Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Accessories

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

jenno86 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues charging their controller? No wall charger will work for me, I've tried several including 40w ones. It only seems to charge from the console.

Charged no worries with my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra charger. Have you any Samsung chargers around?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Indeed, the 3D audio works with any headset.

That's what I thought, cheers, no need to go changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Wouldn't surprise me, the DS3 and SixAxis for the PS3 had a similar lock out and would only charge via console or dock.

Interesting
    madmoe wrote: »
    Charged no worries with my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra charger. Have you any Samsung chargers around?

Cheers,
    M

I've tryed an Anker 65w, Apple, OnePlus and some other random ones and none of them charge it. I've actually ordered a Samsung 25w already for my S21 so I'll try that next week when it arrives!

Interesting

I've tryed an Anker 65w, Apple, OnePlus and some other random ones and none of them charge it. I've actually ordered a Samsung 25w already for my S21 so I'll try that next week when it arrives!

Interested to know how you get on with the S21 charger mate. Is is the S21 Ultra you are getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Interesting

I find that it works on my 18W and 20W USB C Apple power adapters but on the 29W or higher ones it won’t charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I bought one of these lads off Amazon and I'm actually pretty impressed with it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08SLPG664/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't know why but I just don't really like the official controller doc. It feels too 'statementy', and in my unit the PS5 is statementy enough. I went for this one as it has little magsafe style USB C dongles that plug into the top of the controller and then line up with the charging ports on the stand with magnets. It's not the flashiest bit of kit but it blends in well enough with my setup, would recommend.

Interested to know how you get on with the S21 charger mate. Is is the S21 Ultra you are getting?

Charger arrived today and hey presto it works! Its the standard S21 that I got, bought the official 25w 'Super Fast Charger' as I am missing my Warp charge from my OnePlus 6.

Charger arrived today and hey presto it works! Its the standard S21 that I got, bought the official 25w 'Super Fast Charger' as I am missing my Warp charge from my OnePlus 6.

How much was it and where did you buy it mate?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Steelseries 7p is back in stock on Amazon Europe sites for anyone looking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Finally my Arctis 7x has been delivered, now to get home and play around with them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

Kimbot wrote: »
    Finally my Arctis 7x has been delivered, now to get home and play around with them :D

Where did you order from? Went looking this morning but no 7x or 7p in stock anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nedd wrote: »
    Where did you order from? Went looking this morning but no 7x or 7p in stock anywhere.

The 7x has only been available directly from the Steelseries website.

You can easily find 12% off codes for them dropping the price of the 7x to about €160.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Bought direct from steelseries with a discount code.
    The 7x has only been available directly from the Steelseries website.

You can easily find 12% off codes for them dropping the price of the 7x to about €160.

Several codes online, mine was 156.10 delivered :)

How much was it and where did you buy it mate?

Thanks,
    M

This is the one!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08446RFPX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bought direct from steelseries with a discount code.

Several codes online, mine was 156.10 delivered :)

Out of stock on steelseries site. I will keep an eye out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You could always go for the Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox. Same internals as the 7x, just with a less robust headband and a different mic. Costs €120, comes with a 1 month Xbox GPU subscription.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8892904/Trail/searchtext%3EARCTIS.htm

Having used both Arctis 7 and 1 headsets I can confirm they have the same quality. As I said the mic isn't as good and the headband is a bit less robust or comfortable.

Yeah I notice that Friday night or Saturday morning stock will appear so it's worth the wait. I tried them for an hour already and I have to say I really like them. The headband is great, I found my last headset just wasn't really comfy anymore and this is a huge improvement. Sound quality is really good so far. Will try it on my pc now in a while and see how it is on that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fillum

Anyone have any luck getting the DualSense charging dock lately? Can't get my hands on one

fillum wrote: »
    Anyone have any luck getting the DualSense charging dock lately? Can't get my hands on one

Are you set on getting the sony one?

Ideally yeah, unless theres a solid alternative?

• Advertisement

Super, I'm going to pick this one up, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

IS the Pulse headset OOS everywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

mathie wrote: »
    IS the Pulse headset OOS everywhere?

was in gamestop until recently anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

in stock now anyway

Arctis 7p Black are in stock on the steelseries site now. You need an account on the site to get them.

Use promo code Newsletter10 to get 10% off.

Arctis 7p Black are in stock on the steelseries site now. You need an account on the site to get them.

WACKY12 gets you 12 or 15% off ;)

Did you manage to order yours?

Did you manage to order yours?

Yes. Went with the 6p. I have never owned an XBox so not too worried. Happier with the black as well.

• Advertisement

Yes. Went with the 6p. I have never owned an XBox so not too worried. Happier with the black as well.

Nice, I was going to get the 7p but my young lad has an xbox so I said id pick the 7x up for when hes over in mine and needs a headset :)

Advertisement