Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A missing Colnago!

Options
  • 12-11-2020 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi there, a cycling buddy was involved in an accident at 2pm on the 8th of November at Clonskeagh / Goatstown and a passer-by took charge of his bike (a black Colnago) as he was taken to hospital with a broken collarbone. Unfortunately he's lost his phone with the person's contact details. Please contact halsallf [at] staff.ncad.ie. or DM me. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭gn3dr

flat6 wrote: »
    Hi there, a cycling buddy was involved in an accident at 2pm on the 8th of November at Clonskeagh / Goatstown and a passer-by took charge of his bike (a black Colnago) as he was taken to hospital with a broken collarbone. Unfortunately he's lost his phone with the person's contact details. Please contact halsallf [at] staff.ncad.ie. or DM me. Thanks!

If he put the contact details in Contacts on his phone can he not just check on his Google account on the web (assuming Android)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭flat6

don't know the details, phone may not be android or failed to sync

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

I would suggest contacting the Dutch Bike Shop in Goatstown. They are super nice. They may put a poster in their window and folks might pick up on it locally or spread the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

MrsBean wrote: »
    I would suggest contacting the Dutch Bike Shop in Goatstown. They are super nice. They may put a poster in their window and folks might pick up on it locally or spread the word.
    ...or the local Garda station. Whoever has the bike may have contacted them when it wasn't retrieved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

found.jpg

Great news!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

great news, especially since the bike drawing was incorrect (what colnago owner would place the colnago name on the top tube and not the down tube! tsk)

Ah it was an artistic impression! By a very successful and well known Irish artist ;)

eeeee wrote: »
    Ah it was an artistic impression! By a very successful and well known Irish artist ;)

It was you wasn't it!!!! :D

It was you wasn't it!!!! :D

Ha ha ha not me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭flat6

thanks everyone!

Warren

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Any pictures of the actual bike? I'm curious to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

As an aside.. it's really tricky drawing an accurate bike from memory. I've tried. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

daragh_ wrote: »
    As an aside.. it's really tricky drawing an accurate bike from memory. I've tried. :rolleyes:

Indeed.

https://twistedsifter.com/2016/04/artist-asks-people-to-draw-bicycle-from-memory-and-renders-results/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's brilliant.

Advertisement