Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Traveller Bays Carrickphierrish Road

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I'm just talking about regular people in social housing. I don't mind them. I've lived in social housing and wouldn't be ashamed of it either.

Im sure there are a few nice families amongst them but i wouldnt personally risk my peace of mind, potential resale value and my property against the odds falling my way. Look at all the people who paid full whack for houses out in Mount Suir and now they are trapped. Nobody in their right mind is going to buy a house out there now and all the families who cause the hassle were just handed a house and they never worked a day in their lives. Crazy unjust system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

Put a bar of soap and a job application on your doorstep.

That'll scare off the cream crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

all the families who cause the hassle were just handed a house and they never worked a day in their lives. Crazy unjust system.
    There's a new apartment block directly beside Dundrum SC in Dublin and every apartment there is for social housing. These would cost about 2 grand per month to rent in the private market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

vriesmays wrote: »
    There's a new apartment block directly beside Dundrum SC in Dublin and every apartment there is for social housing. These would cost about 2 grand per month to rent in the private market.

And your point is....?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,392 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Would you take that risk on which way the dice landed , gambling your precious mental health, money, time and effort on the hope that you end up living next to your category of people? I know i certainly wouldnt.

You are right with this one though, I come from a well known social housing estate, and even I wouldn't recommend moving people into some of these areas, purely for their and their loved ones well being, it would simply wreck it, and probably your family to. Another social train wreck!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

I live in social housing and can't wait to get out, would have serious reservations about buying anywhere that has social housing next door or in the immediate vicinity. I'd say for every normal hardworking family in social housing there is another one that is anti-social/gaming the system. We have a very broken approach to housing allocation in this country.

I live in social housing and can't wait to get out, would have serious reservations about buying anywhere that has social housing next door or in the immediate vicinity. I'd say for every normal hardworking family in social housing there is another one that is anti-social/gaming the system. We have a very broken approach to housing allocation in this country.

you ll actually find housing is one of our main root causes of our social issues, ive had mental health professionals confirm to me, if you cant get that right, you may forget about trying to solve the complex social and mental health issues in society, its fairly obvious when you think about it, property and land is a mess, and getting worse

• Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Problem is also in private housing estates. Live in what would be regarded a decent place but it's gone to the dogs in the last few years with rentals supported by the council. Rent here but we keep to ourselves.

Last few years cars set on fire. Police are a regular sight. Kids just left run wild and everyones garden is theirs. I've also noticed with the kids they are getting cruel towards animals in the area. House near by no longer rented because of a tenant that destroyed the place and pretty much broke everything in it. People just don't seem to care about those around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Hate to break the news to you but it’s more ‘social and affordable’ type housing mixed with private housing developments that is proposed rather than less. Morning Ireland did a report yesterday about a proposal for an 850 unit development somewhere in Dublin with wait for it....50% ‘ social and affordable’....Councillors were voting on it last night.....alternative is to put all social and subsidized housing together in one development/area and you will end up with modern day ballymuns/ballybegs all over the country.....?

Asdfgh2020 wrote:
    Hate to break the news to you but it’s more ‘social and affordable’ type housing mixed with private housing developments that is proposed rather than less. Morning Ireland did a report yesterday about a proposal for an 850 unit development somewhere in Dublin with wait for it....50% ‘ social and affordable’....Councillors were voting on it last night.....alternative is to put all social and subsidized housing together in one development/area and you will end up with modern day ballymuns/ballybegs all over the country.....?

Looks like they voted against it, housing has become extremely complex, majority of people are becoming deeply unhappy in their homes, we can't keep doing this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

I happened to be driving on the Carrickpherish Road yesterday afternoon and witnessed one of the travellers lads topless and only in a pair of shorts yet working out bouncing on a high pair of kangoo jump blades in the pouring rain on the path. Had to be seen to be believed. Quite funny in a surreal Father Ted kinds way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I've driven past before and witnessed the Kangoo training, absolutely incredible sight to behold alright :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

I've driven past before and witnessed the Kangoo training, absolutely incredible sight to behold alright :D

Its pretty unique alright. Esp on a dank misty Monday afternoon in mid November. Mad Max meets Rocky meets Joe Wicks. Quite a combo :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

It's awful not being happy where you live. It affects every fabric of your life.

In my world you would not have to move - they would - the trash. We really need a behaviour based system. They have no right to impose their degeneracy upon others - anti-social behaviours, noise and downright criminal behaviour. What's wrong with a shipping container with a bucket in the corner for them?

Dum_Dum wrote:
    In my world you would not have to move - they would - the trash. We really need a behaviour based system. They have no right to impose their degeneracy upon others - anti-social behaviours, noise and downright criminal behaviour. What's wrong with a shipping container with a bucket in the corner for them?

I'm sure this would quickly whip them into shape!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I'm sure this would quickly whip them into shape!

Free iPhone in exchange for vasectomies.

Dum_Dum wrote: »

maybe a jeep to

Azatadine wrote: »
    Email to

part8housingsubs@waterfordcouncil.ie

Or written to

Director of Services, Housing Department, Waterford City & County Council, City Hall, The Mall, Waterford

I don't know how objections work, nor have I ever made one.

Do you have to give a reason for your objection? And will CoCo decide on a case by case basis whether or not that objection is considered?

I live almost 200 km away, will my objection be considered?
    How do you word an objection?

If someone could word a template we could all copy and paste it to the council.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    maybe a jeep to

Still economical. And, more importantly, peace and balance restored to the Universe.

I don't know how objections work, nor have I ever made one.

Do you have to give a reason for your objection? And will CoCo decide on a case by case basis whether or not that objection is considered?

I live almost 200 km away
    , will my objection be considered?
    How do you word an objection?

If someone could word a template we could all copy and paste it to the council.

You must really hate them!

• Advertisement

I've always said it, and I'll continue to say it.

Upon one's tenth conviction, you should choose between two options:

Imprisonment until you die
    Or
    A regular prison sentence or fine with irreversible sterilisation.

You must really hate them!

Not at all. What makes you think that?

It's quite evident that criminality and littering is rampant in the vicinity of halting sites. I'm just looking out for the average working person.

It's quite evident that criminality and littering is rampant in the vicinity of halting sites. I'm just looking out for the average working person.

I'd definitely vote for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Not at all. What makes you think that?

Are you advocating ethnic cleansing of travellers by suggesting they be sterilised?

Are you advocating ethnic cleansing of travellers by suggesting they be sterilised?

I said criminals.
    I never mentioned travellers

I've always said it, and I'll continue to say it.

Upon one's tenth conviction, you should choose between two options:

Imprisonment until you die
    Or
    A regular prison sentence or fine with irreversible sterilisation.

Why even give a choice. If a government has enough balls , you can make that decision for them. Also I'd go for 3 convictions (separate court appearances, not a single occasion with 3 seperate charges) and you're functionally taken out of normal society permanently, by whatever means is most appropriate.

There's always one....

Probably has the Pavee Point alert number on speed dial.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

And we're done.
    This thread went no where fast and is full of the usual offensive comments from certain posters.

Next time bans will be handed out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement