Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Quiner

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    He fell off the ladder because he was ill from Covid. Sometimes people have falls because they are ill.

Again, your views are consistent with Covid denial; trying to downplay the number of people who have died as a result of Covid by being pedantic about individual cases

But he'd be put down as 'died directly of covid', That's the point. That's why the 1.5 million number is a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Quiner wrote: »
    But he'd be put down as 'died directly of covid', That's the point. That's why the 1.5 million number is a farce.

But if he didn't have covid... He wouldn't have died...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,034 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I have zero interest in whether or not the building is swastika shaped. It doesn't bother me in the slightest and I certainly don't think a building would be shaped in such a way to convey a sinister message. Many churches and cathedrals are shaped as a Latin cross, so what. What I find a stretch is your assertion that the builders only spotted this "boo-boo" after the thing was completed.

You said, did you not, that they only noticed after they broke ground.

It's not "my assertion". I am quoting the people who built the building. It's clearly in the source I provided. This isn't the first time you've done this, it seems you have difficulty understanding sources of information.

Likewise you seem to think something can't have happened because you "can't believe it", another common pattern to your views. Posters have tried explaining the concept to you previously, but it's clear you don't grasp it whatsoever, apparently the world revolves around what you can and can't believe.

Still waiting for answers to my questions regarding your claims that economies are deliberately crashed and that the 2008 FC was manufactured.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Because he died of covid.
    His fall didn't kill him.

And even still extrapolating that one case out to a world wide scale is silly.
    It's too stupid to be dishonest.

"As a result of". Some countries are considered to have been undercounting the number of people who have died as a result of Covid, so the true figure may be even higher than it is now (currently near 1.7 million)

If you are claiming that this figure is wrong, then what is the real figure (with proper sources), if you can't do this, then your views are baseless denial.

• Advertisement

EyesClosed wrote: »
    But if he didn't have covid... He wouldn't have died...

But if a guy falls off a ladder, breaks every bone in his body, his skull splits in half, and there's blood everywhere, he died OF covid if he happened to have covid at the time? Even if he felt perfectly fine and didn't realise he had it?

Take Illinois, for example:

https://week.com/2020/04/20/idph-director-explains-how-covid-deaths-are-classified/

"Essentially, Dr. Ezike explained that anyone who passes away after testing positive for the virus is included in that category.

"If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it's still listed as a COVID death. So, everyone who's listed as a COVID death doesn't mean that that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of the death." Dr. Ezike outlined."

It's a farce. Would you agree with me that the bit in bold is crazy?

"As a result of". Some countries are considered to have been undercounting the number of people who have died as a result of Covid, so the true figure may be even higher than it is now (currently near 1.7 million)

If you are claiming that this figure is wrong, then what is the real figure (with proper sources), if you can't do this, then your views are baseless denial.

See my post re 6% in terms of covid deaths in the US.

King Mob wrote: »
    Because he died of covid.
    His fall didn't kill him.

And even still extrapolating that one case out to a world wide scale is silly.
    It's too stupid to be dishonest.

Same thing going on in Illinois:

https://week.com/2020/04/20/idph-director-explains-how-covid-deaths-are-classified/

"If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it's still listed as a COVID death. So, everyone who's listed as a COVID death doesn't mean that that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of the death." Dr. Ezike outlined.

But if a guy falls off a ladder, breaks every bone in his body, his skull splits in half, and there's blood everywhere, he died OF covid if he happened to have covid at the time? Even if he felt perfectly fine and didn't realise he had it?

Take Illinois, for example:

"Essentially, Dr. Ezike explained that anyone who passes away after testing positive for the virus is included in that category.

"If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it's still listed as a COVID death. So, everyone who's listed as a COVID death doesn't mean that that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of the death." Dr. Ezike outlined."

It's a farce. Would you agree with me that the bit in bold is crazy?

OK let's take aids... This is already been explained to you by the way.
    Aids doesn't kill anyone... It destroys the immune system and then a cold will kill someone... So did aids kill them? Yes or no please.

Covid is the same... Had the man on the ladder not had it... He would not have fallen off said ladder.

Same thing going on in Illinois:
    Again, dodging the point.
    Your claim was a lie. You ignored my response to that claim.

• Advertisement

I'm waiting for you to provide the death figures for Covid globally.

OK let's take aids... This is already been explained to you by the way.
    Aids doesn't kill anyone... It destroys the immune system and then a cold will kill someone... So did aids kill them? Yes or no please.

Covid is the same... Had the man on the ladder not had it... He would not have fallen off said ladder.

Yes.

But the comparison doesn't work. I'm talking about a man who falls off a ladder, splits his skull in half, breaks every bone in his body, and who happens to have covid without realising it and feeling absolutely fine (as most people who have it do) being put down as 'died (directly) of covid'. That's happening all over the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Wrong. WHO advice specifically advises against this. But you know this as I have told you already.

The guy you are using as an example fell off a ladder due to having covid, but that's not why covid was linked to his death. He died specifically because covid had made bits of his body, he would not have died if he didn't have covid. But you know this as it is in the report that was linked earlier. It's very clear.

So yet again you are lying or being willfully ignorant. Which is it? You didn't answer me the last time so I will assume you are just dishonest in your statements.

I'm waiting for you to provide the death figures for Covid globally.

I can't.

But we can surmise that the same nonsense that's going on in the US and England re covid deaths is happening in other countries as well. I can't give an exact number, but it's clearly lower than 1.5 million. I'm specifically talking about 'died directly of covid' here.

