Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Current Affairs

Options
  • 13-11-2020 10:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

This is just getting ridiculous. So I got a msg that I was unbanned from Current Affairs. I make one post and I'm banned for a fortnight.

It says I was threadbanned from a thread. But if I was threadbanned how was I able to post in it? I PM'd the Mod and he gives me a load of dates where I got various infractions.

Honestly, this is the most bizarre Site I've ever posted on....by a long long stretch.

How was I able to post in a thread if I was banned from it???

And why wouldn't the Mod say you're not allowed post in this thread (even though for some odd reason there's nothing stopping you) instead of just slapping me with a new fortnight's ban?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Unlike Forum bans, threadbans are not automatically enforced. You can view the thread and need to show self restraint to avoid posting

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

I have done Beasty but he's not interested. Honest mistake on my part.

Doesn't matter either way. You can let the ban run if you like Sir.

Advertisement