Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent Fancy Restaurants

Options
  • 13-11-2020 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hello, I was hoping someone here could help me please! I'm looking to buy a gift of a fabulous meal for two somewhere in the general Ratoath/Dunshaughlin/Ashbourne area preferably but anywhere in Meath works I think! Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Cinnamon Garden Ashbourne.
    Top top quality Indian cuisine

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

snailbox outside ashbourne. fabulous foood

www.snailbox.ie

Hello, I was hoping someone here could help me please! I'm looking to buy a gift of a fabulous meal for two somewhere in the general Ratoath/Dunshaughlin/Ashbourne area preferably but anywhere in Meath works I think! Anyone have any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

duffysfarm wrote: »
    snailbox outside ashbourne. fabulous foood

www.snailbox.ie

Been there a few times, great menu and food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Khan Spices in Trim is a really good Indian restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Snailbox is great.....chicken wings are amazing! Wouldn't regard it as fancy or fine dining though. In fairness it doesn't try to or claim to be one.

For a fancy meal, or a special occasion, it's got to be Cinnamon Garden though. Its a 5 star restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

agreed, even though i did mention the snailbox it wouldnt be considered as a fancy restaurant

Snailbox is great.....chicken wings are amazing! Wouldn't regard it as fancy or fine dining though. In fairness it doesn't try to or claim to be one.

For a fancy meal, or a special occasion, it's got to be Cinnamon Garden though. Its a 5 star restaurant.

duffysfarm wrote: »
    agreed, even though i did mention the snailbox it wouldnt be considered as a fancy restaurant

But I'd be quite happy if someone gave me a voucher for it all the same!

On a slightly separate note, if anyone is a fan of Indian food, you really need to check out Delhi Darbar in Clonee. Its a cracking Indian restaurant! Mightnt look it from the outside but food is top class. Definitely not fancy but really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Eatzen in Ashbourne if they are into Chinese food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Bellinter House is outside Navan before you jon the motor way.

• Advertisement

Bellinter House is outside Navan before you jon the motor way.

Good shout. Supposed to be nice for a night away too.

Good shout. Supposed to be nice for a night away too.

Stayed there last year, wasn't impressed and not worth the money.
    Bed wasn't made, towels were damp and that's even after being told that they were sorry but that they would have to delay checking us in for an hour. Breakfast was cold the next morning and not willing to do more as it was half an hour before the end.
    Talking to a mate afterwards in work and they had similar experiences the year before in terms of bad service and a don't really care attitude from the manager.

If heading as far as the Navan area, Khan Tandoori does lovely food.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Archiebello

Station House in Kilmessan if you are looking for somewhere really nice thats not too far away. Lovely food and restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Inside out in slane

Advertisement