Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide - The Greatest Song from 2010s

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Vote submitted even though to me the title belongs to Hozier!

Not the most offensive final I've seen in these tournament things.

Two solid finalists.

Hozier edges it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Vote submitted even though the title belongs to Rag'n'Bone, or Pharrell, or BadFlower, or PlanB. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Voted - Still feel guilty for not voting for Rag n Bone man in the last round, but I had my reasons and I stand by them ..

Rag n Bone Man is a poor man's Dermot Kennedy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,236 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Final is not any surprise to me, terrible decade of music to be fair
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

bubblypop wrote: »

It really really was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Vote submitted, poor final tbh, so many great songs knocked out early or not even nominated. I like both songs, but, no way should either be in the final. Glad Hozier didn't make final

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Music is very subjective, I wouldnt call any decade terrible, its just different. Music changes quicker than our taste in music I guess.
    I din't think I would find anything to interest me in this contest but there were quite a few I really liked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Moan moan moan my song didn't make the final moan moan moan even though I had the chance to vote these songs out numerous times moan moan moan even though I repeatedly made poor decisions like voting Pink over Adele moan moan moan what I'm trying to say is Gangnam Style should have won but the Rihanna song is great too.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Moan moan moan my song didn't make the final moan moan moan even though I had the chance to vote these songs out numerous times moan moan moan even though I repeatedly made poor decisions like voting Pink over Adele moan moan moan what I'm trying to say is Gangnam Style should have won but the Rihanna song is great too.

I'm imagining Shane doing the Gangnam dance

How long is voting open for?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Till 9pm :)

Gangnam Style will be played at every single one of your 60th's whether you like it or not ! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The results are in

200.gif

Thank you to all the voters for the final and indeed throughout the tournament.

I can now reveal that Boardsies have decided the Greatest Song from the 2010s is....

Rihanna - We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris)

Very close contest but Rihanna pulled away in the end to win by three votes.

Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball 6 9 Rihanna - We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris)

Voter Name Song Choice
    LeVar Miley
    Omackeral Rihanna
    mustang shelly Miley
    Sawduck Miley
    JohnGreenFan Rihanna
    Purgative Miley
    Kolido Rihanna
    Scott Lemon Silver Rihanna
    SineadSpears Miley
    ShaneU Rihanna
    Girly Gal Rihanna
    JP Liz V1 Rihanna
    bubblypop Miley
    Reberetta Rihanna
    ThunbergsAreGo Rihanna

Thanks everyone for staying with us and getting through over 300 entries to whittle it down to the eventual winner.

While it may not be the ideal choice for some, it's nice to see something upbeat and dare I say it - happy - winning out in this gloomy sh1t of a year.

My own vote would have probably gone to Miley Cyrus but I didn't really mind either of the finalists.

That's it from me, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did :)

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Thanks for all the work Necro. Really enjoyable, and learnt a bit along the way.

When's the nest comp? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Oh hell yeah!

hqdefault.jpg

My nomination won and that's all that matters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cheers for running Necro, was a fun tournament and I discovered some great new songs along the way (even though most of 'em were voted out early doors).

I'm also glad to see an upbeat and uplifting winner, and Rihanna and Calvin are two of the biggest names of the decade to be fair to them.

Great game Necro, thanks for the effort put it in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Thank you for organising Necro, another splendid competition!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Purgative wrote: »
    When's the nest comp? :D

I’m gonna run greatest cartoon of all time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Well played Nekkers. A great round out of all the decades. Proper bookend.

bubblypop wrote: »
    It really really was

Nah, that's not true at all. There was lots of brilliant music released in the 2010's, voters here just collectively made consistently terrible decisions! :p

Anyway there was loads of shíte music released in the Sixties, Seventies and Eighties as well but most of the dross has been forgotten whereas the good stuff has remained with us. Guaranteed in forty or fifty years time there'll be people going "today's music is so terrible, whatever happened to real music like there was in the 2010's". :pac:

Anyway thank you to Necro for all of the time and effort it took to run the thread.

Worthy winner.

Another ship well ran, Necro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Decent winner alright, thanks for your great work Necro, a really good fun tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Good competition and good winner, wouldn't have thought either song would get close, but, that's the way these competitions work out sometimes.
    Well done Necro

Gangnam Style will be played at every single one of your 60th's whether you like it or not ! :D

We should do best dance routine :p

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    We should do best dance routine :p

I'll vote for the floss Liz. Tiz a classic that one

Advertisement