Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show 13/11/20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Great, Bloody Sunday. This is easier to understand, fvcking brits etc. This has to be one of the most depressing late late show's. It's not like the current time is all rosey. We have to go back 100 years to feel depressed.

This is a really interesting piece. Michael Hogan was from the neighbouring village and many of my own club members were involved in Bloody Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Next up a half eaten sandwich...........ffs

Great, Bloody Sunday. This is easier to understand, fvcking brits etc. This has to be one of the most depressing late late show's. It's not like the current time is all rosey. We have to go back 100 years to feel depressed.

I'm done. Will we go to the Covid Forum for some laughs?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hey AD, I have the Best of Jason Byrne DVD Boxset here I can send you if for free if you want. Still in the wrapping, for f**king certain.

:D, lol. I wouldn't even use it as a tea coaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The lace just isn't doing it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Ah the burial register.

Full of death Ryan.

Get the lube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’d like to read that cemetery book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Who's on Deirdre O'Kane's show tomorrow night? Ray D'Arcy? Dee Forbes?

It's only right that this milestone is marked. A huge day in the history of this nation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jeez, you're way off. This is one of the more lighthearted episodes compared to most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Boring schitt

Maybe you should head home to Blighty;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ah yes your grandad would be proud of you Ryan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

TURBUDDYS PATENT LEATHER SHOES........CLOWN

"My grandfather was there. I remember it well, took the DeLorean for a spin last week"

Christ Tubs showing the Queen around Dublin. Of course, when he isn't shoehorning the fcuking toy show into everything, he is namedropping :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Pj Gallagher

It's only right that this milestone is marked. A huge day in the history of this nation.

Absolutely.

We don’t celebrate our past enough.

I worked a lot in west Cork lately, so many places that helped write our democracy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Tubridy's family have incredible Republican credentials in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

This has been a brilliant Late Late

M

PJ Gallagher.

I'd imagine Jason Byrne has to be one of the 6 guests she is interviewing for the series, 4 more to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I'm surprised he didn't invoke the spirit of his ancestor and call the queen a murderer. Probably would have ruined the pint at the end of the tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Keep going, you'll get there very soon.

Oh, go on, then...it's PJ Gallagher!

From the ad it looks like he might mention what a mad bastard he (and inevitably his mate Jason) were as a children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Sorolla

In 1966, Todd Andrews was appointed Chairman of the RTÉ Authority

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

I wonder if Conan O Brien started to choke on the show would Ryan feel and equilibrium of sheer laughter of how funny Conan mixed with the sad expectation of certain death of genetic diaspora.

Tubridy's family have incredible Republican credentials in fairness.

Ah, the arch defender of Tubridy's enormous salary rears his Shinner obsessed head.

M

It's mad in the UK how little they know of Irish history, when you tell any of them that stuff like this happened they can't believe it. Their history is ethnically cleansed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

A minute long ad featuring sentient carrots???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Did he say two of her children are billionaires? (maybe I misheard it). There's no way someone with two billionaire children is just casually coming on the LLS, that's ridiculous.

Two of the wealthiest people in ireland approx 3.2 billion each

It's mad in the UK how little they know of Irish history, when you tell any of them that stuff like this happened they can't believe it. Their history is ethnically cleansed.

Do we know much about theirs apart from Wurtled Wars?

M

Do we know much about theirs apart from Wurtled Wars?

The setting up of Israel, dodgy colonialism in Africa and Asia, they were up to their balls in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Ah, the arch defender of Tubridy's enormous salary rears his Shinner obsessed head.

What are you on about? In general these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is it more so that people know the history of things that happened in their own country. I just assumed England were more interested in the history of Kings,queen's etc

• Advertisement

Absolutely.

We don’t celebrate our past enough.

I worked a lot in west Cork lately, so many places that helped write our democracy

If the walls of every town and village in this country could talk, they'd tell many stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It's a part of our history wheather you like it or and if not then go live in another Country.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I'm not saying I don't want to hear this, but I can't rightly say that I do.

M

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Is it more so that people know the history of things that happened in their own country. I just assumed England were more interested in the history of Kings,queen's etc

But in the case of Ireland, I can't think of a single country on the face of the earth we oppressed. If any of them just used Google they would see they completely fooked up half the earth with their goings on and exploitation, slave trading, etc.

A disabled child

RTE know how to cheer up a nation after a hard weeks work

• Advertisement

An English actress from Rebellion a few years ago was absolutely gobsmacked when she started researching her part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tubridy is beyond bad as an interviewer!

M

I'd gladly pay a months wage now for a week in some dive in Benidorm.

"How did it make you feel, were you upset?"

Witness Tubs the armchair psychologist, cue more chin scratching and brow furrowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Is this lady talking about one of the multi-billionaires?

This Collison one is absolutely insufferable.

M

Joe Duffy always uses the term "has a difference".

"How did it make you feel, were you upset?"

Witness Tubs the armchair psychologist, cue more chin scratching and brow furrowing.

His questions are like what a 6 year old would ask.

An English actress from Rebellion a few years ago was absolutely gobsmacked when she started researching her part.

It's true, but it's also true that apart from their meddling over here, we learn nothing about their history (or, indeed geography) in school here.

Apart from their big straighteners wiv' the Germans.

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Is this lady talking about one of the multi-billionaires?

No. Her youngest child, Tommy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement