Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Series S & X - All Supply/Order Chat Here **SEE UPDATED MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

djbergin wrote: »
    GameStop online is taking orders for the series S.

I took a chance and ordered the series S online. Hopefully their stock is real and not just an extended waiting list.

Sorry for asking this again, I see they have them in stock (Series S) and wonder they fulfilled your order or you will have to wait ...

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 djbergin

m8051 wrote: »
    Sorry for asking this again, I see they have them in stock (Series S) and wonder they fulfilled your order or you will have to wait ...

Thanks in advance.

Yeah they shipped it the next day after ordering. Still waiting for An Post to delivery it, but it’s on the way ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I am stuck waiting on GameStop to get some Series X back in stock as i got 250eur in vouchers for xmas.. dont suppose there is any inside info on when they will have some in stock for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,069 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

BrookieD wrote: »
    I am stuck waiting on GameStop to get some Series X back in stock as i got 250eur in vouchers for xmas.. dont suppose there is any inside info on when they will have some in stock for delivery?

You could always buy Xbox credit from them and use that on the Microsoft store to buy a Series X?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You could always buy Xbox credit from them and use that on the Microsoft store to buy a Series X?

ahh yeah,,, i had to read that a few time's until the penny dropped... long day:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone any tips where to get an X? its going to be my second console but think getting an S with the lower resolution would be pointless especially if its linked up to a 4k ready tv have a midrange lg 43 inch,

Checking the websites plenty of S about no x.

Also would I be better off just getting the S if its going to just be a gamepass machine and maybe a bit of emulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Anyone any tips where to get an X? its going to be my second console but think getting an S with the lower resolution would be pointless especially if its linked up to a 4k ready tv have a midrange lg 43 inch,

Also would I be better off just getting the S if its going to just be a gamepass machine and maybe a bit of emulation?

Check out the stock checker on https://www.twitch.tv/cosie90

You can sign up to the discord and get notified of any drops on your phone. That’s how I got mine.

stimpson wrote: »
    Check out the stock checker on https://www.twitch.tv/cosie90

You can sign up to the discord and get notified of any drops on your phone. That’s how I got mine.

Cheers for that yeah I see 9 in stock in carlow currys but I know its closed now,

Signed up to the discord anyway, hopefully be able to nab one.

I'm pretty sure you can walk into a Curry's and ask for them. Not sure whether they're all sold out, though.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can walk into a Curry's and ask for them. Not sure whether they're all sold out, though.

Thought click and collect was gone with level 5?

• Advertisement

Thought click and collect was gone with level 5?

Curry's are open for essential items afaik. If you go in to collect an essential item, and ask for a Series X at the counter, you might get lucky. Other people have.

In Argos Liffey Valley now, and if I punch in the code for a Series X, it says I can collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kantes

Darn, lucky. Doesn't seem to be allowing any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JamieOS

Does anyone know if Curry's Tralee or Curry's Mahon Point Cork have any in stock?

Kantes wrote: »
    Darn, lucky. Doesn't seem to be allowing any more.

Did you try on the terminal in an Argos? You'd need to physically go in

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kantes

Ahhh I see! It didn't tell you how many were left in stock by any chance?

Kantes wrote: »
    Ahhh I see! It didn't tell you how many were left in stock by any chance?

No, I was in there collecting something else, so just thought I'd see what the terminal said.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I only found out last night people were still having trouble getting these. Yes I never bothered to read this thread till now.

Series X starting to show up in Argos. One in Blanchardstown, 3 in Liffey Valley. Can order elsewhere in Dublin.

Some available outside Dublin as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Series X starting to show up in Argos. One in Blanchardstown, 3 in Liffey Valley. Can order elsewhere in Dublin.

I read an article last night about AMD and they have apologised for the reduction in production but have just brought new manufacturing plants online so they expect to increase production of chips in the coming weeks/months. They said that the demand was very high in both the console and PC space and they have struggled to keep up. Hopefully they can get on top of the demand now and we will see Series S/X and PS5 becoming readily available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Das89

Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows of any stock being available? I recall someone mentioning that a Currys in Blanc had some behind the counter.

I rang my local Argos about it and they said they are not allowed to sell me one even if they had stock.

JamieOS wrote: »
    I rang my local Argos about it and they said they are not allowed to sell me one even if they had stock.

I guarantee if you reserve one and get the reservation number, then go in and pay at the kiosk and collect, you'd have absolutely no issues.

The stock i mentioned earlier is pretty much all gone now anyway.

I guarantee if you reserve one and get the reservation number, then go in and pay at the kiosk and collect, you'd have absolutely no issues.

The stock i mentioned earlier is pretty much all gone now anyway.

It won't let me reserve one. Just gives an error, regardless of whether it's in stock or expected to be in stock.

It won't let me reserve one. Just gives an error, regardless of whether it's in stock or expected to be in stock.

I just reserved one in Dundalk without any issues, to make sure it works.

There's only about 3 other stores in the country that have stock now

Sligo, Limerick Childers, Longford, Portlaoise.

I just reserved one in Dundalk without any issues, to make sure it works.

There's only about 3 other stores in the country that have stock now

Sligo, Limerick Childers, Longford, Portlaoise.

I reserved one for pickup next week in my local store, but I got no reservation number and the website says it was not purchased. I did get an email saying my reservation was confirmed though. It seems to be a mess.

I reserved one for pickup next week in my local store, but I got no reservation number and the website says it was not purchased. I did get an email saying my reservation was confirmed though. It seems to be a mess.

That's an Argos bug, which they seem to have deliberately introduced with these consoles. If you get a reservation code, then your reservation is good.

Right now, the only 2 Argos stores with stock at this minute are Limerick Childers Road, and Portlaoise.

That's an Argos bug, which they seem to have deliberately introduced with these consoles. If you get a reservation code, then your reservation is good.

Right now, the only 2 Argos stores with stock at this minute are Limerick Childers Road, and Portlaoise.

Unfortunately I won't be able to collect from either do those stores, so I'm SOL for now.

My local one says reserve for collection on the 2nd-4th so I guess all I can do is see if one comes in stock then.

Unfortunately I won't be able to collect from either do those stores, so I'm SOL for now.

My local one says reserve for collection on the 2nd-4th so I guess all I can do is see if one comes in stock then.

Which store is your local? I'll keep an eye out.

• Advertisement

Which store is your local? I'll keep an eye out.

Killarney, or Tralee. I have permission to travel to Tralee from work too, but I'm trying to stay as local as possible.

Advertisement