If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Q80T

Options
  • 14-11-2020 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Tv is in bad need of upgrading, so I'm looking at picking up something new. I've been looking at the Samsung Q80T.

I just had a quick query on it - the 49" would be a better fit for the space it will be placed in, but I've read that the 49" model uses a different panel which doesn't support HFR/VFR and with a worse viewing angle. Is the 55" the smallest that has the better panel?

Anything else in that price range with comparable features (Alexa support is important in the household) the future proofing of hdmi 2.1/100hz@4k but in a 49" panel?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Tv is in bad need of upgrading, so I'm looking at picking up something new. I've been looking at the Samsung Q80T.

I just had a quick query on it - the 49" would be a better fit for the space it will be placed in, but I've read that the 49" model uses a different panel which doesn't support HFR/VFR and with a worse viewing angle. Is the 55" the smallest that has the better panel?

Anything else in that price range with comparable features (Alexa support is important in the household) the future proofing of hdmi 2.1/100hz@4k but in a 49" panel?
    Hi Fionn1952,

Thanks for the post!

You are right, the 49Q80T does not support VRR, you would need to go to the 55" version for that. They both you Full Array VA panels but the motion processor is different in both!

For a 49" that supports VRR you would be looking at the LG 49NANO866 Nano Cell TV!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

Hi Fionn1952,

Thanks for the post!

You are right, the 49Q80T does not support VRR, you would need to go to the 55" version for that. They both you Full Array VA panels but the motion processor is different in both!

For a 49" that supports VRR you would be looking at the LG 49NANO866 Nano Cell TV!

Kind regards

David

How would the LG Nano compare with the Q80T, David?

I've read a few reports of brightness issues with the LG models until you move up to the OLED side of things, and the Q80T is already pushing it on the budget without the missus having an aneurysm!

The 55" isn't a deal breaker as such, more of an inconvenience - my TV is stored flat but viewed at 90° from it's mounting point. With the current 50" TV it only has about 4mm of clearance when fully extended, so I'd have to look into a new wall mounting set up.

Hi Fionn1952,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David

How would the LG Nano compare with the Q80T, David?

I've read a few reports of brightness issues with the LG models until you move up to the OLED side of things, and the Q80T is already pushing it on the budget without the missus having an aneurysm!

The 55" isn't a deal breaker as such, more of an inconvenience - my TV is stored flat but viewed at 90° from it's mounting point. With the current 50" TV it only has about 4mm of clearance when fully extended, so I'd have to look into a new wall mounting set up.
    Hi Fionn1952,

I would still probably go with the Q80T as it is a higher spec model than the Nano Cell with a better panel and also better motion!

The OLEDs definitely are at the top of the pile but the 48" version starts off at £1479!

Kind regards

David

Hi Fionn1952,

I would still probably go with the Q80T as it is a higher spec model than the Nano Cell with a better panel and also better motion!

The OLEDs definitely are at the top of the pile but the 48" version starts off at £1479!

Kind regards

David

Well I'll definitely be putting an order in David, but I'll hold off until we see the lay of the land come Black Friday. Maybe I'll get lucky and an OLED will drop into my range. If not, I'll go with the Q80T.

Hi Fionn1952,

Kind regards

David

Well I'll definitely be putting an order in David, but I'll hold off until we see the lay of the land come Black Friday. Maybe I'll get lucky and an OLED will drop into my range. If not, I'll go with the Q80T.
    No problem at all Fionn1952! Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

• Advertisement

Hi folks, any stock coming in on these any time soon? It seems to be gone off your site?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi folks, any stock coming in on these any time soon? It seems to be gone off your site?
    Hi Fionn1952.

We hope to have more arriving shortly but no concrete date just yet.

It has been dropped off of our site due to the stock levels.

If it is the 49Q80T that you are after we can take a temporary order from you that will put you in the queue for when they do land.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Kenny,

It was the 55", as I wanted the VRR support. When are you expecting stock on those? Do you already have a hefty waiting list on them?

Cheers

Hi Kenny,

It was the 55", as I wanted the VRR support. When are you expecting stock on those? Do you already have a hefty waiting list on them?

Cheers
    Hi Fionn1952.

The 55Q80T is also out of stock.

There will be small amounts of them arriving in over the next few weeks but securing on it would say will be very difficult as back orders get cleared first and stock is shared between ourselves and the .co.uk website and all the other stores :(

We currently have a few order at this end on them.

Hi Fionn1952.

There will be small amounts of them arriving in over the next few weeks but securing on it would say will be very difficult as back orders get cleared first and stock is shared between ourselves and the .co.uk website and all the other stores :(

I'm actually glad enough to hear it, Kenny....I've now talked the missus into going for one of the LG OLEDs instead. Is the performance between the BX and CX noticeable? Particularly regarding brightness?

What's best price on each at 55", delivered to Meath and expected delivery timelines? Are both in stock?

• Advertisement

Hi Fionn1952.

I'm actually glad enough to hear it, Kenny....I've now talked the missus into going for one of the LG OLEDs instead. Is the performance between the BX and CX noticeable? Particularly regarding brightness?

What's best price on each at 55", delivered to Meath and expected delivery timelines? Are both in stock?
    Hi Fionn1952.

Its always good when you get the go ahead for the missus :)

The CX has the gen 9 processor and all its HDMI inputs are 2.1.
    The CX does have the better image.

55BX currently priced at 1249 Euro
    The 55CX priced at 1449 Euro

Prices include delivery and our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Both are currently in stock but selling super fast.

Hi Fionn1952.

Great, Kenny. Any chance of a call tomorrow on it, or is it best just going through the site?

Hi Fionn1952.

Great, Kenny. Any chance of a call tomorrow on it, or is it best just going through the site?
    Hi Fionn1952.

Yea I can pencil you in for a call tomorrow morning.

if you PM me you contact number.

You can of course just order straight on our .ie website and it will dispatched out to you.

PM sent, Kenny

PM sent, Kenny
    Cheers Fionn1952 :)

Hi Kenny, I didn't hear back from you today, so I figured you guys were swamped and just went ahead with an order for the 55CX on the website. What sort of delivery times are you dealing with to Meath at the moment?

Hi Kenny, I didn't hear back from you today, so I figured you guys were swamped and just went ahead with an order for the 55CX on the website. What sort of delivery times are you dealing with to Meath at the moment?
    Hey Fionn1952.

I do apologies.

I'm still working at the moment its been that busy :)

Delivery should be 2-4 days and our courier will drop you a text with delivery details.

If you drop me name in a PM I can make sure all go according to plan with it.

Thanks again for the order.

Happens to the best of us, Kenny. I guessed today would be mental for you guys so don't stress it.

I've dropped over a PM with name and order number.

Happens to the best of us, Kenny. I guessed today would be mental for you guys so don't stress it.

I've dropped over a PM with name and order number.
    Thanks Fionn1952 :)

Hi folks,

While I'm delighted with the picture quality, I'm looking to add a soundbar to the mix.

I don't have the budget for this that I had for the TV (mostly because the wife was easier to persuade on the gradual creeping TV budget), but I'm essentially looking for something that would be a good match for the LG CX, with solid bass response (so I've been looking for bars with subs but I'm open to advice if there is a bar without a sub you think can compete) and good Alexa integration. Footprint isn't a huge issue (I have an empty 850x400x200mm shelf beneath the TV for it).

I had been looking at something in around the Denon dhts416, but I wasn't sure if it is a noticeable step up over the native TV quality at this sort of budget level, and also wasn't sure if it was Alexa compatible.

Open to advise on something in that ballpark (and have to chance the arm and ask what your best price is after the TV investment).

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

While I'm delighted with the picture quality, I'm looking to add a soundbar to the mix.

I don't have the budget for this that I had for the TV (mostly because the wife was easier to persuade on the gradual creeping TV budget), but I'm essentially looking for something that would be a good match for the LG CX, with solid bass response (so I've been looking for bars with subs but I'm open to advice if there is a bar without a sub you think can compete) and good Alexa integration. Footprint isn't a huge issue (I have an empty 850x400x200mm shelf beneath the TV for it).

I had been looking at something in around the Denon dhts416, but I wasn't sure if it is a noticeable step up over the native TV quality at this sort of budget level, and also wasn't sure if it was Alexa compatible.

Open to advise on something in that ballpark (and have to chance the arm and ask what your best price is after the TV investment).
    Hi Fionn1952.

Thanks for coming back to us and glad to here you are enjoying your new television :)

The Denon DHTS416 does a very good job for the money and is well spec'd.
    There would be a noticeable difference is sound between this and the TV speakers.

We just taken delivery of the Polk Signa S3 which we are offering at £249 (it has not made it to our website just yet).
    https://en.polkaudio.com/shop/polkaudio-soundbars/signas3

We are also waiting on an update on stock on the Yamaha Yas207 which is also priced at £299
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202832-yamaha-yas207-soundbar-system.aspx

Hi Fionn1952.

Thanks for coming back to us and glad to here you are enjoying your new television :)

There would be a noticeable difference is sound between this and the TV speakers.

