If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV and soundbar package

Options
  • 15-11-2020 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was thinking of upgrading my 2018-era entry level 55'' OLED Panasonic.  TV is ok, but a bit light on features at this stage and it was always a bit underwhelming in a few areas. 

I will be getting Xbox Series X, so gaming features are a consideration in the upgrade. I was also hoping to have something with reasonably decent sound.

I've looked at the LG CX range, which seems to tick most of the boxes for game features. I see you guys have this at €1979 for the 65''.

The other option I was looking at was the Samsung QE65Q90T which is €1999. This isn't as featureful on the gaming side, but still should do the job. I think it should perform better in daylight/brighter room (sometimes an issue with the Panasonic). It looks like a nice OS, but main point is it seems to have better sound options, particularly if integrated via Q-Symphony ith a Samsung soundbar like the Samsung HWQ800T, for example. I presume the "half-price" offer mentioned on the Samsung soundbar pages is gone?

If I got the LG CX with a Sonos Arc or LG SN9YG, how would that compare sound-wise to the Samsung package above? Sonos offers better scalability in the long-term. Is there an advantage (or a bonus!) in getting LG sound with LG tv?

I'll probably hold for Black Friday, even though I'm more hopeful of drops/offers for the soundbars than on more movement on the tv prices! Basic idea would be to get things done for circa €2500.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Druss,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - both TV's are excellent for gaming but if you are looking at a TV with more brightness I would come down slightly in favour of the QLED over the OLED - you do sacrifice some picture quality but the functionality in a brighter room does make up for this..

On the 1/2 price soundbar - that offer is finished at the moment unfortunately. ON pairing, most soundbars will work pretty well across platforms but of course it is best to put Sammy with Sammy etc - however as you say the SONOS will give you far better networking and scalability to expand your audio into a proper multi-room system.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Hi Druss,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - both TV's are excellent for gaming but if you are looking at a TV with more brightness I would come down slightly in favour of the QLED over the OLED - you do sacrifice some picture quality but the functionality in a brighter room does make up for this..

On the 1/2 price soundbar - that offer is finished at the moment unfortunately. ON pairing, most soundbars will work pretty well across platforms but of course it is best to put Sammy with Sammy etc - however as you say the SONOS will give you far better networking and scalability to expand your audio into a proper multi-room system.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    No delay at all from my perspective. Sure I only sent the enquiry on Sunday evening and you replied first thing on Monday morning!

Appreciate the information. The Samsung tv itself will work fine with a VESA mount, I presume? I see there is a mention of a No-Gap wall mount  but I don't think I can use that. Builders provided a nook designed for a smaller tv to sit in..probably 43'' or so. The 55'' barely covers it. Part of the reason I'm reaching for a 65'' is to be sure that I cover it completely, but I wouldn't be able to put the tv flush to the wall. 

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

druss wrote: »
    Hi,

I was thinking of upgrading my 2018-era entry level 55'' OLED Panasonic.  TV is ok, but a bit light on features at this stage and it was always a bit underwhelming in a few areas. 

I will be getting Xbox Series X, so gaming features are a consideration in the upgrade. I was also hoping to have something with reasonably decent sound.

I've looked at the LG CX range, which seems to tick most of the boxes for game features. I see you guys have this at €1979 for the 65''.

The other option I was looking at was the Samsung QE65Q90T which is €1999. This isn't as featureful on the gaming side, but still should do the job. I think it should perform better in daylight/brighter room (sometimes an issue with the Panasonic). It looks like a nice OS, but main point is it seems to have better sound options, particularly if integrated via Q-Symphony ith a Samsung soundbar like the Samsung HWQ800T, for example. I presume the "half-price" offer mentioned on the Samsung soundbar pages is gone?

If I got the LG CX with a Sonos Arc or LG SN9YG, how would that compare sound-wise to the Samsung package above? Sonos offers better scalability in the long-term. Is there an advantage (or a bonus!) in getting LG sound with LG tv?

I'll probably hold for Black Friday, even though I'm more hopeful of drops/offers for the soundbars than on more movement on the tv prices! Basic idea would be to get things done for circa €2500.

Thanks
    Hi Druss.

The 65Q90T uses Vesa 400 x 400 for mounting on a wall bracket.
    The no Gap wall mount is only for some of the Samsung QLEDS but not the 65Q90T unfortunately.

The half price Samsung soundbar is now finished but there is a deal running of £20 - £200 off a Samsung soundbar but only on the 4 listed in the link below:
    https://www.richersounds.com/brands/samsung-soundbar-1120.html

Personally I really like the Sonos ARC and it would be a  great addition to any television setup :) 
    The only advantage of going for the same brand of soundbar as the TV is that the TV remote might control some but not all of the features on the soundbar.

The CX range was reduced just a few days ago to it current price of 1979 Euro and is one heck of a TV!!

If you are waiting on Black Friday just drop us a post or PM if anything goes low enough to catch your eye.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.