Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus vaccine thread ban

Options
  • 13-11-2020 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Dear boards,

I’ve just been thread banned by Necro for, in his words, pushing conspiracy theories, in the vaccine thread.

My post was this....... [Let me guess; you were not saying this pre-Covid.

You’re simply falling into the line of thinking that’s been dripped into society through media, that we’re all dirty and only a vaccine with proof you’ve had it, will make everyones’ lives better.

Come back to us when you can’t earn your current wage or look after your children because you suffer from some debilitating reaction to a vaccine you took so you could watch the next Blockbuster.]

and was in direct response to a poster who simply wrote the exact opposite of what I wrote here.

I’ve PM’d the mod concerned and they have directed me here.

I was shown the OP warning which appears to suggest only positive things about vaccines can be said. I’m sure that’s not the case or intention of the wording.

I request a review of this thread ban as nothing in my post was negative against vaccines or conspiracy theory. My post’s point was that having to have a vaccine to do everything in life is unreasonable. The other poster was calling for such.

Thank you.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please note threadbans are dealt with in Help Desk, not the Dispute Resolution Forum, so I have moved the thread here

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You posted
    "Come back to us when you can’t earn your current wage or look after your children because you suffer from some debilitating reaction to a vaccine you took so you could watch the next Blockbuster"

That is being uncivil, and also anti-vaccine and/or implying any vaccine will give a "debilitating reaction"

That's clear conspiracy theory stuff

The Warning in the OP states:
    The purpose of this thread is baked into the title - COVID-19: Vaccine/antidote and testing procedures - it's not a platform to push an anti vaccination agenda. If posters wish to discuss the perceived cons of vaccinations, or push various theories regarding 'the agenda' (whatever that is supposed to mean), open a thread elsewhere on it.

That warning has been in the OP since 10 September. Can you not see you were not paying heed to that warning?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

Beasty wrote: »
    You posted
    "Come back to us when you can’t earn your current wage or look after your children because you suffer from some debilitating reaction to a vaccine you took so you could watch the next Blockbuster"

That is being uncivil, and also anti-vaccine and/or implying any vaccine will give a "debilitating reaction"

That's clear conspiracy theory stuff

The Warning in the OP states:

That warning has been in the OP since 10 September. Can you not see you were not paying heed to that warning?

The original poster was openly calling for full vaccinations (not just Covid) to do anything in life. That’s as extreme as the view you think I have. But because that poster thinks right, it’s ok. Hardly impartial.

I was referring to the Pandemrix resolution which has taken 8 years, effectively. That’s a lot of stress and financial strain on families. You and nobody else here on this site espousing the full, unquestioned introduction of vaccines to do anything in life will not be around to help me if I receive a similar reaction, is my point. It’s a correct and reasonable point, relating to the post at hand, as it took Pandemrix sufferers 8 years of legal fights for what was admitted to 7 years ago.

Once again, Beasty, you bring your own opinions into posts between two people; I wasn’t being uncivil and I’m sure the other poster didn’t see it that way.

Nor is saying ‘taking any and all future vaccines to partake in life is ridiculous’ anti-vax. Your view again. You’re simply scouring for any nugget to suggest such. Further, referring to the Pandemrix issue in a vaccine thread does not imply I’m saying every other vaccine will do similar. You’re wrong again on that, in the desire to see me stop posting.

Lastly, I joined up here in early August or so. I’d been writing in the vaccine thread since before the warning was placed in the thread. I missed it then when it came out. It’s hardly a banning offence. Would boards ban someone who says, ‘I don’t care what’s in any vaccine they say I need, just give it to me, I trust anyone and everyone’ No. Boards would not.
    But you’re banning someone for saying the opposite. That’s no discussion, Beasty.

You have no idea what my opinions are

You ignored the warnings in the OP (the thread title makes it clear there is something you must read there and that was only mentioned when the warning was added on 10 September) and I'm seeing no reason to lift this threadban

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

Here is the mod note, Beasty; Mod: The purpose of this thread is baked into the title - COVID-19: Vaccine/antidote and testing procedures - it's not a platform to push an anti vaccination agenda. If posters wish to discuss the perceived cons of vaccinations, or push various theories regarding 'the agenda' (whatever that is supposed to mean), open a thread elsewhere on it.

The poster I responded to referred to happily taking any and all vaccines ever released in the future. Not just Covid-19, as per the mod note.

Me saying I’m against the OP’s preference that every vaccine to be released in the future for the purposes of people being let out into society is not anti-vax. Yourself and Necro are referring to my view here as being a conspiracy theory.

The mod above who wrote ‘the agenda’ (whatever that means) knows full well what that means. They’re simply dismissive of anything that is not 100% supportive regarding vaccines, Pharmaceuticals, particular leading figures, etc. That’s not a discussion but just a love-in.

It appears yourself and Necro are throwing darts in the dark trying to get me banned. We’ve spoken of this before.

My post has been claimed to be uncivil also, just for good measure.

Maybe you should make the vaccine thread a 100% dumping ground for news updates on vaccine phases and trial data then. Strictly that. It’ll die a death in no time. The greatest discussion in the thread is clearly around each poster’s view of the vaccine versus its benefit in rolling it out to all, etc.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement