Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show 13/11/20

• 12-11-2020 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭

Ryan Tubridy has announced that Irish screen legend Gabriel Byrne will discuss the reasons behind writing his revealing autobiography at the age of 70.

Andrea Bocelli will be among his guests on the Late Late Show Fans of Italian singer Bocelli are promised "a very special performance of a beloved song". There will also be music on the night from The Coronas, who will perform their latest single.

Talk show host Conan O'Brien will be joining the Late Late to discuss "his proud Irish heritage, his hugely successful podcast, and whether Donald Trump is a guest he may want to interview in the future".

Immunologist Professor Luke O'Neill will be in studio to discuss the latest Covid vaccine developments.

Ryan Tubridy will meet Lily Collison to hear about her part in the success of Stripe founders John and Patrick Collison. She will also share how the siblings' younger brother Tommy overcame adversity.

To mark the centenary of Bloody Sunday next weekend, the Late Late studio will be hosting part of Croke Park's museum exhibition. The Bloodied Field author Michael Foley will take viewers through the events of that day and their impact.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gabriel Byrne is 70 :eek:

Luke again FFS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Luke O Neill is really milking the Covid Fame, his on the telly every evening this week. Nice fellow but its the same thing every time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Glebee wrote: »
    Luke O Neill is really milking the Covid Fame, his on the telly every evening this week. Nice fellow but its the same thing every time....

Pat Kenny has him on nearly everyday. At least out of the whole covid doom dream team of mcconkey, holohan and george lee hes the most upbeat cheery one of the lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I think this might be Conan O'Brien's first time working with Irish Television since he did this bit for TV3's new season launch in 2013

It was nice of Conan to spend time promoting the show which was shown on 3e or the other one late at night. He made a big effort, he made some gags with the TV3 guy. He probably had better things to be doing.

TV3 stopped showing Conan a few months later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

" Andrea, what's it like being blind ? "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

neris wrote: »
    Pat Kenny has him on nearly everyday. At least out of the whole covid doom dream team of mcconkey, holohan and george lee hes the most upbeat cheery one of the lot

You'd be upbeat and cheery if you had his money!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Surely be to god Gabriel has a deceased relative or two, ole Tubs will get the horn for that anyway-thus fulfilling the misery quota for his key interview

Bocelli is blind of course-expect THAT to dominate the interview, a la Gordon Brown's glass eye. (Anyone remember THAT one?)

Conan's parents are apparently both alive and well, which is a happy consequence for any right thinking person, but not for Tubridy and RTE. Still, no doubt one of them broke a leg or lost a goldfish or something.

Tommy Collison suffers from cerebral palsy.

Also. COVID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Any chance Andrea might sing " time to say goodbye" for Ryan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

tumblr_m3z5bmrMkq1r8k7yto1_250.gif

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Propostal for cost cutting measure to add to the list of cost cutting measures not taken by rte -

Send the following template to interviewees and have them email back their responses or record them on a WhatsApp voice note and just play them over a picture of them on screen.
    Immediately this plan will massively reduce production costs on the late late and produce essentially the same results as what currently happens every week.

1. So this isnt your first time in Ireland? You have Irish connections? Tell us about what makes Ireland so great.
    2. That was some year you guys had over there with the election, what do you think of Trump/Biden?
    3. That was some year you guys had over there with the Covid, how are you / your industry coping?
    4. I understand you have had a difficult time lately with your (family member) being sick with (illness), that must be so hard for you?
    5. So your book/tv show/movie is out next week, tell us about it?

*if required play recordings of insincere lauging and banging the desk.

Have I ommitted anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Propostal for cost cutting measure to add to the list of cost cutting measures not taken by rte -

Send the following template to interviewees and have them email back their responses or record them on a WhatsApp voice note and just play them over a picture of them on screen.
    Immediately this plan will massively reduce production costs on the late late and produce essentially the same results as what currently happens every week.

1. So this isnt your first time in Ireland? You have Irish connections? Tell us about what makes Ireland so great.
    2. That was some year you guys had over there with the election, what do you think of Trump/Biden?
    3. That was some year you guys had over there with the Covid, how are you / your industry coping?
    4. I understand you have had a difficult time lately with your (family member) being sick with (illness), that must be so hard for you?
    5. So your book/tv show/movie is out next week, tell us about it?

