Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Series S & X - All Supply/Order Chat Here **SEE UPDATED MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Another call to Gamestop having been told I'd have it by the end of the week. Still no sign, and now back to "if the email says before christmas that's all there is to go on", no idea when that next shipment will be coming in. Absolutely useless, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

gibbon75 wrote: »
    I'm glad you got one, I had no luck so far in Cork.
    I was at Argos (Mahon) 9AM this morning. The girl told me they are expecting stock on Monday, but all reserved now...

So Argos there have an active reservation list? That people are signing up to?

It's amazing to me the variety between different branches of Argos and Tesco.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

gibbon75 wrote: »
    X3 Waterford Smyth

Gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

quad_red wrote: »
    So Argos there have an active reservation list? That people are signing up to?

It's amazing to me the variety between different branches of Argos and Tesco.

It seems you can only do it in stores (Argos)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

After a lot of frantic searching I was sucessfull this morning, or should I say my wife was. I just did the driving and collecting.
    Gamestop have left a bitter taste in my mouth after all this, deposit paid since start of October and no information or communication from them, similar to a lot of people on this thread. Smyths were helpful and hinted each time I rang as to the best time to search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

dan786 wrote: »
    1 Series X in Cork Kinsale

An X appeared in Cex Cork an hour or two after this sale :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Satts wrote: »
    An X appeared in Cex Cork an hour or two after this sale :mad:

Pests...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Plenty of series s on smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

if anyone is looking for x/s in Waterford Tesco on the Dunmore road has them I managed to pick one up there this morning. I dont know how many they have I asked at the customer service desk and someone came out said they had them had to pay at the phone place in there for some reason.

But happy out as my one X decided to go tits up

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,216 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

TomTom wrote: »
    After a lot of frantic searching I was sucessfull this morning, or should I say my wife was. I just did the driving and collecting.
    Gamestop have left a bitter taste in my mouth after all this, deposit paid since start of October and no information or communication from them, similar to a lot of people on this thread. Smyths were helpful and hinted each time I rang as to the best time to search.

Gamestop messed me and a friend around last year on black Friday with PS4's. I wouldn't go near them again.

The friend I found a series X for had reserved one in gamestop for release day and they screwed them over. Gamestop have a horrendous pre order system and I wouldn't trust them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

A friend who works in Tesco Wexford said they have them. Ask at the phone counter or electronics desk. She didn't say anything about quantities only someone said they have more out back when she saw someone paying for one, would be a couple of hours ago now. Hope it helps someone.

Just went into Argos Blanchardstown and if you punch the Series X code into the kiosk, it says it can be reserved for collection in 2-4 days, and to speak to a member of staff

Code is 844/8262

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just went into Argos Blanchardstown and if you punch the Series X code into the kiosk, it says it can be reserved for collection in 2-4 days, and to speak to a member of staff

Code is 844/8262

I did the same yesterday in

Ilac: 3-5 days
    Stephens green: 4-6 days
    Jervis: 5-7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Patrykci69

Basil3 wrote: »

Code is 844/8262

Do you think this will be available in other Argos stores such as navan?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Patrykci69

stevenmu wrote: »
    I did the same yesterday in

Ilac: 3-5 days
    Stephens green: 4-6 days
    Jervis: 5-7 days

Do you think this will be available in other Argos stores such as navan?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Edenane

I tried in Dundalk Thursday and managed to get one reserved to the store :D I tried a few argos stores and it seems like you can order stock to the store ONLY if they use the old style IBM kiosks, the one ones just give that "out of stock" page. I checked in Dundalk again when I picked it up but they had changed to the new Kiosks... Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LucyM92

thc4me wrote: »
    A friend who works in Tesco Wexford said they have them. Ask at the phone counter or electronics desk. She didn't say anything about quantities only someone said they have more out back when she saw someone paying for one, would be a couple of hours ago now. Hope it helps someone.

Thanks a mill thc4me, got one this morning in a Cork Tesco!!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Anybody know how long an email to confirm Smyths click & collect should be? Confirmed an order that took me back to the checkout sign in page, then repeated the process. As you do. Think it might be a browser issue and I should have another go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Anybody know how long an email to confirm Smyths click & collect should be? Confirmed an order that took me back to the checkout sign in page, then repeated the process. As you do. Think it might be a browser issue and I should have another go.

Check your orders on the site. It should say clearly what you've actually managed to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Check your orders on the site. It should say clearly what you've actually managed to order.
    Thanks!

Turns out the issue was you need an account on their site in order to book. They just don't tell you, and let you complete the checkout process without interruption.

Eventually did create an account. This time my card was authorised but I got a message saying the order ran into trouble, don't order again and contact their customer support line.

So who knows.

Telling 'ya, it's always Irish websites :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

thc4me wrote: »

Got the second last one in wexford town tesco, a mate of mine got the last one. Much appreciated. Something to cheer me up a bit after Arsenal lose to Burnley this evening :D

Guy working the counter said they got 5 Series X in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Leopardi1978

I realise that I cannot place an advert on this thread, but would anyone here be able to advise me about the best place to sell my Series X (at cost price with receipt and all original packaging) along with a very reasonably priced 58" Panasonic 4K HDR TV? At this point I am only willing to let both go as a bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Adverts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Adverts

All series X and S ads are banned from adverts...even at cost price

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I realise that I cannot place an advert on this thread, but would anyone here be able to advise me about the best place to sell my Series X (at cost price) along with a very reasonably priced 58" Panasonic 4K HDR TV? At this point I am only willing to let both go as a bundle.

Facebook Marketplace or DoneDeal at that rate. Be prepared for a lot of people only wanting the Xbox to be contacting you either way though!

Also be prepared to not get your money back on them both if selling this way either. The xbox may sell for cost price, but a second hand TV will not.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Can I assume everyone has gotten a Series X at this stage? Or anyone still actively looking?

Can I assume everyone has gotten a Series X at this stage? Or anyone still actively looking?

I'd say only people that have started looking in the last week or so might be struggling. Anyone who wanted one around release should be well sorted by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

MOD EDIT: No selling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'm still waiting on my gamestop preorder to be fulfilled, but picked up one through Smyths in the meantime (thanks to this thread). Gamestop assuring me I'll get it before Christmas but the shop haven't been told when they'll get the next shipment and can never tell which batch you'll be in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Im on the lookout, missed out on smyths etc last week by seconds.

Advertisement