewis to pit and seal the win.

Or not, decides against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

But if you were Mercedes-Benz, why would you go looking for a driver better than Hamilton? What would Mercedes-Benz gain from that?

There isn't a better driver even if they did go looking. He's a machine.

Tzardine wrote: »
    The cars look great from the onboard shots with all the dirt on them, especially the McLaren

I was just thinking about the the other day when I saw a couple of shots of garages, it slightly irks me how clean and sterile things can be in F1. Where's the oil and grease all over the place!? :P

Anyone want to join me in a rain dance?

259b5f67f6608b54a7bb1406003d46a9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Watch it rain 60 seconds after the last lap

Perez could win this yet.
    EDIT: Stream is behind, thought Hamilton was coming in.

Watch it rain 60 seconds after the last lap

So ****in true.

Hamilton overruled the team and stayed out.

I’d seriously love it I’d down poured and he lost it.

Never gonna happen though unfortunately.

I don't think I've ever noticed the cars getting that dirty even their helmets

Publicly or cost possibly. I imagine they will keep him though.
    I think that they will keep Bottas either way as he will not challenge the no. 1 driver and is cheap.

• Advertisement

I'd like Ferrari to swap the cars. The podium for Vettel would be nice.

Crofty licking Hamilton’s arse not for the first time this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I don't like Hamilton. Especially when he was making threats to the drivers who didn't Kneel. And the bull**** about being poor and being from a council estate when he dad was in the top 1% of earners in the country. But he has earned the win today, he deserved it.

I don't think I've ever noticed the cars getting that dirty even their helmets

507153-damon-hill.jpg

(Waiting for someone to post the pic of Stirling Moss :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

7 time world champion. Fair fups Lewis.

No need Leclerc did it himself

• Advertisement

What are chances on that haappenin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Seb!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Oh seb nabs a podium whoooo

He is an insufferable douchebag.

But fair play, and respect where due. 7th drivers championship.

Delighted to see Vettel on the podium particularly ahead of leClerc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement