Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Signal

• 14-11-2020 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I have two sky boxes .Had Multi room when the kids could visit and stay .Cancelled one of the cards because it was not being used .However now on the cancelled card box I dont have even the free channels .Could do with RTE ect on this TV .Is there anything I can do about this .Just says no signal being received and press the red button .Any ideas guys .Thanks for reading ,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭decor58

cityboyjim wrote: »
    I have two sky boxes .Had Multi room when the kids could visit and stay .Cancelled one of the cards because it was not being used .However now on the cancelled card box I dont have even the free channels .Could do with RTE ect on this TV .Is there anything I can do about this .Just says no signal being received and press the red button .Any ideas guys .Thanks for reading ,

You won't get RTE on a Sky box without a subscription, you should be able to get some of the UK channels but I don't know the order. If it's an sd box unplug the box and remove the card, plug it back in and BBC1 should be on 101, it's not so straightforward on a HD box, the channels retain the subscription numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,538 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If the TV can get Saorview a cheap indoor aerial might do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cityboyjim

Thanks Guys .That makes sense alright .

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

cityboyjim wrote: »
    Thanks Guys .That makes sense alright .

I am getting all the saorview channels on my sky box without subscription. I only plugged in the box today after 5 years and they work. I had a quick google and saw a few articles saying they are available on sat for free. Is this only a recent thing? I dont pay for sky but have an old card. When I plug the card out, rte goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭decor58

I am getting all the saorview channels on my sky box without subscription. I only plugged in the box today after 5 years and they work. I had a quick google and saw a few articles saying they are available on sat for free. Is this only a recent thing? I dont pay for sky but have an old card. When I plug the card out, rte goes.

I have seen that before on a Sky box but as soon as the box polled the Saorview channels and any other ftv were gone. RTÉ is available on sat for free but not from the same satellite as Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

decor58 wrote: »
    I have seen that before on a Sky box but as soon as the box polled the Saorview channels and any other ftv were gone. RTÉ is available on sat for free but not from the same satellite as Sky.

Still there today anyway. I wonder how long they will last

Advertisement