Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

34 Days of back to back snooker begins today !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,901 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Costly miss by Un-Nooh on that red to the middle. 3-2 to Ronnie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I haven't seen the UK Championship draw mentioned.
    https://www.eurosport.com/snooker/uk-championship/2020-2021/uk-championship-snooker-2020-draw-schedule-and-results-as-ronnie-o-sullivan-eyes-eighth-title_sto7998133/story.shtml

Couple of nasty ones for Irish players.
    Leo Fernandez up against Ronnie.
    Fergal has John Higgins.
    Aaron Hill has a reasonable shot against Kurt Maflin.
    Ken Doherty has Lu Ning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I haven't seen the UK Championship draw mentioned.
    https://www.eurosport.com/snooker/uk-championship/2020-2021/uk-championship-snooker-2020-draw-schedule-and-results-as-ronnie-o-sullivan-eyes-eighth-title_sto7998133/story.shtml

Couple of nasty ones for Irish players.
    Leo Fernandez up against Ronnie.
    Fergal has John Higgins.
    Aaron Hill has a reasonable shot against Kurt Maflin.
    Ken Doherty has Lu Ning.

There's no actual draw for uk as such, in that it's based on ranking, 1 v 128, 2 v 127 and so on. Ken playing pretty well of late so reward is getting a relatively good draw here.

Maflin very poor today - one wonders how he got this far? Maybe the 'main table' doesn't suit him for whatever reason/s. Carter not exactly on top form either; and in the highly likely event he gets over the line today; I think he'll be beat by whoever he faces in the semis.

Apparently Maflin only dropped 8 frames getting this far - not evident on today's performance.

4-3 Carter, and well ahead here, Still, lots of points left if Kurt can find a bit extra - :D Don't think so now - looks foregone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Carter will face Ronnie if he beats Ding tonight

• Advertisement

Carter will face Ronnie if he beats Ding tonight

Just saw that Arthur - was too lazy to check earlier :pac:

I didn't realize it was Grace/Bingtao on the other side of the draw - I wouldn't have been as quick to write Ali off against either of them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Woeful miss on the red to middle from Ding, looking like 4-2 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

All too common spineless performance from Ding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭waynescales1

zuutroy wrote: »

Ding’s deterioration is a shame I think, because at his best he is sublime and he’s a likeable fella too.

O’Sullivan v Carter tomorrow. Can’t see Carter now without thinking of the barging incident at the WC 3 years ago.

zuutroy wrote: »

A shame too because he started the match so well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Been dipping in and out this week but as poster said already once again Ding folded like a cheap tent. From 2-0 up and in first with a good chance in the third he just gpt steadily worse and exited with a whimper. For such a good player this has happened too many times.

Be good to see Carter v Ronnie. Ali is a spikey little geezer who will be well up for this one. 'Shouldergate' will be mentioned a few times by Foulds and Hendon no doubt but it's all in the past. Can see Ali giving Ronnie a good workout (not with his fists) but not being able to deliver a knockout blow.

Saw Judd escape earlier in the week when looking like losing to Brecel. I've lost count of the times Judd has come from behind and won a Home Nations match 4-3. Brecel had two or three chances to finish Judd off but messed it up. I have not seen any of his semi final opponent David Grace (and know very little about him) but Judd has used his get out of jail card already so should win this one comfortably enough.

Perhaps we can look forward to a Sunday Sizzler: World Num 1 v World Num 2. The Rocket v The Bristol Pistol!!

Ronnie really taking the mick playing on when he needs 10 snookers in frame 3.

He wouldn't be at if he wasn't playing Carter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

He's doing it all week.

They mentionned on commentary he did it in one frame against Matthew Stevens but they are scratching their head politely as to why he is at it here. It's not for table time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Ronnie is not at the races at all. Carter has not played particularly well but he's winning frames.

If Ronnie doesn't come out and knock in a few centuries after the interval I'd say he's toast. This type of match suits Carter down to the ground.

I see Ali is 3-2 ahead. Was watching the hurling. Ronnie in the balls in frame six with a generous kiss on the pink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Ronnie looking better here since the interval. This one could go all the way.

Joe can appreciate a good shot - the bloke with the 'clap' button should perhaps get a signal from him.

weemcd wrote: »
    Ronnie looking better here since the interval. This one could go all the way.

I had a feeling he'd improve after the interval. Sometimes the break is helpful for the losing player.

• Advertisement

Ronnie played that long red with 'safety in mind' (right hand side according to Joe) - he didn't go gung ho. Ronnie wants this!

What a red to set Ronnie on his way here and a great clearance (what a blue!) to win 5-3. Brilliant to have the Rocket back in tomorrow's final!

Nice final clearance by Ronnie and a good way to end the match.

David Grace 13/2 - had to have a go at that price :)

David Grace 13/2 - had to have a go at that price :)

If you have me 10/1 i woukdn't take it. It's all set up for a clash of the titans. Judd to win.at his ease :)

If you have me 10/1 i woukdn't take it. It's all set up for a clash of the titans. Judd to win.at his ease :)

I know what you mean Chalk :D

Felt like a bet in this - but would it be a 'procession' , or could the World number 67 'go close' perhaps. Couldn't get any sort of 'read' on it, so just went for the big (albeit undervalued:p ) outsider.

I'm hoping Ron wins myself, regardless of who he faces; though can appreciate your / and many others wanting to see the 'Clash of the Titans' :pac:

I make it 10/11 Ronnie , 20/21 Judd - a pickem (should Trump progress).

If I was to stick my neck out, could be 6-5 either way :D

Come on Ron!

I make it 10/11 Ronnie , 20/21 Judd - a pickem (should Trump progress).

If I was to stick my neck out, could be 6-5 either way :D

Come on Ron!

Final is best of 17 but i know what you mean. I think Judd has won the last few finals between them so Ronnie will be keen to reverse that and as much as he rabbits on about 'just being happy to be playing' we know how competetive he really is and how he hates to lose to the top players like Judd or Selby. Hard to look past Judd all the same. He is playing at the peak of his powers and usually brings his A game to finals and especially against Ronnie. So Judd 9-7 for me which would be three 9-7 Northern Ireland Open final wins on the spin v Ronnie.

Final is best of 17 but i know what you mean. I think Judd has won the last few finals between them so Ronnoe will be keen to reverse that and as much as he rabbits on about 'just being happy to be playing' we know how competetive he really is and how he hates to lose to the top players like Judd or Selby. Hard to look past Judd all the same. He is playing at the peak of his powers and usually brings his A game to finals and especially against Ronnie. So Judd 9-7 for me.

Best of 11 :pac: :o I don't know why I thought that.

In that case I like Ronnie that bit more (Judd mentioned safety not a big aspect; but he would) . I see Ronnie not going all out, and win 9-6 or 9-5 playing patiently, as he has does a bit the last while. Might chance a yoyo or 3 on both those.

• Advertisement

Best of 11 :pac: :o I don't know why I thought that.

In that case I like Ronnie that bit more (Judd mentioned safety not a big aspect; but he would) . I see Ronnie not going all out, and win 9-6 or 9-5 playing patiently, as he has does a bit the last while. Might chance a yoyo or 3 on both those.

That would be brilliant. There's some good sport on tomorrow (Munster and Ulster football finals, Liverpool v Leicester) but Judd v Ronnie in a big snooker final trumps the lot (pardon the pun). It really is a mouthwatering prospect.

Advertisement