Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods account

Options
  • 16-11-2020 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I’m just wondering if anyone has an experience with this issue ,I’m looking to order something over 1500 but my credit is a couple of euro and I pay the bill on time what is the best way to get the item
    Is it deposit more money into the account and how much??
    Or order it and see what happens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

the best way is to purchase outright without borrowing, because that way there is no interest and no fees.

the next best way is to compare the rate of interest offered by the vendor (and consider any fees), to what you would pay for the credit union, if you have one, or the bank personal loan/overdraft. Convenient doesn't always mean good value. Do your homework.

Some loans dont allow you to overpay to bring down the term/reduce the monthly payment. You appear to be asking about that, you need to read the Ts & C's carefully to see if it is permitted, and if charges or limits apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

the best way is to purchase outright without borrowing, because that way there is no interest and no fees.

the next best way is to compare the rate of interest offered by the vendor (and consider any fees), to what you would pay for the credit union, if you have one, or the bank personal loan/overdraft. Convenient doesn't always mean good value. Do your homework.

Some loans dont allow you to overpay to bring down the term/reduce the monthly payment. You appear to be asking about that, you need to read the Ts & C's carefully to see if it is permitted, and if charges or limits apply.

Sorry I can’t buy outright thanks for the advice I’m looking to find out how much I need to deposit to purchase the product

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

At 40% interest, I'd avoid littlewoods credit at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Only Littlewoods can answer this question.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Welshprince

L1011 wrote: »
    Only Littlewoods can answer this question.

Good luck with that one. Littlewoods are now diverting to an Indian call center and believe me they are totally uninterested, they will tell you lies and you need a mighty good ear to catch what they say! Littlewoods have given up all pretense of offering good customer service. They just want you indebted and paying exorbitant amounts of interest.
    Avoid Littlewoods as they have become one of the most terrible places to have involvement with, look elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

OP get a CU loan and buy the item elsewhere Littlewoods are poison dear..

To answer your question, you can buy the item you want by either paying outright by card, OR you can request a credit limit increase, OR you can deposit enough to cover the cost of the item.

If you order it without a credit limit increase, it will go through the motions of sending the order for review but come back with a decline.

But I agree Littlewoods interest rates are a total rip off, if you can buy elsewhere, I would.

Advertisement