Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone an Ecologist?

Options
  • 15-11-2020 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone on here work as a consultant ecologist, any grade? Can I be cheeky and ask a general salary range (PM if prefer)

I am currently working as an ecologist, in England (lived here since I was a teenager, but originally from Ireland) and strongly considering moving back to Ireland. However with rent etc being insane I want a vague ball park figure for whether I'd be looking at buying (I own a house in England atm), renting alone/sharing a house etc and whether it would be worth it for the money.

There's not many job ads about atm (possibly the market/covid, also the time of year) and none are giving a salary range, all just say "competitive"

Any advice appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Tails142

I would imagine it to be in the 40k to 60k depending on experience.

I'm not an ecologist myself but work in construction, I understand there's a shortage and a lot of work out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tinkerbee

Tails142 wrote: »
    I would imagine it to be in the 40k to 60k depending on experience.

I'm not an ecologist myself but work in construction, I understand there's a shortage and a lot of work out there.

Thanks :) That's a bit more promising than I was expecting. Good to hear there's a shortage perhaps haha, I do remember a fair few adverts around the beginnning of the year (although pre covid...) and kicking myself for not being more organised then. Thanks

4 very interesting roles with NPWS, there will be stiff competition for these

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/job-search?category=-1&searchphrase=ecologist

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tinkerbee

4 very interesting roles with NPWS, there will be stiff competition for these

Thanks, will take a look :)

Advertisement