Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Series S & X - All Supply/Order Chat Here **SEE UPDATED MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

best game to play to demonstrate capabilities of xbox series x or s is what folks??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

twinex wrote: »
    Did anyone else get thrown over to the british microsoft site when trying (hoping) to find a series x, In particular the xbox all access page with the fantastic monthly payment plan?
    Did that offer ever come to ireland?

It's not fantastic at all when GPU can be easily gotten for much, much cheaper than the bundled price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

donfers wrote: »
    best game to play to demonstrate capabilities of xbox series x or s is what folks??

Forza Horizon 4

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

theteal wrote: »
    It's not fantastic at all when GPU can be easily gotten for much, much cheaper than the bundled price.

As in combining 3rd party site GPU deals together?

As in combining 3rd party site GPU deals together?

28.99 * 24 = 695.76
    695.76 - 449.99 = 245.77

All Access charges £245.77 for 2 years of GPU. Users here have very recently got 3 years for less than half of that. Simply stack XBL Gold (currently 34.99pa on CDkeys) and convert - there's a brand new sticky I believe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

dar83 wrote: »
    Forza Horizon 4

Also you'll need a decent 4K TV + HDR to see what.it can really do.

I'd say RDR2, even though it's last gen it's full 4K on Xbox One X and above. Looks stunning at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Forza & GOW 5 look stunning.. Have played a console in years and they look class

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I ordered one earlier in the week with Very which was then delayed by 2 weeks, Curry's then got stock two days later so I ordered with them due to quicker delivery and ease of returns and cancelled the Very order which was still 10 days away.

Cue confusion..... Currys dispatched, then got stopped across the water due to Brexit yesterday with no timeline according to DpD, I then got dispatch confirmation from Very+Yodel yesterday evening - cancellation must not have went through in time.

So as of this morning, Currys is stuck in Birmingham with no estimate, and Yodel have one across the water apparently coming tomorrow.

Just got a message from DPD saying the Currys one will be delivered this morning lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liamalone wrote: »
    I ordered one earlier in the week with Very which was then delayed by 2 weeks, Curry's then got stock two days later so I ordered with them due to quicker delivery and ease of returns and cancelled the Very order which was still 10 days away.

Cue confusion..... Currys dispatched, then got stopped across the water due to Brexit yesterday with no timeline according to DpD, I then got dispatch confirmation from Very+Yodel yesterday evening - cancellation must not have went through in time.

So as of this morning, Currys is stuck in Birmingham with no estimate, and Yodel have one across the water apparently coming tomorrow.

Just got a message from DPD saying the Currys one will be delivered this morning lol.

What did each company charge you for VAT? If they charged UK VAT you're likely to have Irish vat applied on top of that and a handling fee. Could be very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

PM me if you're looking to offload one :)

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What did each company charge you for VAT? If they charged UK VAT you're likely to have Irish vat applied on top of that and a handling fee. Could be very expensive.

Sorry, should've said that I'm in the North, Derry direction.
    stimpson wrote: »
    PM me if you're looking to offload one :)

If You happen to be in Donegal, near Derry in particular, and no family/friends take it it might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Sorry, should've said that I'm in the North, Derry direction.

If You happen to be in Donegal, near Derry in particular, and no family/friends take it it might be an option.

We could do ParcelMotel. I still have some credit left! Deffo keep me in mind - I'm looking to get one for the youngfellas birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

Has anybody just given in and bought a series S (and not regretted it?)

What's the panic? Are you currently without any form of xbox?

I'd imagine we're only a few weeks away from stock on shelves now xmas madness is out of the way. Scalpers be sweating, I see the fb marketplace prices are getting close to rrp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

theteal wrote: »
    What's the panic? Are you currently without any form of xbox?

I'd imagine we're only a few weeks away from stock on shelves now xmas madness is out of the way. Scalpers be sweating, I see the fb marketplace prices are getting close to rrp.

Yep, agree. I got sucked into the whole thing - and it was "exciting" getting a order in. And I wasted days on here. Crazy FOMO!

And yes, it's a nice new fast console (series x), but I'd would not be that rushed getting an xbox right now, especially if you have other tech to play games on. Apart from faster loading, you're not getting that much extra over a one x. No rush. Xmas is over.

