Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

greenspurs wrote: »
    even covid ?

yes. do you really need that explained to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

yes. do you really need that explained to you?

not by anyone on here ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

not by anyone on here ....

as you had to ask the question then clearly someone needs to explain it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

even covid ?

Are you serious? are you trolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Decreased significantly because every one is wearing masks, social distancing, etc. Those measures impact all infectious illnesses.

so the masks & social distancing, etc have worked to significantly reduce influenza transmission, but they have been useless to stop the rise in cases for COVID?

We are in big trouble then when his 70% more transmissible big brother gets going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Ok folks, if you really want to know what this farce is about check out the world economic forum and wake up.

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Ok folks, if you really want to know what this farce is about check out the world economic forum and wake up.

So far we've had:

* The Communists will be taking over the world
    * The NWO have been putting skulls on childrens clothing and will be taking over
    * It's a big plan by the rich people (except Trump)
    * The anti-Christ (mark of the Beast)

Which one of those, or do you have one you would like to add?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

So far we've had:

* The Communists will be taking over the world
    * The NWO have been putting skulls on childrens clothing and will be taking over
    * It's a big plan by the rich people (except Trump)
    * The anti-Christ (mark of the Beast)

Which one of those, or do you have one you would like to add?

Technocracy is the end goal. Patrick M Wood explained it all in an interview with James Delingpole. He said that the Great Reset has been years in the making. A technocratic hell full of health passports, QR codes, and mass surveillance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Quiner wrote: »
    Technocracy is the end goal. Patrick M Wood explained it all in an interview with James Delingpole. He said that the Great Reset has been years in the making. A technocratic hell full of health passports, QR codes, and mass surveillance.

What is this obsession with QR codes? They are just text. You might as well be scared of a stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

And you believe him? Why? What makes him a authority on anything?

James Deligpole of Breitbart News btw.

Here he is, being utterly humiliated on TV

Whats the benefit to anyone of mass surveillance? "They" can do that already if they wanted to anyway.

• Advertisement

What is this obsession with QR codes? They are just text. You might as well be scared of a stamp.

The point is that it's another example of our lives being more and more ruled by technology. I was in London recently and tried to buy a cup of tea at a Christmas market. The guy wanted me to sign up to some website, download an app, and then scan my phone so that it'd be safe for him to put a tea bag in a cup.

It's out of Schwab's 4th Industrial Revolution playbook.

The point is that it's another example of our lives being more and more ruled by technology. I was in London recently and tried to buy a cup of tea at a Christmas market. The guy wanted me to sign up to some website, download an app, and then scan my phone so that it'd be safe for him to put a tea bag in a cup.

It's out of Schwab's 4th Industrial Revolution playbook.

QR codes are not tech. They are compressed text. I know the unknown can be scary but make a small effort to educate yourself please.

QR codes are not tech. They are compressed text. I know the unknown can be scary but make a small effort to educate yourself please.

I meant using the phone.

I meant using the phone.

Some barista asking you sign up to their newsletter is neither scary, controlling or part of a conspiracy.

Paranoia is the real reason for all this. People have an obsession/fantasy that a "they" are always just about to "take over the world". When you've been reading conspiracy forums for a few years you spot the pattern quick enough. After this economic forum, the paranoid will focus on the next one, and so on and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Can't believe this thread has generated 24 pages.

Paranoia is the real reason for all this. People have an obsession/fantasy that a "they" are always just about to "take over the world". When you've been reading conspiracy forums for a few years you spot the pattern quick enough. After this economic forum, the paranoid will focus on the next one, and so on and so on.

Is the following quote from Klaus Schwab nothing to worry about:

"Just as we humans separated from our chimpanzee cousins, cyborgs will also separate from humans. Those that remain human are likely to become a subspecies. They will be the chimpanzees of the future."

There's no conspiracy theory. It's right out of the horse's mouth. Do you fancy being a cyborg?

Some barista asking you sign up to their newsletter is neither scary, controlling or part of a conspiracy.

It is if the person doesn't have a smart phone. It controls what they can do.

It's another example of making life as difficult as possible for people to wear them down and demoralise them.

It is if the person doesn't have a smart phone. It controls what they can do.

It's another example of making life as difficult as possible for people to wear them down and demoralise them.

I think it's an example that some conspiracy theorists have issues.

I think it's an example that some conspiracy theorists have issues.

So what's a person who doesn't have a smart phone supposed to do if the pub, the café, the the cinema, basically everywhere, insists on scanning the phone?

• Advertisement

So what's a person who doesn't have a smart phone supposed to do if the pub, the café, the the cinema, basically everywhere, insists on scanning the phone?

Then they can't sign up to get 10% off their 5th skinny choco laté.

Not a conspiracy, not control, not scary. Stop taking innocuous things and building them up into something ominous in your head. It's not good for you.

Is the following quote from Klaus Schwab nothing to worry about:

"Just as we humans separated from our chimpanzee cousins, cyborgs will also separate from humans. Those that remain human are likely to become a subspecies. They will be the chimpanzees of the future."

There's no conspiracy theory. It's right out of the horse's mouth. Do you fancy being a cyborg?

Lol. It's not literal.

Where's this from, which book, what's the context? All I am finding is conspiracy loon sites taking this exact quote to scare their readers into thinking "you vill become a cyborg".

Lol. It's not literal.

Where's this from, which book, what's the context? All I am finding is conspiracy loon sites taking this exact quote to scare their readers into thinking "you vill become a cyborg".

Not literal? Then what does it mean? It's from The Great Reset.

Not literal? Then what does it mean? It's from The Great Reset.

It's not literal. It's a quote without context from a book

Have you read the book? Unlikely.

So you have no idea of the context. If someone can find this book online I'll explain the context behind this selective quote.

It's not literal. It's a quote without context from a book

Have you read the book? Unlikely.

So you have no idea of the context. If someone can find this book online I'll explain the context behind this selective quote.

I'd be interested to know what the context is. Have you read excerpts from his book? It's horrifying. He is an extremely dangerous individual.

I'd be interested to know what the context is. Have you read excerpts from his book? It's horrifying. He is an extremely dangerous individual.

The only "horrifying" thing I've seen so far is the way that conspiracy theorists misinterpret passages from the book. Have you read the book yes or no?

The only "horrifying" thing I've seen so far is the way that conspiracy theorists misinterpret passages from the book. Have you read the book yes or no?

Can you explain what he means?

Part of the book. I have ordered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Can you explain what he means?

Part of the book. I have ordered it.
    Why have you not read the book?
    The last guy who claimed all the stuff you did didn't read it because he was too lazy.
    What's your excuse?

King Mob wrote: »
    Why have you not read the book?
    The last guy who claimed all the stuff you did didn't read it because he was too lazy.
    What's your excuse?

I've ordered the book and will read it when it comes. I've read excerpts from it, and articles about it that quote from the book.

Can you explain what Schwab means by the following:

Those words specifically. What do they mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I've ordered the book and will read it when it comes. I've read excerpts from it, and articles about it that quote from the book.
    Why do you believe all this guff when you haven't even read the book yet?

Why do you think that so many of your fellow conspiracy theorists have also been too lazy or too scared to read the book?
    Can you explain what Schwab means by the following:

Those words specifically. What do they mean?
    I don't know. I haven't read the book and haven't seen any particular need to.
    All the people who claim these quotes are scary and upsetting to them can't seem to explain why and they run away when people ask them difficult questions.
    I suspect you will do the same.

Advertisement