Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disputing Biased Moderating, and an Infraction from a Mod who is personally involved.

Options
  • 12-11-2020 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

First things first.

A moderator decided to steer the thread back on course. Fair enough. Problem is that he/she did so in a less than evenhanded way.

I have sent a critical pm to magicb, and await a reply.

In the meantime, a second mod has interfered in this process, and dished out an infraction to me.

This second mod is personally involved in the dispute, having contributed with irrelevant tittle tattle about the personal life of Sean Kelly in a thread.

The post he/she has infracted me for is a post by a third mod, in the same off-topic tittle-tattle vein.

Given that the first mod invited PM's in the first instance, what's the problem with allowing that process to take place ?

Why should that mod not dish out the infraction ?

Why did he/she not do so ?

Why should it be done by a moderator who is involved in the dispute ?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are you disputing the card?

If so that should be dealt with before any wider complaints about moderation, and you need to start a thread in the Dispute Resolution Forum confirming you have attempted, but failed, to resolve this directly with the mod via PM

That thread will deal with the card only so please do not bring up any wider complaints about moderation. They can be discussed here once your dispute is resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Beasty wrote: »
    Are you disputing the card?

If so that should be dealt with before any wider complaints about moderation, and you need to start a thread in the Dispute Resolution Forum confirming you have attempted, but failed, to resolve this directly with the mod via PM

That thread will deal with the card only so please do not bring up any wider complaints about moderation. They can be discussed here once your dispute is resolved

Thank you.

I will contact the individual directly.

Want to re-open this, please.

And - am I allowed to quote PM's between myself and moderators ?

Thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are you confirming you do not wish to dispute the card?

You cannot post PMs here without the sender's consent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Want to re-open this, please.

And - am I allowed to quote PM's between myself and moderators ?

Thanks

No, not unless they explicitly agree to it beforehand.

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Are you confirming you do not wish to dispute the card?

You cannot post PMs here without the sender's consent

I am disputing the card.

I have discussed it with the moderator in question, who evaded any meaningful discussion, and told me to take it here.

I asked him three and a half hours ago if he had any objections to me publishing the PM's, he still hasn't responded even though he is online.

3 and a half hours is insufficient time - you made that post after 2am!. Give it at least a day

If you are dispuingt the card I will close this thread. You need to start a new thread here

You can post PMs relevant to the card (and no other PMs) in the Dispute thread

Please only raise issues relating to the card. Your wider issues can be addressed back here once the dispute is resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement