Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide - The Greatest Song from 2010s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Linkin Park!

Can I vote for Lmfao to replace Neil Young though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Lmfao by default

Oh really? Didn't know that.

Can I very reluctantly chance my vote to Neil Young in that case Necro? It hurts me to vote for him, but this round is the worst for several different reasons.

I'd say Google it and make your mind up - won't take long to find sources, she's had beef with loads of people (including Ireland, as a whole! :pac: ) but Zayn Malik was probably the most infamous one, her comments to him got her banned from social media for a bit iirc.

But sure look, it is a song contest at the end of the day, not a personality one! And I actually really do like Neil Young in general, in any other scenario I'd be rooting for him too.

Edit: That took far too long to type out and now the moment has passed! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

But sure look, it is a song contest at the end of the day, not a personality one!

This is true, but it is something that has played in to my votes in previous tournaments, and she's a f**king awful human being by what I've just read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Linkin Park - Burn it Down ; I do like Party Rock Anthem, but not as good as this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Linkin, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

212 is a cracker of a tune. Regardless of who performs it. Would get my vote. Are we gonna dissect every artist?! Would get my vote anyway.

LMFAO was huge so I’ll go with that. Plus I learned how to shuffle because of it :p

Omackeral wrote: »
    Are we gonna dissect every artist?!

No, but some of us are allowed to not like someone when we learn they're a garbage human being, and use that as a reason not to vote for their song. Nobody was saying you couldn't vote for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Linkin Park - Burn it Down advances.

Catch y'all tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Rihanna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

California kingbed please, though looks like you lot are going to burn it down.

I see we're now casting our votes from our glass houses.

212 is an absolute belter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No, but some of us are allowed to not like someone when we learn they're a garbage human being, and use that as a reason not to vote for their song.

I’m sure she’ll be devastated:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll vote Pitbull, I do like that song even though I didn't nominate but as usual I'm late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Ah Sh!te I'm only seeing this now:eek:. I feel slightly sulky that I missed the start:(

Jaysis, about 3 decent songs here all day and you lot voted out 2 of them.....!

OK so an hour & a half later & I've been through the whole thread. I now feel even 10times sh!ttier that I missed out today.

Anyway I will say, I've made my own play list of all the songs I've liked so far. I wrote my own votes down too, just for myself so I guess I don't feel like I've missed out lol.

1st thing, I'm devastated Stone Sour didn't get voted through. Come on peeps, Corey Taylor is amazing!
    For anyone who doesn't know, he is the lead singer of Stone Sour AND Slipknot! Anything he sings live is unbelievably good. A playlist of him is blasted out of my home on a weekly basis. That Stone Sour song posted, Song#3 is even better in the acoustic version! As is everything else he sings.
    Watching him live interacting with his audience is something I really love to see too.

2nd thing, whoever nominated Clutch, I am very grateful! Never heard of them before but I'll be checking them out now. I would have voted for both of their songs posted:)

TLDR: I missed the game. I'm sad. I enjoyed the thread a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Sinead you haven't missed so much. Swathes of this thread were the "prelim taster" whether they went straight to Round 1, and we're still only sorting through the prelims. So its ok ;)

BUT I FEEL LIKE I MISSED OUT !!!!! even this small part lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Missed the entire day of voting as weekends are not a time I have a minute.

Delighted to see the love for a couple of my nominations.

30 Seconds To Mars - Closer to the Edge got some good comments and Linkin Park - Burn it Down got through easily enough too

Sad to see Linkin Park - Heavy get knocked out. I must admit I prefer the acoustic version way more.

OK so an hour & a half later & I've been through the whole thread. I now feel even 10times sh!ttier that I missed out today.

Anyway I will say, I've made my own play list of all the songs I've liked so far. I wrote my own votes down too, just for myself so I guess I don't feel like I've missed out lol.

1st thing, I'm devastated Stone Sour didn't get voted through. Come on peeps, Corey Taylor is amazing!
    For anyone who doesn't know, he is the lead singer of Stone Sour AND Slipknot! Anything he sings live is unbelievably good. A playlist of him is blasted out of my home on a weekly basis. That Stone Sour song posted, Song#3 is even better in the acoustic version! As is everything else he sings.
    Watching him live interacting with his audience is something I really love to see too.

2nd thing, whoever nominated Clutch, I am very grateful! Never heard of them before but I'll be checking them out now. I would have voted for both of their songs posted:)

TLDR: I missed the game. I'm sad. I enjoyed the thread a lot!

You're welcome on the Stone Sour nomination and I agree with everything you said about Corey. Amazing singer especially live and acoustic. Love his live in London acoustic concert on YouTube

lassykk wrote: »
    You're welcome on the Stone Sour nomination and I agree with everything you said about Corey. Amazing singer especially live and acoustic. Love his live in London acoustic concert on YouTube

Thats the one I listen too :)

I only got into Slipknot in the last couple of years (I was waaay late to the party). No one I know would be interested in them.
    But earlier this year in January I think it was, a guy from work went to see them in the 3Arena & I was so jealous. If I had have known sooner that he as going, I would have tagged along with him. I'd look like a fish out of water at a Slipknot concert but I wouldn't care either.
    After that, I decided in future if I wanna see anyone in concert, I'm gonna go by myself rather than miss out!

I only got into Slipknot in the last couple of years (I was waaay late to the party). No one I know would be interested in them.
    But earlier this year in January I think it was, a guy from work went to see them in the 3Arena & I was so jealous. If I had have known sooner that he as going, I would have tagged along with him. I'd look like a fish out of water at a Slipknot concert but I wouldn't care either.
    After that, I decided in future if I wanna see anyone in concert, I'm gonna go by myself rather than miss out!

Do it . I’ve gone to some of the best gigs of my life on my own

I'd recommend going on your own too. I flew to Italy on my own to see Pearl Jam and loved it. Didn't want to subject my wife to it as she wouldn't enjoy their music.

I met loads of people at it to chat to. Some of whom were there on their own too.

I wouldn't be the chattiest person but I found it great.

Remember gigs? They were great weren’t they?

Do it . I’ve gone to some of the best gigs of my life on my own

Cool! I've a ticket to see Warduna(Nordic folk music) in April in Dublin. It possibly won't go ahead but sure even if it's rescheduled I won't mind. That will be an interesting one, i'm not sure exactly what to expect. But I'll be there for the craic anyway :p

lassykk wrote: »
    I'd recommend going on your own too. I flew to Italy on my own to see Pearl Jam and loved it.

Evanescence was another one I was looking into earlier this year. They were to play in Glasgow I think it was. But I don't like flying, & I'm hopeless with directions so I probably wouldn't find my way out of the airport nevermind navigate my way through another city.
    I'd love to think it is something I'd do so it's something I'll need to try work on :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just getting set up now folks, got my bits and pieces sorted a little earlier than I expected. Aiming to kick off at 12 noon and we will try and get through as many as possible of the Prelims today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,474 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Evanescence was another one I was looking into earlier this year. They were to play in Glasgow I think it was. But I don't like flying, & I'm hopeless with directions so I probably wouldn't find my way out of the airport nevermind navigate my way through another city.
    I'd love to think it is something I'd do so it's something I'll need to try work on :)

I was actually looking into their World's Collide tour with Within Temptation to see which arena was closest to the airport in each European city they were performing. I was planning on going by myself.

Then there was also Iron Maiden and Airborne in Lisbon I think.

Advertisement