Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving for a mortgage

Options
  • 12-11-2020 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, Myself and my boyfriend are saving for a mortgage. We are putting in 1000 a month between. My question is as follows - some months we might have extra that we want to save. Can we put in the extra or would it look better if our savings account was very consistent, i.e. when you look at the statement, it says clearly 1000 a month. Should we just keep that extra money in our own account? I would love to just transfer over any extra when we have it but don't want to in case it looks like we are not consistent. Many thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

The bank will look favorably on any additional money you can saved. Once they can see the consistent €1000 per month that is the main thing. If you wanted to keep it consistent at €100, maybe set up another account for the additonal amount and use that to furnish the house when you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Put as much as possible away as you will need to prove repayment capacity on stressed repayment which is 2% over the standard variable rate and the stronger the repayment capacity the better your application will look. Also if you are paying rent ensure its paid by bank transfer and not cash.

Hi, Myself and my boyfriend are saving for a mortgage. We are putting in 1000 a month between. My question is as follows - some months we might have extra that we want to save. Can we put in the extra or would it look better if our savings account was very consistent, i.e. when you look at the statement, it says clearly 1000 a month. Should we just keep that extra money in our own account? I would love to just transfer over any extra when we have it but don't want to in case it looks like we are not consistent. Many thanks.

Advertisement