Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing housemate when we have part 4

Options
  • 12-11-2020 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi there

I have a house share with two friends and one wants to move out. The other also may potentially move out but is undecided. I spoke to the landlord about replacing one or two house mates as I would like to stay in the house. He said as we have part 4 we have a rolling contract and any new people replacing the guests leaving wouldnt be added to the contract for six months until they have part 4.

I am curious how that leaves us. Are they our tenant or do they have a direct contract with the landlord/agency? If they stopped paying rent in month two, would that be my responsibility? Just trying to figure out the pros and cons. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭DonnieCorko

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Bump

There was a huge thread on this recently in Accommodation & Property. Probably worth reading it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I am curious how that leaves us. Are they our tenant or do they have a direct contract with the landlord/agency?

Could be either, you'll need to ask your landlord.

Advertisement