Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Series S & X - All Supply/Order Chat Here **SEE UPDATED MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Managed to get through to Gamestop Henry St, their delivery has been split so further delays to people who were expecting them this week. They said anyone who won't be receiving them before Christmas has already been told. Also I'm no included in the batch they got in yesterday but 'should' be in the next one... I have a lot of sympathy for the guys in the shops, they're being given only slightly more information than we are by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

Just after picking one up in Argos Dundalk. Another 2 still in stock as I was leaving..

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Are any Waterford folks still stuck for a series X ?

Yep, still struggling to get one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I was also able to reserve one instore in the Omni today, for collection on 10th/11th, pay on collection. I know of a couple of other people who did the same in different Argos's. It seems like that if anyone wants one, they just have to go to their nearest Argos and reserve one instore, and it will be delivered there for collection this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Corriganidas

I picked one up in st stephens green argos today, around 16:00, thanks to @quad_red and this awesome thread. There were some soft warnings like "out of stock" but the machine in the shop accepted my details so I was all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭howiya

I picked one up in st stephens green argos today, around 16:00, thanks to @quad_red and this awesome thread. There were some soft warnings like "out of stock" but the machine in the shop accepted my details so I was all good.

Also picked one up in st stephens green this evening because of the mentions to check argos on this thread. Staff member checked the computer and I got the impression there was a couple left

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Reserved one in Liffey valley. Wouldn't accept my number first but kept trying and eventually got a res code.

Made my bro happy now, thanks to this thread ðŸ˜

**If I can't take it ill post it here or pm genuine buyer**

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Yomtvraps

Think ill sneak into stephens green in the morning to see if theres any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Yomtvraps wrote: »
    Think ill sneak into stephens green in the morning to see if theres any left.

I had to go back there at half four to return and get another toy (got the wrong f**king thing!).

Checked Series X again and out of stock on payment terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ke1

I've been going out of my mind checking online on every possible website when really they could have been under my nose the whole time, oh goodness me. Anyone having any luck with Smyths? I'm in Galway and I am willing to travel anywhere in the country to pick one up. I'll have to try Argos and work my way through each county. I have no plan b for my boyfriends Christmas present. First World problems and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Ke1

Reserved one in Liffey valley. Wouldn't accept my number first but kept trying and eventually got a res code.

Made my bro happy now, thanks to this thread ðŸ˜

**If I can't take it ill post it here or pm genuine buyer**

When you get a reservation code when exactly do you get the xbox? Did they mention that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Ke1 wrote: »
    When you get a reservation code when exactly do you get the xbox? Did they mention that?

It will say it can be collected and you usually have three days from that date to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brehede

Hi - thanks for the various messages regarding Argos. My teenage son has just decided he would like an Xbox for Christmas and obviously they are hard to find! I will try Omni today but if anyone has a reservation that they aren’t using I would be very grateful!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Was told Tesco are due deliveries of these tomorrow in their bigger stores

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

Wonder what's story with smyths. One s series in stock in limerick but won't let me add to basket. Been like that for last ten minutes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Wonder what's story with smyths. One s series in stock in limerick but won't let me add to basket. Been like that for last ten minutes

They go quick in Smyths when they pop up so someone might have got the jump on ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

They go quick in Smyths when they pop up so someone might have got the jump on ya.

I'd say its just that u can't reserve online anymore. I clicked on a good few other stores that said they had stock and won't add to basket in them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brehede

My husband went to Omni Argos this morning, they had none left but said 1 available in Liffey Valley. He has now bought one from Liffey Valley and was able to collect, didn’t have to reserve and come back.

Thank you again for the info here, once it said unavailable on line I would never have thought of checking in person!

Argos was very helpful over the phone, confirming availability!

Dee

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

brehede wrote: »
    My husband went to Omni Argos this morning, they had none left but said 1 available in Liffey Valley. He has now bought one from Liffey Valley and was able to collect, didn’t have to reserve and come back.

Thank you again for the info here, once it said unavailable on line I would never have thought of checking in person!

Argos was very helpful over the phone, confirming availability!

Dee

Wish I had seen this earlier. Wife went to Omni first thing this morning and machine wouldn't accept phone number at reservation. Staff member said some people had been able to reserve as stock expected in, but if it is not accepting reservation it means they have no stock left:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Plascebo wrote: »
    Wish I had seen this earlier. Wife went to Omni first thing this morning and machine wouldn't accept phone number at reservation. Staff member said some people had been able to reserve as stock expected in, but if it is not accepting reservation it means they have no stock left:mad:

Same, wouldnt accept phone number in Argos Blanch... and told stock expected in. not sure when.

• Advertisement

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Same, wouldnt accept phone number in Argos Blanch... and told stock expected in. not sure when.

I've posted a few times that an Argos employee showed me on a screen that they expect a shipment of Series X's on December 11th, Series S on December 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Basil3 wrote: »
    I've posted a few times that an Argos employee showed me on a screen that they expect a shipment of Series X's on December 11th, Series S on December 18th.

But is that stock already allocated due to people reserving in-store?

Plascebo wrote: »
    But is that stock already allocated due to people reserving in-store?

I wouldn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kjh2016

There was 15 Xbox Series X in stock in Argos St. Stephens Green (according to the screen where you input the product number) when I went in at 11am this morning. Got one of them. Retailers must be getting other stock in and keeping it separate from the stock you can order online for delivery/C&C.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

kjh2016 wrote: »
    There was 15 Xbox Series X in stock in Argos St. Stephens Green (according to the screen where you input the product number) when I went in at 11am this morning. Got one of them. Retailers must be getting other stock in and keeping it separate from the stock you can order online for delivery/C&C.

I just picked one up about an hour ago. Seven left in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Theopinionater

Went a bit out of my way and tried the Ashbourne Argos, order for collection available for tomorrow and Thursday, never would have known to try in person without the thread, legends. Hopefully this X doesn’t commit death straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Dad anyone get a call or email from gamestop today regarding preorders, we were due to be told on the 6th but when I asked in store they said it will definitely be Tuesday 8th when we hear. AND STILL NOTHING...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

ShaunC wrote: »
    Dad anyone get a call or email from gamestop today regarding preorders, we were due to be told on the 6th but when I asked in store they said it will definitely be Tuesday 8th when we hear. AND STILL NOTHING...

I'd say GameStop are waiting to see what they can get from Argos and Smyths at this stage. :)

ShaunC wrote: »
    I got mine today, it may have been a coincidence but my conversation with them went from "should be getting more in soon" to "yours will be here tomorrow" only after I had asked for a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Yomtvraps

Heads up. Just got one on expert electrical.

Plenty in Stock i think

https://www.expert.ie/xbox-series-x-1tb-console-rrt-00007.html

Advertisement