Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD!

Options
  • 16-11-2020 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

So what's the story with the expandable storage with PS5?

I bought the Western Digital SN850 1TB NVMe SSD and this was before Sony publicly announced that the SSD slot will be disabled at launch so i was under the impression that this SSD would work at launch (Quite a few youtubers were saying at the time that this SSD is fast enough for the PS5 and should work).

Anyway, I ordered it and later found out that Sony have disabled the SSD slot at launch :(. Now my order is currently in transit and i should have the SSD in a few weeks i think but i'm not sure what to do with it now. Should i return it and ask for a refund? Should i keep it in the hope that Sony will eventually allow this to run in the PS5?

If it doesn't work in the PS5, it's useless for me as I don't have a PC or anything I can put this SSD in (Maybe I can use it as an external drive by putting it in an enclosure or something?). Any suggestions what to do with this now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I would return it and wait for someone to actually test the SSD will actually work. You are chancing your arm on an expensive purchase, that may not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya return it. Prices might have fallen by the time the feature is unlocked as a lot more manufactures will be designing the NVME specficially for the PS5.

Advertisement