*if required play recordings of insincere lauging and banging the desk.

Have I ommitted anything?

Ya...you just left out..."What do you think of Irish people"?...we are great craic and really friendly.....arent we.....AREN'T WE?!!!!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Big Conan O'Brien fan, so I am. Love his podcast.

I'm predicting at least one jokey smartass comment to a nonsense question, and a considerable amount of not entirely genuine laughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Big Conan O'Brien fan, so I am. Love his podcast.

I'm predicting at least one jokey smartass comment to a nonsense question, and a considerable amount of not entirely genuine laughter.

If I reflect on it, conans schedule is the reverse of Tubridys, he does TV shows 4 nights a week, and a podcast roughly once per week. All of which vastly superior to Tubridys best work though is the key difference. As opposed to 5 or less radio shows and 1 tv show per week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Glebee wrote: »

And not just him.

The same non stop Covid stories everywhere..

It’s pathetic..

Did I just hear that Samantha Power is on again?

FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seems like a decent line up tonight. It must be because there is no Graham Morton Show tonight for some reason

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

walshb wrote: »
    Did I just hear that Samantha Power is on again?

FFS!

Glad, want to hear what she has to say this week.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great game of Rugby just finished.

Great game of Rugby just finished.

I’ll take your word for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

They are putting adverts on the television already for Christmas. It's the middle of poxy November. Lidl is basically just a food store with chainsaws in the middle aisle. Everything anybody buys there now stocking up for Christmas will have gone off by Christmas anyway and be f***ed in the bin. Who buys mince pies in November?

tintin67 wrote: »
    They are putting adverts on the television already for Christmas. It's the middle of poxy November. Lidl is basically just a food store with chainsaws in the middle aisle. Everything anybody buys there now stocking up for Christmas will have gone off by Christmas anyway and be f***ed in the bin. Who buys mince pies in November?

I haven't bought any since October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

tintin67 wrote: »

Why can't you eat mince pies all year round?

Noswaith Dda :(

Here we go folks, weekly dose of busting a gut laughing at that awkward yoke Turgidy. Balm for the soul, so it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've a simple question, what exactly is the point of a Toy show this year?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »

Hoping that Ryan impales himself on a toy giraffe this year.

Here we go!

Ten mins pontificating to the masses!

• Advertisement

No point.

It will likely be even worse than the non Covid shows!

Ah, my weekly dose of pontificiation.

Hoping that Ryan impales himself on a toy giraffe this year.

LOL :)

Oh god, Ryan interviewing Conan.

Expect radioactive levels of 'we'll claim you as one of our own'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Oh lord jeasus the 6”6 monster of spoofology is back in the dark

I'm settled in for a night of snide remarks, negativity, sarcasm, and bitching.

In my element.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Wash your hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Luke again
    Be at the opening of an envelope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I can't wait for the weekly lesson in being thought how to was our hands

Should this Luke lad not be out spending all his new money on hookers and coke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Luke O Neill has now been on the Late Late show more times than Gay Byrne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I'm settled in for a night of snide remarks, negativity, sarcasm, and bitching.

In my element.

:D

I look forward to Friday night all week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

"never used before" ehh no thanks, I'll pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) A great nights entertainment ahead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

I seriously hope they’ve had the cop on not to include the most wished for, unavailable toys this year, and show some affordable toys considering that some poor feckers have had huge cuts to their income this year.

What are those small white marks on Lukes face?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

That advert about the dogs trust is absolutely brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

How can this complete spoofer/fraudster appear daily on Irish media and go completely unchallenged....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He called Conan O Brien a UK chat show host.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Luke again
    Be at the opening of an envelope

He’s nearly as bad as the virus :D Everywhere!!!

walshb wrote: »
    Should this Luke lad not be out spending all his new money on hookers and coke?

Luke is actually a breath of fresh air in a mundane world of hysterical covid experts

• Advertisement
Advertisement