Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nurse baby killer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

British media seem to be quiet enough on this so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

18 babies in total, surely the worst serial killer in British history?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

RasTa wrote: »

Well she hasn't been found guilty of anything.

But how do you define "worse"?

We have one in the news today that would have been up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Boggles wrote: »

Babies and been employed as a healthcare professional

Babies and been employed as a healthcare professional

Neither of those things are new unfortunately.

But again she isn't "worst" anything yet.

These allegations have dragged on for quite some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Beverley Allitt was another children's nurse who murdered children, attacked at least 13 kids in total. Healthcare isn't immune from employing very sick individuals, despite all the checks.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Remember Rebecca Leighton whose life was ruined by been falsely accused of murder?

The gummy mouthed chavs shouting outside the court, the scum sun/mail paparazzi trying to take photos prison truck. Until convicted she should’ve been afforded anonymity. The uk never learns or it’s intentional to help Rupert sell papers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Harold Shipman by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The gummy mouthed chavs

AKA parents of the dead babies

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Must have little to go on if they have spoken to her multiple times before. Pinning it on someone just to feel like you're solving it is not the answer.
    Must be very little evidence in the case considering the story so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

spook_cook wrote: »
    A different ward and a few weeks in difference, and she'd be doing mighty work altogether.
    Huh? What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Of course, innocent until proven guilty, but the delay in this suggests they were being super careful and lining up their ducks properly before acting.

It is all over the local press
    https://www.chesterstandard.co.uk/news/18866296.nurse-lucy-letby-court-charged-murder-eight-babies-countess-chester-hospital---happened/
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/live-babies-murder-accused-letby-19275550

And it is good that she is locked up. This is my home area hospital and I, along with my close family were born there. If she is found guilty, she will not be safe anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Dont most countries name a person charged with murder?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Of course, innocent until proven guilty, but the delay in this suggests they were being super careful and lining up their ducks properly before acting.
    This is probably it.

Like Shipman, these kinds of killings are quite easy to detect ("Hey, loads of kids are dying over here") but really hard to prove.

When someone knows what they're doing, then the difference between murder and natural death is very difficult to prove.

The only reason Shipman was caught, was because he murdered a woman who had left 400k to him in her will. If he'd just gone on killing without material gain, his death toll could have twice what it was.

The one time a flag was raised, police investigated and found no wrongdoing. He was believed to have killed about 210 people at that point.

If this woman is found guilty - or if the court process doesn't completley exonerate her - she'll be one of the most notorious killers in modern UK history. Worse than the Wests or Hindley.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Plenty of ways to murder people in healthcare, Potassium, Insulin, Air, Sedation, Anti coagulants etc etc., some easier to detect than others and with intravenous access already there, it can be done in seconds.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

seamus wrote: »
    This is probably it.

Like Shipman, these kinds of killings are quite easy to detect ("Hey, loads of kids are dying over here") but really hard to prove.

When someone knows what they're doing, then the difference between murder and natural death is very difficult to prove.

The only reason Shipman was caught, was because he murdered a woman who had left 400k to him in her will. If he'd just gone on killing without material gain, his death toll could have twice what it was.

The one time a flag was raised, police investigated and found no wrongdoing. He was believed to have killed about 210 people at that point.

If this woman is found guilty - or if the court process doesn't completley exonerate her - she'll be one of the most notorious killers in modern UK history. Worse than the Wests or Hindley.

This has hit a raw nerve. I know this hospital well. I was born there, my nieces were born there. If she is not COMPLETELY cleared, then she will be a marked person for life. I sincerely hope this is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Not the first killer nurse in ythe U.K. Remember Beverley Allitt and the children she both killed and attempted to kill...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

gmisk wrote: »
    Huh? What do you mean?

It is a poorly judged jab at abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It is a poorly judged jab at abortion.
    Wow....classy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭political analyst

seamus wrote: »
    This is probably it.

Actually, the Moors Murderers and the Wests are worse because of the agony they inflicted on their victims before killing them.

• Advertisement

May the poor mites Rest In Peace. Thoughts and prayers with the bereaved families.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Be right back

May the poor mites Rest In Peace. Thoughts and prayers with the bereaved families.

Two of the babies were of a set of triplets. Heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's a double heartbreak for the parents. First the suffering of having their eagerly awaited baby die, then later find out that the baby was deliberately killed.
    That's another level of cruelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,238 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I’d define worse here due to the victims being completely helpless and defenceless babies. The most helpless in our society..

walshb wrote: »
    I’d define worse here due to the victims being completely helpless and defenceless babies. The most helpless in our society..

I think Robert Black stands out as the most depraved cretinous piece of excrement that has ever been shát into existence in Britain.

I think Robert Black stands out as the most depraved cretinous piece of excrement that has ever been shát into existence in Britain.

Definitely up there alright! Vile man!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I think he's in joint position with the Wests, followed closely by Hindley and Brady.

For me the most depraved and rotten of all are Baby Ps killers!!

But this woman, if she did do this, and most likely she did, as they have been gathering evidence years now, is up there as just as scummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

If true, the duplicity is astonishing. Horrific.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Two of the babies were of a set of triplets. Heartbreaking.

:(

RIP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement