Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHPP

Options
  • 15-11-2020 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi. I have planning for a new build. I am a civil engineer but never worked in the house building sector. That said, I designed and got planning etc myself for the build. I have also read up a lot on passive house. I have detailed the construction type fairly well but am looking for someone to run my design through the PHPP to give me a steer that I am going in the right direction.
    Masonry cavity with a sloped dormer ie icynene or similar in 225mm rafters....
    I suppose I want it to inform whether I need to put insulated plasterboard on the inner leaf of the external wall and roof...
    Cheers for any comments

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Go and do the course. Id recommend it, or contact a consultant who will do the assessment for a fee, which would be roughly the same cost minus your time. If you just want to understand your minimum u-value requirements Then read part L TGD. Have you worked out the thermal bridge details on this construction set of drawings?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Moggaman

BryanF wrote: »
    Go and do the course. Id recommend it, or contact a consultant who will do the assessment for a fee, which would be roughly the same cost minus your time. If you just want to understand your minimum u-value requirements Then read part L TGD. Have you worked out the thermal bridge details on this construction set of drawings?

Thanks. In relation to thermal bridging , well the design is super simple to make it cost effective to build and reduce thermal bridging and the need to produce lots of thermal bridging details.

In relation to the foundation , I realise that there is thermal bridge but I will reduce that through Thermal blocks on the inner leaf Over 2 courses from ffl down as well as 50mm insulation vertically between the floor slab and the inner leaf.
    In plan view, the house is a rectangle with an A roof..not many areas for thermal bridging there bar the standard window , door details and velux windows details.
    do I need to worry about thermal bridging from wall ties?.
    Where is the training course for the PHPP do U know?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Moggaman

Moggaman wrote: »
    Thanks. In relation to thermal bridging , well the design is super simple to make it cost effective to build and reduce thermal bridging and the need to produce lots of thermal bridging details.

In relation to the foundation , I realise that there is thermal bridge but I will reduce that through Thermal blocks on the inner leaf Over 2 courses from ffl down as well as 50mm insulation vertically between the floor slab and the inner leaf.
    In plan view, the house is a rectangle with an A roof..not many areas for thermal bridging there bar the standard window , door details and velux windows details.
    do I need to worry about thermal bridging from wall ties?.
    Where is the training course for the PHPP do U know?
    Thanks

@Biker1 PM sent

Advertisement