Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do RTE have a dress code and presentation standard?

• 13-11-2020 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭

Watching the RTE nine o'clock news and the presenter does not look professional and suitably presented as a newsreader - 70s-style white coloured shapeless trouser suit, mad hair, panda eyes and generally affected manner.

All the other RTE newsreaders and those on other channels are appropriately presented.

Can they just look whatever way they want on RTE?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sharon on again I take it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭ATC110

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,024 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I've actually wondered about her quite bizzare wardrobe, I'm no fashion expert but she has some strange looking outfits, one one evening, I'm sure she was wearing a jump suit with parachute tucked in, just bizzare.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ShockChance

who was yer wan with a cream top with buttons that looked like nipples. it was a while back

EDIT
    found it in google search
    https://i.redd.it/wq1uzbiim9241.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

To be fair to her, I’ve noticed her style has changed immensely since she had that stalker incident. She used to wear very different clothes and now she seems to wear very modest, shapeless clothes. Give her a break guys.

• Advertisement

who was yer wan with a cream top with buttons that looked like nipples. it was a while back

EDIT
    found it in google search
    https://i.redd.it/wq1uzbiim9241.jpg

A poor Catriona, she's tried to hard since her return from USA but, I'm sorry, really diff to take seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Anyone else think joanna donnelly seems affected too by distraction when presenting weather forecasts.seems to struggle with the script or is just ad libing and meanders.

ruwithme wrote: »
    Anyone else think joanna donnelly seems affected too by distraction when presenting weather forecasts.seems to struggle with the script or is just ad libing and meanders.

Her morning Ireland broadcasts are just Hillarious, I sense she thinks she's talking to a hens night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Much as I detest RTE in general, what exactly is "suitably presented as a newsreader"? They're reading the news, not going to a funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Garibaldi?

I never. really notice what they are wearing to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Imagine them trying to wear style? What would you like boring suits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭ATC110

Much as I detest RTE in general, what exactly is "suitably presented as a newsreader"? They're reading the news, not going to a funeral

Smart and professional, similar to the other newsreaders rather than trying to make herself 'the news'.

Prettifying to within an inch of her life (Panda eyes, mad hair, bizarre clothes) detracts from the role of newsreader

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

More water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

ATC110 wrote: »
    Smart and professional, similar to the other newsreaders rather than trying to make herself 'the news'.

Prettifying to within an inch of her life (Panda eyes, mad hair, bizarre clothes) detracts from the role of newsreader
    Personnelly have no problem with how she dresses, is with more interested with the contense of the news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

As seen on Claire Byrne tonight and most weather women what’s going on with ratchet strapping a belt around their upper stomach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

Xtrail14 wrote: »
    As seen on Claire Byrne tonight and most weather women what’s going on with ratchet strapping a belt around their upper stomach?

Belt is to help with their microphone packs.

Advertisement