Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling with tenants

Options
  • 14-11-2020 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

i am considering selling my apt with tenants included. The problem is conditions prevailing will somewhat effect the price. In particular one of the tenants is not registered ie he is an illegal sub-letter, also the tenants have a history of doing damage to my apt and to other apts in the complex and common areas. also the caretaker refuses to continue keeping me informed about suspected criminal activities taking place in my apt. To make things worse the reason given by the caretaker for not giving me more info is ...he is frightened. So I suspect probably the illegal sub-letter threatened him. To make things even worse I suspect the tenants will do all they can to prevent the sale of the property...ie tell or inform by other means the viewers what problems they will have with the tenants if they buy the apt.... the apt market value is 200000
    what if anything could i expect taking into account the above history
    PS the RTB know about all the above history but they do not consider the above to be bad so maybe they will buy the apt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

How much to just buy the tenants?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Without vacant possession you're restricted to cash buyers or large investors which is a very small subsection of the market. With that history you're going to struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

One option is bidx1

But on recent auctions places with tenants were difficult to sell and eventually sold for about 20-25% below market.

But the advantage is that once the hammer falls, it's sold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭dubrov

Can't you just issue an eviction notice as you plan to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

dubrov wrote: »
    Can't you just issue an eviction notice as you plan to sell?

Possibly the notice period is too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭dubrov

Darc19 wrote:
    Possibly the notice period is too long.

Well it's either that or take a massive hit on the sale price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,518 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Given what you describe, surely it would be counterproductive for the tenants to draw attention to themselves/their activities by contesting the eviction. What type of illegal activity are we talking about here?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

as suggested to you the last half dozen times you started similar threads, get legal advice.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement