Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

King Mob wrote: »
    Why do you believe all this guff when you haven't even read the book yet?

Why do you think that so many of your fellow conspiracy theorists have also been too lazy or too scared to read the book?

I don't know. I haven't read the book and haven't seen any particular need to.
    All the people who claim these quotes are scary and upsetting to them can't seem to explain why and they run away when people ask them difficult questions.
    I suspect you will do the same.

I don't think it's that people are too lazy to read the book, but that because so much has been written about Schwab and his book and reset that it's not necessary to read the entire book. Reading excerpts is enough to know that he has crazy ideas.

So you won't answer the question. Grand. I can explain why it's scary to me. I don't want to be a cyborg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Quiner wrote: »
    I don't think it's that people are too lazy to read the book, but that because so much has been written about Schwab and his book and reset that it's not necessary to read the entire book. Reading excerpts is enough to know that he has crazy ideas.

So you won't answer the question. Grand. I can explain why it's scary to me. I don't want to be a cyborg.

But the ideas are taken totally out of context and spun by someone else. Like your above quote... What's the context? What does he mean by cyborg? My mate has a fake metal leg after losing it in an accident... Technically he could be a cyborg... See how easy that was...

EyesClosed wrote: »
    But the ideas are taken totally out of context and spun by someone else. Like your above quote... What's the context? What does he mean by cyborg? My mate has a fake metal leg after losing it in an accident... Technically he could be a cyborg... See how easy that was...

He writes that "(t)hose that remain human are likely to become a subspecies. They will be the chimpanzees of the future.".

He is saying that human beings will be a subspecies. Black and white.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But how do you know these excepts are in context and not being deceptively edited and twisted by conspiracy theorists.
    As we've seen by the behaviour of conspiracy theorists, yourself included, they are very very dishonest and more than willing to manipulate things.
    So you won't answer the question.
    But I did answer your questions directly and succulently.
    I don't know what he meant and I don't have any reason to care.
    Grand. I can explain why it's scary to me. I don't want to be a cyborg.
    Lol.
    No worries then.
    The Borg aren't real. They're only in Star Trek. And even then they'll be in the Delta Quadrant until the 2300's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

He writes that "(t)hose that remain human are likely to become a subspecies. They will be the chimpanzees of the future.".

He is saying that human beings will be a subspecies. Black and white.

How do you know that's what he means if you have not read the book? What's the exact context of all this?
    Is he predicting the future... Or is he saying in his opinion?
    And if it is his opinion... So what?
    You have not read the book so you don't know.

• Advertisement

But how do you know these excepts are in context and not being deceptively edited and twisted by conspiracy theorists.
    As we've seen by the behaviour of conspiracy theorists, yourself included, they are very very dishonest and more than willing to manipulate things.

But I did answer your questions directly and succulently.
    I don't know what he meant and I don't have any reason to care.

Lol.
    No worries then.
    The Borg aren't real. They're only in Star Trek. And even then they'll be in the Delta Quadrant until the 2300's.

Is this guy not a cyborg: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Harbisson

But what's the context that saves 'Those that remain human are likely to become a subspecies'?

EyesClosed wrote: »
    How do you know that's what he means if you have not read the book? What's the exact context of all this?
    Is he predicting the future... Or is he saying in his opinion?
    And if it is his opinion... So what?
    You have not read the book so you don't know.

What context can save it? He's clearly talking about human beings becoming like this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Harbisson

Would you like that?

If he wasn't an immensely powerful man with fingers in pies all across the world I'd ignore him and put him down as insane.

Is this guy not a cyborg: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Harbisson

But what's the context that saves 'Those that remain human are likely to become a subspecies'?
    Dodging questions.
    And no. He is not a cyborg.
    Cyborgs are science fiction.
    They are not real, so there is no reason to be afraid of them.

Claiming you are afraid of becoming a cyborg, based off a book you are too lazy to read making you look ridiculous.

Dodging questions.
    And no. He is not a cyborg.
    Cyborgs are science fiction.
    They are not real, so there is no reason to be afraid of them.

