Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Series S & X - All Supply/Order Chat Here **SEE UPDATED MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Mucashinto wrote: »
    Just to play Devil's Advocate here, where do people stand on adults, we'll say 30 & over, buying the consoles for themselves on day/month one? Arguably they're also affecting kids/families at Christmas? Just curious.

At least those 30+ guys are buying the console to actually use it and enjoy it.

Doesn't really compare to some scaldyballs buying as many as he can just to resell them to Pubes'r'Us for a frankly pathetic amount of profit.

Those 2 consoles will probably sit in whatever dingy CEX he pawned them off to, smelling of stale weedsmoke, until they have to sell them for RRP as "new" in early 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

There xbox series s on smythtoy for home delivery only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭s8n

<SNIP: Offensive Language>

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

CatInABox wrote: »
    I think it's safe to assume that people are looking for the Series X all over Ireland.

I am looking for one in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭djan

Managed to get sorted for an X so have a spare S that is no longer needed as the Xmas present. Does anyone know if adverts/donedeal are allowing cost price sales again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Treppen

Fieldog wrote: »
    Yup, can't stand that stuff, depriving some poor hard up family at Xmas with his own greed for the sake of a few hundred quid...

"Happy scalping indeed"

If they were proper hard-up they'd wait and do a trade up (assuming they've the old one series).

Also they could get the new series S.

Hard up... Meh! I'm not stuck for a few bob but my kid can wait and learn to ignore hysteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eugene Victor Tooms

MOD EDIT: Scalping talk removed. Further posts of this nature will result in a ban.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD WARNING: In addition to selling in this thread, there's to be no scalping of any kind either. This extends to even telling people that you're a scalper, or you're in the process of buying and selling to make a profit. Anything along those lines really. Infringing this policy will result in a forum ban.

For everyone that's decent, don't engage with scalpers, report the post and we'll ban them ASAP.

I'll update the note in the first post as well

CIAB

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

so by the mods rules you can use abusive language but only if it's directed at a scalper?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

so by the mods rules you can use abusive language but only if it's directed at a scalper?

Absolutely not, I was working through the thread as you posted, but it was more important to deal with the cause of the offensive posts before dealing with the offensive posts.

If you wish to discuss this more, please PM myself or the other mods here. Do not discuss moderation on thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

s8n wrote: »

Couldn’t reply to your pm as your inbox is full.

The answer is yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Any one have a realistic date as to when they might be available again..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

koppy wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

madalig12 wrote: »

Had that bit figured out. Anyone with any sort of a time frame..jan ,Feb march..rather than a whole yr

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

koppy wrote: »

Picked one up this evening in Harvey Norman in Blanch. Already have one myself so it got for my friend. Just saw a sign advertising it for €569 with a controller and 3 month game pass and said id ask. You cannot but the xBox separately. There was still a few left

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Well its the 22nd, gamestop sent email on 23rd of November saying ill get one before christmas. No further email, shop hasn't a clue and no response from email I sent 16th

I understand Covid and now perhaps even Brexit causing supply issue but no communication is what gets me most. If they told me were sorry but supply wasn't as much as they hoped I'd at least know

What concerns me is read on twitter a while back preorders being all over the place as people who ordered later got them first etc. Take with a pinch of salt it is people on Internet

Its for me anyway so least its not bad

Enjoy the Holiday everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Id say all hope lost for an X before Xmas? Was looking to get it for myself for an Xmas present and only decided in last couple of weeks to do so so was always a long shot. Oh well hopefully grab one in early 2021 to get me through the inevitable lockdown!

Id say all hope lost for an X before Xmas? Was looking to get it for myself for an Xmas present and only decided in last couple of weeks to do so so was always a long shot. Oh well hopefully grab one in early 2021 to get me through the inevitable lockdown!

I'd say you need to be very lucky but start the search right after Christmas if you really want it. Lot are saying January

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

So disappointed I missed the restock in SMyths recently! I just wasnt quick enough :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭DK224

Braytek wrote: »
    Well its the 22nd, gamestop sent email on 23rd of November saying ill get one before christmas. No further email, shop hasn't a clue and no response from email I sent 16th

I understand Covid and now perhaps even Brexit causing supply issue but no communication is what gets me most. If they told me were sorry but supply wasn't as much as they hoped I'd at least know

What concerns me is read on twitter a while back preorders being all over the place as people who ordered later got them first etc. Take with a pinch of salt it is people on Internet

Its for me anyway so least its not bad

Enjoy the Holiday everyone
    Same boat as you with Gamestop, have heard nothing since the Nov 23rd email saying I'd get one before christmas

• Advertisement

DK224 wrote: »
    Same boat as you with Gamestop, have heard nothing since the Nov 23rd email saying I'd get one before christmas

Keep hopefully, just got the call now its there, based in south east I am so fingers crossed for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kruram

Maestro84 wrote: »
    Picked one up this evening in Harvey Norman in Blanch. Already have one myself so it got for my friend. Just saw a sign advertising it for €569 with a controller and 3 month game pass and said id ask. You cannot but the xBox separately. There was still a few left

Thanks, got today in my local HN shop, but they give me 3 month game pass for pc. Is it possible supposed to be for pc or Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Guys Harvey Norman have stock of these in store, just got the bundle of the Series X, Controller and Xbox Ultimate for 569. Kinsale Road Cork had 10 left after mine per the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

X2 series X available in ;

Argos Monaghan.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭theshadow

Just got one in HN in Castlebar, thanks all for various updates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭s8n

Have HN Carrickmines got them ? (Cant get thru on phone)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drandyt

s8n wrote: »
    Have HN Carrickmines got them ? (Cant get thru on phone)
    Drogheda store said Nass and Tralee only ones with stock left.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Guys Harvey Norman have stock of these in store, just got the bundle of the Series X, Controller and Xbox Ultimate for 569. Kinsale Road Cork had 10 left after mine per the computer.

Lads, there are 6 left at Harvey Norman Little Island (Cork).
    You need to ask for it, they won't put them out on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

Got one off the nice people at Harvey Normans little island as well ....happy house for Christmas„ thanks for the update everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭joxers25

<Mods: No selling here please>

Advertisement