Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bidding on multiple properties

Options
  • 12-11-2020 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Just looking for feedback. The same estate agent is showing two properties I'm very interested in. I havent bid on either yet but was wondering how an EA would view this? If I bid on the first, it brings me to the top of my budget (based on the latest bid) and the EA would know what my budget is if I go to bid on the second. Also I was thinking the EA might look at me as a tyre kicker if I'm bidding on both - since I obviously cannot buy both. Should I put bids on both or really make my mind up as to which house I want to focus on before I do anything? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Just looking for feedback. The same estate agent is showing two properties I'm very interested in. I havent bid on either yet but was wondering how an EA would view this? If I bid on the first, it brings me to the top of my budget (based on the latest bid) and the EA would know what my budget is if I go to bid on the second. Also I was thinking the EA might look at me as a tyre kicker if I'm bidding on both - since I obviously cannot buy both. Should I put bids on both or really make my mind up as to which house I want to focus on before I do anything? Thanks

Have you a partner that can bid on one and you on the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mousblaster17

Faze11 wrote: »
    Have you a partner that can bid on one and you on the other

Nope. On my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Interesting Q. Will follow this for advice too.

I think I would ask yourself, in your own mind, do you intend to make really serious bids? And are you dispassionate and informed enough to set a price in your mind you are willing to play. If you are serious, and if you are informed, then I would not have an issue with being upfront with EA. Tell them straight, when you are at your ceiling for this particularly property. You can be polite but firm if the EA starts trying to drag you up on the cheaper property.

You could also bid on the lower priced property and press then for a fast response before showing interest in more expensive property.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Nope. On my own.

You will need a solicitor for any property purchase
    Show your solicitor your proof of funds or AIP and get them to bid on your behalf on one of the properties

Advertisement