Claiming you are afraid of becoming a cyborg, based off a book you are too lazy to read making you look ridiculous.

Someone should let Wikipedia know so:

"He is best known for being the first person in the world with an antenna implanted in his skull and for being legally recognized as a cyborg by a government"

Someone should let Wikipedia know so:

"He is best known for being the first person in the world with an antenna implanted in his skull and for being legally recognized as a cyborg by a government"
    So you're afraid of having an antenna forcfully implanted in your skull.

Will this be by other cyborgs? Will they be controlled via a hive mind?
    Or...?

• Advertisement

So you're afraid of having an antenna forcfully implanted in your skull.

Will this be by other cyborgs? Will they be controlled via a hive mind?
    Or...?

You said he wasn't a cyborg. Why is he legally recognised as one then?

I'm afraid of human beings becoming a subspecies, as promised / predicted by Schwab.

So cyborgs are people with antennas in their head.
    Why are you afraid of this?
    I'm afraid of human beings becoming a subspecies, as promised / predicted by Schwab.
    But how do you know this is what he promises when you haven't and won't read his book?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

That guy ain't a cyborg, no more than someone with a filling is.

We are a subspecies. It doesn't mean anything.

I've read some good arguments before that we are already cyborgs because we rely on so much technology as it is. The idea that the technology has to be inside the body is just an arbitrary line.

I've read some good arguments before that we are already cyborgs because we rely on so much technology as it is. The idea that the technology has to be inside the body is just an arbitrary line.

That's a pretty interesting point. Interfaces like Google glasses or any AR device are mere stepping stones to interactive lenses and then on to direct nerve interaction.

He's legally recognised as one.

He's legally recognised as one.
    Ok. You've said.

So according to you there's a big plot to have everyone forcibly implanted with a goofy looking antenna sticking out of their head that lets them feel electric fields.

And this to you is very scary.

Ok. You've said.

So according to you there's a big plot to have everyone forcibly implanted with a goofy looking antenna sticking out of their head that lets them feel electric fields.

And this to you is very scary.

I have to keep repeating it because it's being claimed that he isn't a cyborg.

It isn't scary to you? How can I answer s question like that? Being forced to go around like that should horrify everyone.

It isn't scary to you? How can I answer s question like that? Being forced to go around like that should horrify everyone.
    No. It sounds something more like a comedy sketch.

So why according to you does the big conspiracy you believe in want to give people goofy looking antennas in their heads that lets them kinda feel em fields?
    How does that benefit them?

No. It sounds something more like a comedy sketch.

So why according to you does the big conspiracy you believe in want to give people goofy looking antennas in their heads that lets them kinda feel em fields?
    How does that benefit them?

You should let Schwab no because he wrote the thing about cyborgs.

To change the concept of what it means to be human (Schwab claimed man and machine would merge).

• Advertisement

You should let Schwab no because he wrote the thing about cyborgs.

To change the concept of what it means to be human (Schwab claimed man and machine would merge).
    By having a big goofy antenna sticking out of one's head.
    Ok...
    Why though?

He's not a cyborg. I have a video from someone that says he ain't. I'll post it soon.

Am I doing it right?

Anyway, technically someone with a magnet under their skin is a cyborg, so I don't think you should get too worried about it.

The article you keep mentioning simply reasons that at some unknown point in the future we may, as a species, adapt tech in such a way that a person that doesn't use tech in that way will be greatly disadvantaged.

He's not a cyborg. I have a video from someone that says he ain't. I'll post it soon.

Am I doing it right?

Anyway, technically someone with a magnet under their skin is a cyborg, so I don't think you should get too worried about it.

The article you keep mentioning simply reasons that at some unknown point in the future we may, as a species, adapt tech in such a way that a person that doesn't use tech in that way will be greatly disadvantaged.

Thanks. That didn't occur to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

km991148 wrote: »
    I don't get this.. who exactly wants the stalled economies?

Deliberately crashing economies is a tried and tested method of shifting wealth upwards from the working and middle classes to the top.

