Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threadbanned from SF thread (current affairs)

Options
  • 13-11-2020 10:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 273 ✭✭

I am currently threadbanned from this thread, my threadban has led to three bans from Current affairs one of which was lifted but not the threadban.

Jeff is the person who attacked me and provoked me into attacking him back and he is commenting away on the thread right now, I have my suspicions that him and the mod who banned me (beasty) are the same people using separate accounts.

It's hard to believe someone makes an attack against me then I reply with a post attacking him in the same way he attacked me and then I get banned and he walks away without even a warning when he is the one who provoked/attacked me in the first place.

The extreme bias in his moderating is hard to believe, if I was the one who attacked him first and he was the one who retaliated then I would completely understand but it wasn't it was the completely other way around.

Also funny enough there was a reference to my ban today by the user who attacked me (Jeff) which is quite strange which further adds to my belief that these two are the same people using separate accounts, who should I complain to about this? Not just about my ban but that I believe the mod is using a separate account to reign over threads without making it too obvious.

I have been asking him to lift the ban in which he replied

<snip>

I then replied: What has that got to do with your unfair/biased ban from the thread in question?
    What exactly are you trying to find? Some posts of mine that you agree with?

I believe Beasty used his Jeff account to provoke me with a barrage of insults and then switched back to his beasty account to issue me with a threadban even though my attack against the poster who attacked me was identical to the attack made against me.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 273 ✭✭Hqrry113

Looking at the thread now it seems in the last 20 minutes the user Jeff has been banned, most likely after the claims I was making against him in the thread less than an hour ago he then switched to his beasty account and banned himself in an attempt to cover his tracks.

Edit: my mistake, he is still running amok on the thread.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threadbans are dealt with in Help Desk, and you require the permission of the sender to post any PMs. You did not ask my permission so I have deleted the quote

Beasty wrote: »
    Threadbans are dealt with in Help Desk, and you require the permission of the sender to post any PMs. You did not ask my permission so I have deleted the quote

Why would you bother deleting the post? I know it was a ridiculous answer you made but an investigating mod is going to ask for a transcript anyway so he will see it either way.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to be clear there is no "formal" appeals process for threadbans

They can be discussed here, but you may well find that part if not all of the discussion is with me. Of course I can simply repeat what I said to you via PM, but you need to understand that publishing PMs outside the "formal" dispute process is not allowed without the permission of the sender, and you never asked me if you could do so.

There can be serious consequences, depending on context and content, of failing to observe that particular rule

Just to be clear there is no "formal" appeals process for threadbans

They can be discussed here, but you may well find that part if not all of the discussion is with me. Of course I can simply repeat what I said to you via PM, but you need to understand that publishing PMs outside the "formal" dispute process is not allowed without the permission of the sender, and you never asked me if you could do so.

There can be serious consequences, depending on context and content, of failing to observe that particular rule

Ahh your joking, I just rrealized looking through the other threads in this section that you are the one who investigates threadbans

• Advertisement

Let me just set out a timeline of events here:
    Signed up 19/10/20
    21/10/20 – Red card for trolling in Coronavirus forum
    21/10/20 picked up a yellow for trolling – aiming these comments at another poster
    see we have another crazed covid maniac, probably sleeps with his face mask on and walks around wearing leather gloves

23/10/20 – yellow plus threadban for
    Let me guess, your favourite film is some garbage romantic film from the 1980s, you're a feminist judging by your posting history likely bisexual?

And you think I have it bad?
    Then made 3 posts ignoring the threadban, including
    Hqrry113 wrote: »
    Did you not threadban him also? What was the difference between our two posts? I replied with a comment as dumb and ignorant as the one he directed at me.
    24/10.20 - Posted in reference to another user:
    This guy is clearly a NI unionist no doubt about it, sounds like paisley speaking from beyond the grave.

24/10/20 – 1 week forum ban for ignoring threadban

You continued to pick up cards for trolling elsewhere
    12/11/20 ignored the threadban again, posting 12 times, including
    How could you say that with sounding like an absolute fool?

Do you see any armed campaign going on?
    12/11/20 – 1 week ban for again ignoring the threadban – that was lifted following discussion with the mod when you gave assurance you would not post in the thread
    13/11/20 - you then posted again in the thread and picked up another 1 week forum ban yesterday for ignoring the threadban

Now you are accusing me of running a second account

Do you agree with all the above?

So we have a pattern of trolling. We also have a pattern of ignoring the threadban, in 1 case after explicitly assuring a mod you would not post in the thread again while threadbanned

I am seeing no basis whatsoever to consider lifting this threadban at this time. Indeed based on your behaviour to date I may well struggle to lift it at any stage. However what I would suggest is continuing posting elsewhere on the site without causing further problems. After a few weeks you can approach me explaining how you will change your posting style to avoid further issue and I can then review the threadban

Let me just set out a timeline of events here:
    Signed up 19/10/20
    21/10/20 – Red card for trolling in Coronavirus forum
    21/10/20 picked up a yellow for trolling – aiming these comments at another poster

23/10/20 – yellow plus threadban for

Then made 3 posts ignoring the threadban, including

24/10.20 - Posted in reference to another user:

24/10/20 – 1 week forum ban for ignoring threadban

You continued to pick up cards for trolling elsewhere
    12/11/20 ignored the threadban again, posting 12 times, including

12/11/20 – 1 week ban for again ignoring the threadban – that was lifted following discussion with the mod when you gave assurance you would not post in the thread
    13/11/20 - you then posted again in the thread and picked up another 1 week forum ban yesterday for ignoring the threadban

Now you are accusing me of running a second account

Do you agree with all the above?

So we have a pattern of trolling. We also have a pattern of ignoring the threadban, in 1 case after explicitly assuring a mod you would not post in the thread again while threadbanned

I am seeing no basis whatsoever to consider lifting this threadban at this time. Indeed based on your behaviour to date I may well struggle to lift it at any stage. However what I would suggest is continuing posting elsewhere on the site without causing further problems. After a few weeks you can approach me explaining how you will change your posting style to avoid further issue and I can then review the threadban

Simply looking through my posts now that I've made this thread and picking out a few bad ones as a basis for banning me from that thread is not in line with the guidelines.

What has me annoyed about the ban from the thread is the poster who antagonized me with an attack on me was not banned, you posted my reply to him which looks bad because I was replied in the same manner that he attacked me it was a copy of his post.

Your biased moderating is ridiculous can you explain the reason why the poster who attacked/provoked me into attacking me back was not also banned?

Why are you bringing up posts from different threads as reason for banning me from this one? Is that correct that you can use posts from completely separate threads which I have already received warnings for?

The poster who attacked me has also attacked other posters on the thread and has stated that he likes to troll the thread from time to time but since you agree with his views and disagree with mine you allow him to run amok your moderating is extremely biased and I will be taking this to an administrator.

I am not discussing any other posters in this thread. It's your behaviour that is the topic here

Advertisement