Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Series S & X - All Supply/Order Chat Here **SEE UPDATED MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Basil3 wrote: »
    That's an Argos bug, which they seem to have deliberately introduced with these consoles. If you get a reservation code, then your reservation is good.

Right now, the only 2 Argos stores with stock at this minute are Limerick Childers Road, and Portlaoise.

This bug is not unique to Xbox consoles - had this happen when reserving an Oculus Quest 2 before Christmas. Got the email but no reservation code and when we went to collect, they said we shouldn't have been able to make the reservation

As you said, if there is a code in the email then you're good

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Got the one in childers Road, cheers ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JamieOS

kfrp wrote: »
    Got the one in childers Road, cheers ðŸ‘

I rang my local Argos and asked them to check the item code and said even if it was in stock, they wouldn't be allowed to sell it to me. A friend of mine also said that they are not letting anyone in the store without a reservation code.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

JamieOS wrote: »
    I rang my local Argos and asked them to check the item code and said even if it was in stock, they wouldn't be allowed to sell it to me. A friend of mine also said that they are not letting anyone in the store without a reservation code.

I just reserved online, was directed to the machine to pay and collected it. No hassle at all

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Tried to reserve it there in 2 stores near me get to reservation then it appears out of stock. :(

Managed to get one for cork but no reservation number and said this item is out of stock so doubt they went through

• Advertisement

Tried to reserve it there in 2 stores near me get to reservation then it appears out of stock. :(

Managed to get one for cork but no reservation number and said this item is out of stock so doubt they went through

Same as myself, no actual reservation number so it hasn't really gone through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is there any kind of sense when the Series X will be in common supply?
    I don't mind waiting until the Spring/Summer to get mine, as long as it's 2021, rather than 2022!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I don't mind waiting until the Spring/Summer to get mine, as long as it's 2021, rather than 2022!

If you have a quick google search, there are articles where AMD (who manufacturer the processors for Xbox and Playstation) saying that there is a shortage and it will likely be the middle of the year before there is more stock. I'd say there will only be dribs and drabs until then. Even then, we don't know if they will have enough to satisfy demands by then. For the first time ever, I regret not preordering!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I don't know how long it will be to walk into a shop and buy one (figuratively speaking), but if you really want one then you usually see them pop up every week or two.

Argos and Smyths seem to get them in small quantities every now and then, Curry's just got a big bit of stock last week as well. I haven't seen Harvey Norman advertise anything since their initial supply.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, stock is still coming in dribs and drabs, but the demand is nowhere near the levels seen for the PS5. If you spend a week or two actively looking, then you'll most likely get one.

If you want to walk in and buy one(lockdown permitting, of course), then I'd say it'll be summer before stock sticks in the stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Series X starting to show up in Argos. One in Blanchardstown, 3 in Liffey Valley. Can order elsewhere in Dublin.

Some available outside Dublin as well.

Cheers for that.
    Just picked up one of those 3 in LV. ðŸ˜

Was there someone here after a Series X in Cork?

2 series X's available Blanchardstown Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

2 series X's available Blanchardstown Argos.

Cheers!!! Just reserved one of them

One Series X in Dundalk Argos, one in Longford, one in Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tobottherobot

Curry’s Liffey valley had a heap of XSX’s in stock today behind the cash desk. Don’t know if most are reservations but I got one as a walk-in

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Was there someone here after a Series X in Cork?

Yeah these me but Mahon is technically beyond the 5k , the old gardai are everywhere round here

Yeah these me but Mahon is technically beyond the 5k , the old gardai are everywhere round here

Will send you a PM now

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Das89

Hey Lads, anyone know if Navan has any series X stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 clueless_k

What’s the code for Argos. I keep getting an error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

clueless_k wrote: »
    What’s the code for Argos. I keep getting an error.

Make sure to click the 'check stock in your area' link. The other links will just bring you to a general out of stock page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

unklerosco wrote: »
    Make sure to click the 'check stock in your area' link. The other links will just bring you to a general out of stock page.

Collecting one between Tuesday - Thursday. Much less hassle than trying to get a ps5, took all of 30 seconds.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Collecting one between Tuesday - Thursday. Much less hassle than trying to get a ps5, took all of 30 seconds.

Did you get an actual reservation number? If not, then it's not a actually reserved for you. It seems you'll only get a reservation number if you reserve one that's in stock.

JamieOS wrote: »
    Did you get an actual reservation number? If not, then it's not a actually reserved for you. It seems you'll only get a reservation number if you reserve one that's in stock.

Ah, says due in stock next week, so I presume I'll get one then. Think smyths have the same expected in Feb message too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,693 ✭✭✭✭klose

When you do the reserve in your area thing on argos you literally get a message saying the order was not purchased. I've tried it a million times my inbox is full of generic emails from argos saying if your order is successful you'll get t a code.

Longford is still the only Argos in the country that has a Series X in stock right now.

As someone mentioned, Curry's got a load in this last week. You just have to go to the counter and ask for it. It's definitely worth a shot if you have one nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Note sure if this is allowed.. Considering selling my Xbox series X with additional Controller and Dual controller charging kit -> https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08K9WQ849/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Unable to sell on adverts as they have a blanket ban on xbox/ps5 sales and could not be bothered dealing with DoneDeal or eBay.

If anyone is interested and has a good adverts.ie feedback, based in Cork and can collect (safely) -> drop me a pm.

Note - I'm not looking to scalp this - sell at cost price.

Longford is still the only Argos in the country that has a Series X in stock right now.

As someone mentioned, Curry's got a load in this last week. You just have to go to the counter and ask for it. It's definitely worth a shot if you have one nearby.

Not anymore, I'm now 500 quid poorer. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 clueless_k

unklerosco wrote: »

When I go onto the Argos page and search Xbox x. It comes up view details. I click that and it says sorry Xbox is currently not available. Return to homepage. I can’t even get to the page to check my local store.

• Advertisement

clueless_k wrote: »
    When I go onto the Argos page and search Xbox x. It comes up view details. I click that and it says sorry Xbox is currently not available. Return to homepage. I can’t even get to the page to check my local store.

Are you using the mobile site? Need to use the full site to get that option.

Advertisement