When you crash an economy you can justify austerity measures, slash public services and sell off assets to private interests at pennies on the dollar.

Joe Wage-slave sees his taxes as paying for things that benefit the public good and is generally happy enough to pay those taxes. The top 1% don't see it like that. They see all the tax in the exchequer as their money and they want every penny of it. It's not some kind of hunch or conspiracy theory. It's a fact. The manufactured 2008 financial meltdown is a case in point. You crash the economy and the plebs don't understand what's happening but you tell them that "nobody could see this coming" and they nod like idiots and happily handover their money to get the economy back on track and think that they are doing their bit to fix the mess when they are just being suckered.

people will get fed up of covid 19 with the low death rate ... so to keep people under control they release a more severe outbreak.

Seems the more severe strain has "emerged" in the UK in the last day or two.

km991148 wrote: »
    But why?

Those at the top are already very happy?

Only a fool would believe that.

If they are "very happy" then why do they want more?

Deliberately crashing economies is a tried and tested method of shifting wealth upwards from the working and middle classes to the top.

When you crash an economy you can justify austerity measures, slash public services and sell off assets to private interests at pennies on the dollar.

Joe Wage-slave sees his taxes as paying for things that benefit the public good and is generally happy enough to pay those taxes. The top 1% don't see it like that. They see all the tax in the exchequer as their money and they want every penny of it. It's not some kind of hunch or conspiracy theory. It's a fact. The manufactured 2008 financial meltdown is a case in point. You crash the economy and the plebs don't understand what's happening but you tell them that "nobody could see this coming" and they nod like idiots and happily handover their money to get the economy back on track and think that they are doing their bit to fix the mess when they are just being suckered.

Spot on. This is a controlled demolition of the economy. The fact that it's happening all across the world and that it hasn't occurred to any of the so-called governments that they should maybe consider the economy a bit suggests that they couldn't care less about the economy and are letting it burn on purpose.

Seems the more severe strain has "emerged" in the UK in the last day or two.

Amazing timing. The vaccines appear and a severe strain is just what was needed to frighten those who were hesitant to take the vaccines.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    • People have been increasingly moving from physical cash to digital cash for a decade, it's not a conspiracy
    • Digital IDs are a proposal. I have digital ID. There is no conspiracy about this.
    • Health passports are a proposal to help business/employers/etc identify if someone is walking into their business/office/etc with e.g. Covid. Not a conspiracy
    • The Rockerfeller foundation is a philanthropic organisation

You are just lazily gluing a bunch of stuff and conspiracy tropes together and trying to imply something nefarious is going on without ever properly detailing it

Discriminating against someone based on their medical condition is not only illegal it is immoral. Now I'm sure you will jump through hoops to justify it. "Anything to keep me safe", "It makes sense to save lives" blah blah. By that logic a shop should only allow entrance to people who can prove they haven't been convicted of theft or shoplifting since otherwise the patron is a threat.

Are you seriously trying to defend and apologise for Health Passports? Seriously?

And just because something is a proposal doesn't mean it's benign. If I proposed that you succumb to having your whereabouts monitored at all times because it is needed to make sure that you aren't in any danger would you be fine with that? Judging by how blithely you bend over to the diktats of authority and sneer at anyone who expresses a modicum of trepidation then I'm guessing you would be.

And what's wrong with cash? Again you dream up some excuse for transactions to be cashless and the best you can do is that either it's convenient or that anyone who wants to use cash ought to be quilt tripped because clearly the only reason they want to use cash is because they are buying drugs or some such nonsense. Cash has worked for millenia. It replaced barter because clearly I can swap a chicken for a sack of corn but my sack of corn is pretty useless if I want an axe but nobody who has an axe to exchange wants or needs my sack or corn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Lol, ok please provide (real) examples of this happening, thanks
    The manufactured 2008 financial meltdown is a case in point. .

Wow, okay so who "manufactured" the 2008 FC?

I'm curious to know since I work in the field, and have studied that crisis. No paste-dumps from Zerohedge or 3 hour conspiracy videos, proper sources thanks.

Advertisement