Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SRAM crankset compatability problem BB86

Options
  • 12-11-2020 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

I bought a couple of these Genesis Vapour CX frames that Iwillhtfu tipped on the Bargains Alert thread for myself and the missus.

I'm building one up with SRAM X1 and got a new Rival BB30 crankset and a Rotor bb4130 bottom bracket (i.e. BB86 frame fit for BB30 cranks). When I fitted it last night the spindle was too short and it simply won't fit. The SRAM tech docs are very hard to follow but it does appear that Apex and Rival x1 cranks won't work but Force will! But to throw a spanner in the works it appears that Genesis sold this very same bike as the CX30 with Rival cranks!

Maybe the GXP version of the cranks has a longer spindle than the BB30?

If anyone has any ideas on what's going I'd welcome their feedback as I'm completely flummoxed! Thanks, Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Maybe the GXP version of the cranks has a longer spindle than the BB30?

It is longer.

Advertisement