Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a combi receiver

• 13-11-2020 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a Tiviar and it works just fine thanks to the help of this forum and THIS thread
    I have a relative who is looking for something similar. I know the Tiviar is now getting old and many have had PCU issues including myself
    Could you guys help with a recommendation for a similar setup i.e
    Simple-ish setup
    Budget circa €100
    Would be a set up and forget not constant tinkering

I am reasonably tech savey but probably happier replacing the PCU on the Tiviar than a complete set up from scratch so something with readily available images would be great
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭a clanger

Thanks Gerry was leaning toward the above .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭dubrov

The H7S is a good option if you need 2 Sat tuners and 1 Terrestrial tuner.
    If you only need one of each, the H9 combo is a cheaper option.

I have a Gigablue UHD UE 4K but it is more expensive and probably overkill.

I am thinking of getting a second box for another room as am getting tired of the crappy slow interface on a Samsung TV, especially the many button presses to switch between Sat and Terrestrial.

I am looking at the above plus the Gigablue Trio 4k and also considering holding on until Feb next year for the ZGemma H10 Combo (it has a dual boot option to Android and Enigma2).

I previously setup a Gigablue Trio for my parents and it is running without issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭a clanger

Thanks , I went with the H7S so just waiting on its arrival from Parcel motel !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is the h7s still the combo value king? I seen a good few people having issues with the power supply. Is there anything in the pipeline that would be better to wait for?

If I remember correctly an android triple tuner was meant to have been released this year but it got delayed and then I never heard any more about it.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

If you just want to watch a combination of terrestrial and satellite on one receiver, then the Octagon Sf8008 is around 100stg. Single tuner for each. Have one a few years very fast and no power supply problems. Recording/Watch another will be limited with one tuner sat, one tuner terrestrial.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/satellite-and-terrestrial/digital-receivers/multi-tuners-and-combo-receivers/octagon-sf8008

Last time I checked all the android combos still hadnt sorted out 7 day epg

Advertisement