We just taken delivery of the Polk Signa S3 which we are offering at £249 (it has not made it to our website just yet).

We are also waiting on an update on stock on the Yamaha Yas207 which is also priced at £299

Thanks Kenny, curious about what level of Alexa integration is available on all three, and also which you'd personally recommend from a general audio fidelity perspective?

If a slight increase in budget would result in a significant improvement in quality, I could go a bit higher, but that €350/400 ballpark is where I'd be most comfortable.

Hi Fionn1952.

Thanks Kenny, curious about what level of Alexa integration is available on all three, and also which you'd personally recommend from a general audio fidelity perspective?

If a slight increase in budget would result in a significant improvement in quality, I could go a bit higher, but that €350/400 ballpark is where I'd be most comfortable.
    Hey Fionn1952.

To be honest the YAS207 and YAS209 Yamaha's where the most popular and always sell out pretty quickly. They performed very well indeed.
    The YAS209 is due Feb but no date confirmed just yet.
    The Denon 416 is a close 2nd and I've yet to hear the S3 as they only arrived in with us yesterday. (The Polk S2 does sound good so I expect the S2 to be better again).

I've not tried Alexa on them but I would say it will be the usual "Switch on and off" "Volume up and down" and "Switch source"

You could go up to the Sony HT-G700 at 399 Euro. it can play Atmos sound tracks but you lose out the Alexa features.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204780-sony-ht-g700-soundbar.aspx

Above that you hit the Sonos Beam priced at 419 Euro (I use one of these at home myself) - No subwoofer included but it still produces a decent amount - Although the base can not be compared to a separate subwoofer).
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203473-sonos-beam-black-inc-6-year-warranty-compact-smart-soundbar-with-amazon-alexa-voice-control.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Hey Fionn1952.

To be honest the YAS207 and YAS209 Yamaha's where the most popular and always sell out pretty quickly. They performed very well indeed.
    The Denon 416 is a close 2nd and I've yet to hear the S3 as they only arrived in with us yesterday. (The Polk S2 does sound good so I expect the S2 to be better again).

I've not tried Alexa on them but I would say it will be the usual "Switch on and off" "Volume up and down" and "Switch source"

You could go up to the Sony HT-G700 at 399 Euro. it can play Atmos sound tracks but you lose out the Alexa features.

Above that you hit the Sonos Beam priced at 419 Euro (I use one of these at home myself) - No subwoofer included but it still produces a decent amount - Although the base can not be compared to a separate subwoofer).
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203473-sonos-beam-black-inc-6-year-warranty-compact-smart-soundbar-with-amazon-alexa-voice-control.aspx

Looking into a few reviews, it seems the Yamaha YAS209 hits closest to what I'm looking for. Do you have a waiting list when it comes in stock already?

Hey Fionn1952.

Looking into a few reviews, it seems the Yamaha YAS209 hits closest to what I'm looking for. Do you have a waiting list when it comes in stock already?
    Hey Fionn1952.

It is really hard to beat the Yamaha's.

I can pop a no obligation order onto our system for you to get in in line for stock arriving.
    Drop me your name and address in a PM and I can get you on our system.

Once I get confirmation of stock arriving I can call you to finalise the order.

Hey Fionn1952.

I can pop a no obligation order onto our system for you to get in in line for stock arriving.

Hi Kenny, any sign of this or an ETA approaching?

Hey Fionn1952.

Hi Kenny, any sign of this or an ETA approaching?
    Hi Fionn1952,

We are still waiting for an ETA on the Yamaha bars unfortunately!

As soon as we have one we'll let you know though!

Kind regards

David

Gents, someone phoned me about this absolutely ages ago and it just fell off the radar with a few things going on. Finally remembered and spotted it in stock on the website today, so I've gone ahead and ordered through that.

Gents, someone phoned me about this absolutely ages ago and it just fell off the radar with a few things going on. Finally remembered and spotted it in stock on the website today, so I've gone ahead and ordered through that.
    No problem at all Fionn1952 :)

Thanks for the order and we will get it dispatched out to you ASAP.

Our courier will then be in touch with the delivery details.

• Advertisement

No problem at all Fionn1952 :)

Thanks for the order and we will get it dispatched out to you ASAP.

Our courier will then be in touch with the delivery details.

Cheers, Kenny.

Quick thing to check considering all A/V shops down here are closed; will there be a suitable HDMI packaged in with the soundbar? I don't think I've any spares and I don't want to be looking at it sitting in a box while waiting for one to be delivered!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.