Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to reactivate inactive account

• 13-11-2020 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi if I get paid a lodgement to an inactive account will that reactivate it?
    Or how can it be done

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Caledonia wrote: »
    Or how can it be done

Not normally, depends on the bank. Might be easier to open a new account.

• Site Banned Posts: 26 bubbagumss

i tried to reactivate one once they would not let me i had to open a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Or how can it be done

Will depend on the individual bank but the usual rule is that it must be a 'customer initiated transaction'. And a lodgement could have been initiated by a third party so may not reset the clock. You really need to withdraw money, either by cash from an ATM or by EFT out.

If the account is locked as a dormant account, the mechanism for unlocking it will vary from one bank to the next, you'll have to ask them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Or how can it be done

Most likely the money will be credited to the account, but the account will remain inactive. You'll need to contact the bank to have it reactivated and in doing so will most likely have to supply the same versification as if you were opening a new account.

Advertisement