I'd definitely get a series x over an s if you have the spare cash. You get a more powerful console and double SSD space + disk drive. There will be tons, this is microsoft behind this. There going to create tons of these for consumers and for cloud gaming, stripped down versions of same. There might be glitches in supply due to brexit and covid. But just chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Have a ps5 wouldn't mind getting a series x for the gamepass and emulation side of it.

Missed gears 4+5 and tactics also had a soft spot for state of decay so would love the play the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Any one have any confirmed dates for delivery to major retailers?

Any one have any confirmed dates for delivery to major retailers?

Yes, 2021.

In all seriousness, nobody really knows for sure. I'd expect something in the next few weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

When do you reckon you'll be able to just walk into a shop or buy one online easily? As of now Iv'e given up hope so just going to wait until stocks stabilize and become accessible.

Amazon.co.uk has stock now.

Edit: 6mins later, they're gone.

Edit edit: Amazon Germany have some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

When do you reckon you'll be able to just walk into a shop or buy one online easily? As of now Iv'e given up hope so just going to wait until stocks stabilize and become accessible.

How long have you started looking? I decided on a Sunday evening that I wanted a Series X and I had it ordered for collection with Smyths by the Tuesday with a bit of work checking here and keeping an eye on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

I actually have both, the Series S' biggest downfall is the backwards compatibility, it doesn't play the One X version of games and the One S versions look seriously poor at this point.

I also haven't seen too many examples of next gen games playing the same on both X and S, just with lower resolutions. The S often seems to have lower frame rate and resolution, as well as worse assets. For instance Assassins Creed looks very poor in 60 FPS mode on the Series S with loads of pop in and a very, very low resolution. COD doesn't do 120 FPS on series s if you are interested in that, although otherwise it looks pretty good.

Honestly I got the S for the man cave and the X for the living room and big TV but I'm seriously thinking of punting the S and getting another X instead 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Treppen

Simple question.

Can you order a console directly from the Microsoft online store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Treppen wrote: »
    Simple question.

Can you order a console directly from the Microsoft online store?

Nope. The button sends you to either GameStop or Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

JoyPad wrote: »
    Nope. The button sends you to either GameStop or Smyths.

Yes you can I managed to get mine back in Nov.

These are the links I used before:

Series X
    https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/configure/8wj714n3rbtl?irgwc=1&OCID=AID2000142_aff_7593_10078&tduid=%28ir__9rh9ahsag0kfqgt00ctiwv3kfm2xsmiegkufholo00%29%287593%29%2810078%29%28boards.ie%29%2861111X1383796X9fe7bd3826fd393ff5151cc48ad3020f%29&irclickid=_9rh9ahsag0kfqgt00ctiwv3kfm2xsmiegkufholo00

Series S
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/store/configure/Xbox-Series-S/942J774TP9JN

If they don't have any in stock, change en-ie for es-es (Spain Store and so on for other countries).

Good luck

m8051 wrote: »

From my experience, those links stop working after a while.

Your first link goes to a Series S now.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

Basil3 wrote: »
    From my experience, those links stop working after a while.

Your first link goes to a Series S now.

Edited my last post, maybe I misspelled the url of the SX, as far as I know they are still working although no stock available.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭allanroche

jodome wrote: »
    Sort of a reverse bargain alert / #brexit nuisance

I ordered a new controller for my Series X off the Microsoft website and sat back to wait. UPS pushed the delivery due date back a day and it arrived today. With a bill for an extra 40/EUR in taxes because, even though I ordered on Microsoft's Ireland site, they were shipping from the UK. Refused the delivery and called Microsoft (1800 71 0200 in case anyone finds themselves in a similar spot). They are aware of the issue and for the moment don't recommend placing a new order. They'll look to issue a refund once the item is returned to them by UPS.

Just as a heads up from the Xbox Bargains Thread here. Ordering from "Ireland" may incur customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭dan786

allanroche wrote: »
    Just as a heads up from the Xbox Bargains Thread here. Ordering from "Ireland" may incur customs.

Microsoft previously shipped from Netherlands to Ireland even when ordering from UK site. Not sure if that has changed with Brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Treppen

m8051 wrote: »

Cheers thanks.

I contacted MS in the chat at those links you gave.
    So a few answers:
    • I can't use my Rewards points for stuff I buy on pre-order.
    • I can order from their online store... if it's available LOL!
    • If I want to order it on a MS website from a different country then I can't use my Rewards POints / Gift Card.

Advertisement