I can't.

But we can surmise that the same nonsense that's going on in the US and England re covid deaths is happening in other countries as well. I can't give an exact number, but it's clearly lower than 1.5 million. I'm specifically talking about 'died directly of covid' here.

And I can surmise it is under reported in some countries, so it is clearly higher than 1.5 million.

I can't.
    Finally. Something true.
    Why can't you provide it?
    Why have you been lying and pretending that you could?

Wrong. WHO advice specifically advises against this. But you know this as I have told you already.

The guy you are using as an example fell off a ladder due to having covid, but that's not why covid was linked to his death. He died specifically because covid had made bits of his body, he would not have died if he didn't have covid. But you know this as it is in the report that was linked earlier. It's very clear.

So yet again you are lying or being willfully ignorant. Which is it? You didn't answer me the last time so I will assume you are just dishonest in your statements.

My one was hypothetical. In my hypothetical ladder fall, did that man die of covid?

I'm supposed to take WHO seriously? The same WHO that has changed the definition of herd immunity and whose head could face genocide charges:> https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/who-chief-tedros-adhanom-ghebreyesus-may-face-genocide-charges-2fbfz7sff

Finally. Something true.
    Why can't you provide it?
    Why have you been lying and pretending that you could?

You keep ignoring the 6% post. As far as I'm concerned I've shown that the 1.5 million number is grossly inflated.

You keep ignoring the 6% post. As far as I'm concerned I've shown that the 1.5 million number is grossly inflated.
    But I didn't. I responded to it directly and in full. You ignored my response. You are now lying about this too.

You are getting desperate.

You also once again ignore direct questions posted to you because you are incapable of answering honestly.

My one was hypothetical. In my hypothetical ladder fall, did that man die of covid?

I'm supposed to take WHO seriously? The same WHO that has changed the definition of herd immunity and whose head could face genocide charges:> https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/who-chief-tedros-adhanom-ghebreyesus-may-face-genocide-charges-2fbfz7sff

Your one was not hypothetical... You kept using the man who fell off the ladder story... If he didn't have covid he would not have fallen its simple... Exactly like aids... Which you admit is the killer not the cold...

• Advertisement

And I can surmise it is under reported in some countries, so it is clearly higher than 1.5 million.

That's fine. But can you explain the two contradictory claims being made, i.e. 70,000 excess deaths but also 0 excess deaths in the UK, as well as the claim of 300,000 excess deaths in the US and deaths this year on track to be lower than previous years. No one has addressed this point. I'm genuinely curious to know which is true.

But I didn't. I responded to it directly and in full. You ignored my response. You are now lying about this too.

You are getting desperate.

You also once again ignore direct questions posted to you because you are incapable of answering honestly.

Okay, we're just going around in circles here. If you want to continue to believe that the 1.5 million number is accurate, then that's up to you. I believe it to be lower than 1.5 million. That's it.

Your one was not hypothetical... You kept using the man who fell off the ladder story... If he didn't have covid he would not have fallen its simple... Exactly like aids... Which you admit is the killer not the cold...

Yes, I said it was hypothetical. In my scenario, he could be put down as 'died of covid'.

Stop lying. You claimed previously that his death was being wrongly reported and linked a report that not only didn't back up your claim, it directly refuted it.

The WHO advice is being widely taken. I couldnt care less about your switching tactics.

Other posters here are engaging honestly with you, a bit of common courtesy would go a long way.

Yes, I said it was hypothetical. In my scenario, he could be put down as 'died of covid'.

Because he did... Had he not had covid, he wouldn't have fallen... Why can't you understand that?

Because he did... Had he not had covid, he wouldn't have fallen... Why can't you understand that?

I think you're misunderstanding my post. My one is hypothetical. Did the man, in my hypothetical scenario whereby he happened to have covid, but felt fine, but fell off a ladder because he lost his balance, die of covid? I'm not talking about the actual case of that man who died of covid after falling from a ladder.

More Covid denial and conspiracy theorist talking points.

A lot of people have died from Covid. Conspiracy theorists and Covid deniers don't like this fact, they want to downplay the severity of the pandemic in order to project their views that this is all a "scam" or a "ruse".

When asked for the real figures, they can never provide them. All they can do is engage in denial about the pandemic to sow doubt about it in order to hint at vague conspiracies they can't support.

Okay, we're just going around in circles here. If you want to continue to believe that the 1.5 million number is accurate, then that's up to you. I believe it to be lower than 1.5 million. That's it.
    But you don't believe this. You know this is wrong because you have to lie pretty much in every post about everything.

If what you believe is true, why do you have to lie and act so dishonestly?

Stop lying. You claimed previously that his death was being wrongly reported and linked a report that not only didn't back up your claim, it directly refuted it.

The WHO advice is being widely taken. I couldnt care less about your switching tactics.

Other posters here are engaging honestly with you, a bit of common courtesy would go a long way.

But my one is hypothetical. I'm not talking about that man who died of covid after he fell off the ladder. I'm presenting a hypothetical case.

And I don't take WHO seriously. That's all I'm saying. But it doesn't matter what I think. I'm just saying I don't.

And I always try to be courteous. I never insult posters, and try my best to explain any ambiguities.

• Advertisement

But my one is hypothetical. I'm not talking about that man who died of covid after he fell off the ladder. I'm presenting a hypothetical case.
    This is a lie. You were claiming up and down that that case proved your conspiracy.
    But now, after that's been soundly debunked, you have to resort to a hypothetical.

Advertisement