Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self isolated in room, what to do?

Options
  • 14-11-2020 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

For two days at least. Have not the concentration to watch videos, even browse boards or read even short chapters of books. Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Audio books on YouTube or similar. Ditto documentaries on subjects you're interested in.

No need to watch - just listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bunnypaws

Thank you for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

How many press ups can you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I believe the usual response here is to ensure you have unlimited access to the internet and plan to pull the middle out of yourself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CountNjord

Order seed trays and small bag's of compost, a growers lightbulb , then get tapestries of amazing backdrops ...

Buy tropical house plants and turn your living space into your own world..

Order a good amplifier with Bluetooth and a set of 600 series Bower's and Wilkinson's speakers...

Then maybe create your own environment, have a blast..
    Get disco lights too, and in your whole room you could live beyond your wildest expectations...

I know it's easy for me to say, being absolutely loaded and living in a quirky flamboyant house in the country...

CountNjord wrote: »
    Order seed trays and small bag's of compost, a growers lightbulb , then get tapestries of amazing backdrops ...

Buy tropical house plants and turn your living space into your own world..

Order a good amplifier with Bluetooth and a set of 600 series Bower's and Wilkinson's speakers...

Then maybe create your own environment, have a blast..
    Get disco lights too, and in your whole room you could live beyond your wildest expectations...

I know it's easy for me to say, being absolutely loaded and living in a quirky flamboyant house in the country...

We could turn our balconies into meditaranean greenhouses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CountNjord

We could turn our balconies into meditaranean greenhouses.

And with all the rain, hydroponics would be the way to go, rainwater is also good for washing the hair...

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

Do a MOOC course maybe in something you are interested in or have to do for work ?
    EdX are good quality ones.

If you can muster up the energy to lister to podcasts they are the way to go. Just lie there and listen! I can recommend "The Tunnel Podcast" ( true story about a tunnel which a group of students dug under the Berlin Wall) and anything from "Casefile" ... but particularly the Silk Road episode.... intriguing story about the dark web.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

CountNjord wrote: »
    And with all the rain, hydroponics would be the way to go, rainwater is also good for washing the hair...
    Woah there Ricky Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Maybe learn some coding?

A free curriculum teaching the fundamental web development languages here - https://www.theodinproject.com

Warning - it can be somewhat addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's okay to go outside, geez. Just let it be remote, and wear a mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭maebee

inthehat wrote: »
    If you can muster up the energy to lister to podcasts they are the way to go. Just lie there and listen! I can recommend "The Tunnel Podcast" ( true story about a tunnel which a group of students dug under the Berlin Wall) and anything from "Casefile" ... but particularly the Silk Road episode.... intriguing story about the dark web.

Great advice. I only discovered podcasts a few months ago and would highly recommend them. I started with the excellent "Case file" and find that I can demolish my room, emptying out wardrobes, drawers etc. whilst being totally distracted from the job by being engrossed in the podcast. There's also the good old fashioned books. Good luck with it OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

laptop...watch a tv show. the time will pass in no time at all. throw in the odd ****. order a takeaway

laptop...watch a tv show. the time will pass in no time at all. throw in the odd ****. order a takeaway

2020 in a nutshell :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

Bunnypaws wrote: »
    For two days at least. Have not the concentration to watch videos, even browse boards or read even short chapters of books. Any tips?

Don't concentrate. Your body knows better what to do. Presuming you feeling drowsy, dim the light and as it was advised above turn on some movies to avoid boredom. Don't watch - just listen and do not try to concentrate. Do not be afraid to miss something in the movie or podcast, If you get asleep for a some time - it is OK, sleep is better than watching movie for you.

How many press ups can you do?

If i attempted one id fall flat on my face ha ha. I did manage a 5 min walk outside barely and was still sob. My ribs hurt my eyes hurt. The pain of waitingbfor the text in unbearable

Most of the things i cant do, just feel like crying,, being an in convience to my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Most of the things i cant do, just feel like crying,, being an in convience to my family.
    Ah dont feel like that, thats what family is for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

Train by day Joe Rogan podcast by night

Plot the downfall of your enemies and think of things you should have said in tense enotional battles you had in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

You talk like shes a dude. But she's a gal .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I believe the usual response here is to ensure you have unlimited access to the internet and plan to pull the middle out of yourself.

:pac:

That's more After Hours advice to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭sekond

Sleep. I was very ill in March. Couldn’t get a Covid test because the place I had travelled to wasn’t Italy or China but GP was fairly sure that’s what I had, so I isolated from the rest of the family as much as possible. It wasn’t until I finally gave up trying to keep going (I was foolishly trying to work from home at the start) and just slept that I started to improve. I got to the stage that the simple act of drinking a cup of tea needed a 3 hour nap afterwards.

When you are awake put something on Netflix or similar that you have seen before just so that you can have something to watch that you won’t care too much about missing.

(If you are breathless, sleeping propped up on a pillow half sitting sometimes helps)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

This too shall pass :)

We are living in the best era of all time to have a pandemic, restrictions or the need to isolate

And at the core of it all, as far as distraction goes, is the Internet and the many ways you can use it to take your mind off things

I can't even imagine 2020 without Wifi

If a podcast, TV show or similar doesn't engross you enough I highly recommend a course on Udemy.com. There's many free ones on there or others that'll cost you $20 max

Hang in there Bunny and there's a very helpful Mental Health thread here if you need it https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058062109

Im negative :) less than 24 hr turnaround rate

Im negative :) less than 24 hr turnaround rate

Great stuff Bunnypaws!

• Advertisement
Advertisement