Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hamilton - an American musical

• 16-11-2020 9:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭

Havent seen a thread on this, apologies if there has been.

Can't say I've ever been a musical fan, or even watched more than one in my life, if that. Was recommended this (on Disney +) and I have to say that it was the best entertainment that I have ever witnessed, be it on tv, a movie, or music.

It might be that it appeals to me but I've never watched anything with a mix of admiration - how in god's name did they make this - and enjoyment - singing, humming and rapping the tunes after it was all done.

I think it is a phenomenal achievement to get this done. Telling the story of Alexander Hamilton thought a modern music (hip-hop, rap, mix of beatles tunes, and regular musical standards (I expect) I would recommend it to everyone. I can see why some people are obsessed with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭CivilCybil

I was introduced to this a few years ago by my daughter and was lucky enough to see it in London before the pandemic.
    I sat there in complete awe of how the whole production was put together. The production of "satisfied" is particularly jaw dropping with everything being done in reverse.

We watched the Disney original cast film version and have probably watched it at least once a month since it came out.
    New musical theatre is something completely different to the classics like grease or phantom etc. They're a world apart.
    Another favourite in our house is Dear Evan Hanson which is also being made into a movie (an actual film adaptation as opposed to a recording of the show).

Lin Manuel Miranda isn't the best singer but the man is a musical genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

Daveed Diggs steals every scene he is in. A phenomenal work of art.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Outstanding. I watched it for the first time last week and I'm about to watch it for a fourth time now. The whole thing is an absolute joy to watch and as has been mentioned already the songs are absolute genius. The way he can tell the story so well through rhyme is unbelievable. Great performances from pretty much every single cast member although the guys playing Aaron Burr and Jefferson/Lafayette really steal the show. Straight into me top five movies of all time.

Advertisement