Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The leaving cert saga is drawing to a close

• 14-11-2020 2:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭

Dear all,

The leaving cert exams start this week. Some of you may be correcting these exams, some may even be supervising the exams in your own school (how this is acceptable is beyond me).

It is thanks to Norma's algorithm that I must sit three exams. Expecting us to sit exams having been out of school for 9 months, is an insufferable ask.

We have been forgotten about. The algorithm was not meant to score political points for addressing educational inequality. In scrapping standardization these grades lost all credibility.

I start with English on Saturday and I implore whomever corrects my exams to take these extenuating circumstances into account.

I know it is the SEC's plan to ensure there is as little fluctuation as possible between our calculated grades and leaving cert grades. You as chief examiners have the power to change this.

I wish all my fellow students the best of luck in these exams. We paid the price so that the underserving may attend college.

My own teachers have been great in giving of their time to prepare me for these exams and I know the majority didn't want this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭History Queen

soso02 wrote: »
    Dear all,

The leaving cert exams start this week. Some of you may be correcting these exams, some may even be supervising the exams in your own school (how this is acceptable is beyond me).

It is thanks to Norma's algorithm that I must sit three exams. Expecting us to sit exams having been out of school for 9 months, is an insufferable ask.

We have been forgotten about. The algorithm was not meant to score political points for addressing educational inequality. In scrapping standardization these grades lost all credibility.

I start with English on Saturday and I implore whomever corrects my exams to take these extenuating circumstances into account.

I know it is the SEC's plan to ensure there is as little fluctuation as possible between our calculated grades and leaving cert grades. You as chief examiners have the power to change this.

I wish all my fellow students the best of luck in these exams. We paid the price so that the underserving may attend college.

My own teachers have been great in giving of their time to prepare me for these exams and I know the majority didn't want this.

Best of luck in your exams. Examiners will apply the marking scheme and cannot and should not be influenced be outside factors.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The examiner will apply the marking scheme, to suggest otherwise is an insult.

Thread closed.
    Rereg account (again).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement