Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Price Register

Options
  • 14-11-2020 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Will every house sold appear on Property Price Register? Have seen a few houses for sale and know they sold as saw people moving in but the house isn't on the register. How long after being sold will a house be up there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

It can take a good few months to show up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Marius34

Will every house sold appear on Property Price Register? Have seen a few houses for sale and know they sold as saw people moving in but the house isn't on the register. How long after being sold will a house be up there?

I'll say normally between 1 week up to 2 months.
    Sometimes there could be spelling mistakes, so make sure you don't look for exact address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

reply from PPR with regard to a similar query :

The Residential Property Price Register is compiled from data which is
    declared, for Stamp Duty purposes, to the Revenue Commissioners. The
    declaration is primarily filed electronically by persons doing the
    conveyancing of the property on behalf of the purchaser, usually their
    solicitor.

The Date of Sale that appears on the Register is the date that the sale
    closed. The entry may not appear immediately, as it depends on how quickly
    the declaration is made to Revenue. I believe that Revenue impose penalties
    for declarations not made within 30 days of the completion of sale.

The Register is updated every Wednesday and includes all declarations made
    to Revenue up to the close of business on the previous Friday. The date
    that the Register was last updated appears on the front page of the
    website.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SheepTurtle

Thanks everyone, I'll keep an eye for updates on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

It seems to take longer than 30 days in most cases, although seen a few around 14 days recently

😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Seems to be very inconsistent. I've seen properties appear on the register 18 months after the house has been sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

jon1981 wrote: »
    Seems to be very inconsistent. I've seen properties appear on the register 18 months after the house has been sold.

There can be numerous legal things happening that cause delays in the transfer of deeds, some can take many years to sort out, none of this is a function of the running of the price register.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

astrofool wrote: »
    There can be numerous legal things happening that cause delays in the transfer of deeds, some can take many years to sort out, none of this is a function of the running of the price register.

I didn't say it was. The fact remains, the timeline for when a property appears on the site is variable and inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

I know of two properties on the same road that sold around the same time in 2017 that have never appeared on the PPR. Using different versions of the five letter name of the road throws up nothing. I’m presuming there was a glitch at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

In the last week, there are two properties appear on the Cork results that are in Waterford.
    I wonder is it the quality of the files sent or processing error. Or deliberate. It looks like human error in those particular cases but I'd question the reliability of the data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Marius34

Sesame wrote: »
    In the last week, there are two properties appear on the Cork results that are in Waterford.
    I wonder is it the quality of the files sent or processing error. Or deliberate. It looks like human error in those particular cases but I'd question the reliability of the data.

My best guess: human errors.
    It appears to me, they have 3 fields to fill manually for Address, and one for price. All the rest like postal code, county are chosen from drop-down menu.
    I'm very surprised that they don't use Eircode, but instead someone manually types an address, which can be even none existing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Are you sure you're not just using the wrong search term? I thought I couldn't find my own place on the register but then I realised that they shorten the address quite often, so Botanic Road would be Botanic Rd, for example. I've had better success finding sale prices using neighbourhood names instead of specific addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

In my case above, the search I used was for a single word only and only narrowed down by year. I didn’t bother narrowing down by county or use road, avenue etc. as that can often be wrong or abbreviated. I also searched using a separate more common search term in the address, together with the house numbers and nothing came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Another anomaly is Lansdown Place. Claims to have nearly 100 sales yet only 9 on the PPR. No sales in the Nicholson building listed and they definitely sold at least 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

Smouse156 wrote: »
    Another anomaly is Lansdown Place. Claims to have nearly 100 sales yet only 9 on the PPR. No sales in the Nicholson building listed and they definitely sold at least 1.

Lansdowne isn't the easiest word to spell so I'd imagine a fair few are going missing on account of that. If you type in Templeton you can see 13 of those sold in Lansdowne place and I'm assuming some more that don't show up with that spelling!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Marius34 wrote: »
    I'm very surprised that they don't use Eircode, but instead someone manually types an address, which can be even none existing.

That's a big bugbear of mine, we introduce a new system that can accurately identify any unique property and then it doesn't get used by government systems.

I emailed them about it and basically got a it's not my job type response.

Advertisement