Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer bottle labels

Options
  • 12-11-2020 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

I want to print some labels for my next batch of 500ml bottles but don't know where to start. I have a decent printer so looking for a resource for templates and also small packs of label printer paper. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Did a quick Google and the templates at Canva look great.

If labels are awkward to source, you can use the traditional homebrew method of printing to paper and affixing them with milk. Wallpaper paste works too if you're fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I’ve used pritt stick to before, don’t like the idea of milk

I’ve used canva before and found it pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Canva looks great, just what I need. So I print on standard paper and just use pritt stick?

Canva looks great, just what I need. So I print on standard paper and just use pritt stick?

That’s what I did

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    I’ve used pritt stick to before
    Sounds like it would be easy to get off. The worst thing about the self-adhesive labels I use is it's completely random whether they'll just float off nicely in warm water or require dynamite and a blowtorch to remove.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

+1 for milk, works great for sticking labels on.

I’d keep away from them altogether and just use different coloured or numbered caps for each brew.

I’d keep away from them altogether and just use different coloured or numbered caps for each brew.

They’re nice for a special occasion, I did them for my wedding and they were well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I've flip top bottles. I put a brew together today plan on giving some out as Xmas pressies

Advertisement