Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from current affairs

Options
  • 14-11-2020 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭

Made an innocuous comment and received a ban from current affairs. This was after a thread ban with a mod. However I showed the mod the double standards as other poster had used the exact same insults and received no repercussions. It was use of the term bot to describe some posters. After I pointed this out I was told I would have the ban lifted if I wouldn't use it again. I agreed and now another mod tonight has banned me. I must ask. Is Boards now censoring certain posters based upon their political beliefs?
    I have reported allegations or murders rapes with no baclup etc against a certain political party and not received any feedback or seem warnings given. Yet the description of bot to others will get you forum banned. Interesting.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi Smurgen,

I can look into this for you. Can you either forward me your PM's with the mod or post them here please?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Sent. Thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Thanks. I'll look at this later today.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Hi Smurgen,

I've had a chance to look into this for you.

I'm going to have to agree with the moderator's decision. You were clearly instructed not to post in that thread again. Since moderators can't enforce threadbans directly with the sites tools like they can with bans, it's up to the poster to heed this instruction. If you see other posters violate the rules of the forum, please use the report post function.

In just over a month, you've had 4 warnings in the CA/IMHO forum. When your ban expires tomorrow, you should reconsider your posting style if you'd like to continue posting there.

Please let me know if you would like an admin to review this.

Regards,
    ACD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Hi Smurgen,

I've had a chance to look into this for you.

I'm going to have to agree with the moderator's decision. You were clearly instructed not to post in that thread again. Since moderators can't enforce threadbans directly with the sites tools like they can with bans, it's up to the poster to heed this instruction. If you see other posters violate the rules of the forum, please use the report post function.

In just over a month, you've had 4 warnings in the CA/IMHO forum. When your ban expires tomorrow, you should reconsider your posting style if you'd like to continue posting there.

Please let me know if you would like an admin to review this.

Regards,
    ACD

Noted and thanks for looking into this. Have a good weekend.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    Noted and thanks for looking into this. Have a good weekend.

No worries, Smurgen. You as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement